Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vw 3dr tdi golf(non gt tdi)

Options
  • 14-04-2007 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi im just wondering is it possible to get 3door tdi golf but one thats not a gt,
    i've been lookin around for a while and all i can seem to find is a 3door sdi and i'm starting to think that this type of car doesnt exist although i did hear something about a 3door S tdi. Any help at all would be grateful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Which model are you looking at?

There seems to be a few 3 door MkV TDi models for sale on carzone.ie. I would say the 3 door MkIV TDi is pretty rare here, most would be vans. You might have better luck sourcing one in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Toon--soldier

Cheers, preferably 115 or lower anything higher and I get killed on insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

the sdi version is really underpowered i think, only around 80bhp but i'm not 100 percent on that, is there any reason your after a 3 door? i dont think theres much difference in the looks of the 3door vs the 5door although granted the 3door does look that bit tidier

like you said i just thought the 3dr was tidier. You wouldnt happen to know if you could get the 90bhp tdi remapped to 130bhp?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

like you said i just thought the 3dr was tidier. You wouldnt happen to know if you could get the 90bhp tdi remapped to 130bhp?

i'd say a remap to around 110bhp would be more realistic

then what gives the gt tdi 130 i thought its all the same tdi unit and they only change the ecu?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

then what gives the gt tdi 130 i thought its all the same tdi unit and they only change the ecu?
    The 90bhp and 110bhp units were different. The newer ones are the PD units and are 100, 130 and 150. The SDi is 68bhp.
    You can chip the 100 to 130. VW have a few changes on the 150 version, subtle but there anyway. Chipping your car voids insurance unless you tell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

The 90bhp is missing a variable geometry turbo charger, and all the models have different injectors, and probably a whole host of different bits. The later model PDs have dual mass flywheels too.

Biro wrote:
    The 90bhp and 110bhp units were different. The newer ones are the PD units and are 100, 130 and 150. The SDi is 68bhp.
    You can chip the 100 to 130. VW have a few changes on the 150 version, subtle but there anyway. Chipping your car voids insurance unless you tell them.

you know your stuff man:D you dont know what year the PD units start at? and are the changes mechcanical or bodywork?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

The PD engines came into the Passat in '01. They may have come to the Golf in late '01 but definately in '02. No changes to the body that I'm aware of, the Golf remained fairly the same through it's life in Mk4 guise. