Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

old rambling raver can barely find keyboard

• 14-04-2007 7:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭

Right lads and ladettes, ravers, pill scoffers (Only a FIVER!!!!! Jaysus the youth have it so lucky today), early house frequenters, sweaty sun in april, fell off the wagon pill poppers, sniffin' poppers in yer ma's bog type heads-lets get a boards.ie night together-whose up for it? Start early end late, get the baby sitters in for at least 2 days, **** it it would be a laugh?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭DUB1

YOU CAN COUNT ME IN :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭francois

DUB1 wrote:
    YOU CAN COUNT ME IN :p
    I reckon we cud get at leats 300 from this board-get all the old skool jocks in-easy peasy cheap night and all-i'll look into it, maybe the tivoli would have enuff room for all the whhelchairs and white canes :D
    nah but i'm serious-a decant venue will cosy abour 1500. plus another 200 for flyers and press-so if we are up for it (i mean lets not take a profit, lets go for it) coz there is no point charging in loads of dosh, when us DJ's are happy with a few yolks! seriously though, if we are on for it why not?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

Sounds good.

I'll look into it so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Tivoli would be a great spot for it. How bout the SFX? or is it still even standing?! Count me in anyway!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I'm definitely up for it :D ive already ,met a few people from this forum and gone to clubs and raves with them.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

ya can count me in, tbh you'd be lucky to get 300 people of boards.ie.

there's a certain person off this site, when a gig come up, he seems to be getting married and thats every gig, must have a lot wives!!! :p

SFX is gone I think, Tivoli could be a spot, there are lots of east european gigs on there at th moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Maybe the mansion house? that would bring back some great memories:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭JCarey70

Maybe the mansion house? that would bring back some great memories:D

The Mansion House might be biting off more than one could chew :D Anyway I hear the Bouncers in that place are real fussy about their clientele these days :) What about Leinster House or Dublin Castle? Ha ha :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

francois wrote:
    SFX is gone I think
    Yeah it's definitely gone. I recently priced the services for the redevelopment of the site.

Guess what's going there in it's place. Yeah you guessed it.....A sh1tload of apartments. Now there's a strange one for Dublin. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

how about the bottom of the hill finglas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

Might be able to work something out with the Tivoli, know someone who is in on the ownership of it. I don't have the time to organise anything at the moment though as my exams are coming up but if someone does the main organising and people want that as a venue I'll see what I can do.

Interetsing if you can PM me with a rental price simona
    ta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,583 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I'll be up for this.

And anyone doing anything 'out of line' over the evening will of course be banned :D

KevIRL wrote:
    I'll be up for this.

And anyone doing anything 'out of line' over the evening will of course be banned :D

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

only if i can play an old school jungle set!

:D

feck it, i'm there no matter what!

only if i can play an old school jungle set!

:D

feck it, i'm there no matter what!

MASSIVE :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Count me in too ... and about 6 mates of mine who would jump at the chance.

Its been ages since I had a good night/morning/night again experience.

Think the last time was about 3 years ago when I was in the POD, then a party, then The Claddagh (early house off Capel St .. now called The Cameo), then Chancery Inn, then Out on the Liffey (music pumping at 1pm on a Saturday afteronn), then that pub at the top of Capel St/Bolton St that is now an offie and then onto The Legal Eagle to hear the sounds of the lads from 1210... god I was in bits for about 3 days after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

now what would top this off would be to arrange a warehouse party along the quays for after the club :D

• Advertisement

That would be savage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,710 ✭✭✭jd

francois wrote:
    Right lads and ladettes, ravers, pill scoffers (Only a FIVER!!!!! Jaysus the youth have it so lucky today), early house frequenters, sweaty sun in april, fell off the wagon pill poppers, sniffin' poppers in yer ma's bog type heads-lets get a boards.ie night together-whose up for it? Start early end late, get the baby sitters in for at least 2 days, **** it it would be a laugh?
    Geeze Francois
    You don't have kids now, do you?
    jd

jd wrote:
    Geeze Francois
    You don't have kids now, do you?
    jd

None that I am aware of anyway ;)

gazzer wrote:
    Count me in too ... and about 6 mates of mine who would jump at the chance.

Its been ages since I had a good night/morning/night again experience.

Think the last time was about 3 years ago when I was in the POD, then a party, then The Claddagh (early house off Capel St .. now called The Cameo), then Chancery Inn, then Out on the Liffey (music pumping at 1pm on a Saturday afteronn), then that pub at the top of Capel St/Bolton St that is now an offie and then onto The Legal Eagle to hear the sounds of the lads from 1210... god I was in bits for about 3 days after that.

