Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meditation Groups

Options
  • 14-04-2007 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Anyone know of any meditatiion groups in the Kildare area?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I dont know of any but I didnt know of any Development Circles in Dublin when I wanted one so I started one myself and it ran for a few months.

Finding people can be hard but I'm sure there are a few people on here from the area that would be interested if such a thing existed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

Please be careful if you are starting a circle, make sure all involved are serious and work only within the light,also whoever in charge needs to know what they are doing in the event of anybody going into trance ect as there are a few things that could be potentially dangerous if handled incorrectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Aisling&M

if you wanted to partake in a group and wanted someone who would 'lead it' maybe ask around if there are interested people and approach a reputable psychic/medium and ask then with the details if they would be interested in leading it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

Aisling&M wrote:
    if you wanted to partake in a group and wanted someone who would 'lead it' maybe ask around if there are interested people and approach a reputable psychic/medium and ask then with the details if they would be interested in leading it?

Apologies I should have give a better description, I would only looking for a positive meditation group where the aim would be relaxation, connecting with inner self and positive healing energy. Or groups that practice transcendental, Buddhist or mantra meditations.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Aisling&M

I understand you a bit better now. I'm sure you could rally a few like-minded people to start one, but still a good idea to know how to protect yourself and your environment.

Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Check your local libraries and comnunity centre notice boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Suebird

This could be of interest to folks too:

A secular meditation group which respects the diversity within its members while abstaining from promoting any one philosophy or ideology.

Meets the first Sunday of each month to explore various techniques, from ancient to contemporary teachings.

The format of meetings allows an opportunity to learn something new, whether you're a seasoned practitioner or a newbie.

People without meditation experience are welcome to join.

For more info:
    http://meditation.meetup.com/460/

• Registered Users Posts: 19 White Light

Hi siochain :)
    You should find what you're looking for on holisto.com

Advertisement