Done it every weekend for years mate allbeit different places, used to be like water off a ducks back to me,for example a typical Friday nite would involve going to the pub meeting some people do "do some business" heading into either Sides, Ormond Multimedia Centre, Temple Of Sound, the Waterfront,The System, The Asylum a serious amount of quality clubs to choose from back then when club finished there was never any shortage of parties back then, 7 am head to the earlyhouse more often than not barnstormers off Pearse St a mental place but always some craic, stay there until the afternoon, leave, pick up more supplies, meet some people to "do more business" back to the pub and back to club again,repeat all over again, every weekend sometiomes from Thursday until Tuesday, Dub 1 will testify to that.

nowadays it would take me over a week to recove if i attempted that :eek: :D

red dave wrote:
    now what would top this off would be to arrange a warehouse party along the quays for after the club :D

Now you're talking a proper underground Rave, amazing stuff if we could sort that out, obviously it would have to be kept on a need to know basis but im sure someone could come up with something;)

jonny68 wrote:
    Now you're talking a proper underground Rave, amazing stuff if we could sort that out, obviously it would have to be kept on a need to know basis but im sure someone could come up with something;)

100% there's a few spots i can think off, but its abit out

senan s wrote:

Prob best to keep any details off a very public message board tho.... :D

KevIRL wrote:
    Prob best to keep any details off a very public message board tho.... :D

ah.. for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭CTRob

This sounds interesting :cool:

• Advertisement

jonny68 wrote:
    Done it every weekend for years mate allbeit different places, more often than not barnstormers off Pearse St a mental place but always some craic, stay there until the afternoon, leave, pick up more supplies,
    nowadays it would take me over a week to recove if i attempted that :eek: :D
    Barnstormers-MAD place, the pool lounge upstairs was crazy-all the locals would join the ravers for the early morning fun

senan s wrote:

it's nigh on impossible to find a spot in dublin now, the only hassle with places being a bit out is transport

No one said it has to be a club folks ;) plenty of warehouses and the likes to choose from, even the great outdoors in the summer would be deadly, lets get plans into motion folks, even if you had like 200 or so it could be the makings of a top session.:cool:

Anyone got a generator?;)

Simona1986 wrote:
    Anyone got a generator?;)

I'm sure that can be arranged mate ;)

jonny68 wrote:
    No one said it has to be a club folks ;) plenty of warehouses and the likes to choose from, even the great outdoors in the summer would be deadly, lets get plans into motion folks, even if you had like 200 or so it could be the makings of a top session.:cool:

While this is true. Lets keep all planning that happens on this thread to be about a club event only. Nothing to be arranged on this thread that the guards may have an issue with please.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Sounds good, would be well up for this as would a number of others I know who could do with coming out of clubbing retirement if only for one night! Please include an oldskool techno slot on the night :D

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

francois wrote:
    Barnstormers-MAD place, the pool lounge upstairs was crazy-all the locals would join the ravers for the early morning fun

Think I remember Barnstormers...was that the early house full of rockers and bikers? Some fckd up memories of a place fitting that description

Here is one classic tune you would have to play Francois, you were the first DJ i heard play this in the Waterfront about 11/12 years ago, blew the place apart:D

http://www.discogs.com/release/18615

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gBcEmD4lb4&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fbulletin%2Emyspace%2Ecom%2Findex%2Ecfm%3Ffuseaction%3Dbulletin%2Eread%26messageID%3D3321888895%26MyToken%3D83b3be91%2Dfb70%2D40c4%2D861

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

jonny68 wrote:
    Here is one classic tune you would have to play Francois, you were the first DJ i heard play this in the Waterfront about 11/12 years ago, blew the place apart:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gBcEmD4lb4&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fbulletin%2Emyspace%2Ecom%2Findex%2Ecfm%3Ffuseaction%3Dbulletin%2Eread%26messageID%3D3321888895%26MyToken%3D83b3be91%2Dfb70%2D40c4%2D861
    Classic, I can imagine it did :D Tune reminds me of my first time, at ****** (edit- I forgot, the Kildare summer music thing :) ) in 2004, the dance arena was ****ing hopping off. Must have pretty much stayed in it for 12 hours straight :D

Count me in for this.....

jonny68 wrote:

That is a truly savage tune-a great one for whipping the crowd into a frenzy, what a breakdown as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

jonny68 wrote:

Savage tune indeed. I didn't realise it has been around for so long! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Sounds good Fran,

like the good oul days!

:)

Tivoli would be a decent option....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Been reading this thread with great interest so far.

So, how are you going to pick a line-up, or is it going to be an orderly free-for-all?

Seanie.

Sounds like fun. But two chances of persuading the wife to go to a rave to meet people on an internet site.

Why don't ye all travel to South Kerry sometime?

By the way, if its gotta be oldskool, its GOTTA include this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymMzjKKRefw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Entec

great idea,hope it works out for ya

if its old school you have to play these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Ez8sRJNnk (cubic22 - night in motion)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV-0qUbdRto (stakker - humanoid)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

+1, providing there's plenty of filthy techno.

Well everyone should be willing to help out in whatever way but seen as Francois came up with the idea maybe leave it up to him to choose a venue and that, music wise a mixture of old skool and today's music would be the right choice IMO.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

Cake Fiend wrote:
    +1, providing there's plenty of filthy techno.
    ... and some new-school distorted elecrtronic big-beat hardcore data punk!

d45c6c6e3eb92dee9ff68bf408fb3493.gif

Awww yeah!

:D:D:D

EDIT: Ok, I'm a bit paranoid now. I presume it's ok for me to insert a animated image in a post (but not in a sig). Anyway, mods, please feel free to remove the image/post as necessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Fnz wrote:
    ... and some new-school distorted elecrtronic big-beat hardcore data punk!

No thanks, I'm straight....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Catchy-Monkey

Sounds Good! Count me in. Let me know if I can help!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement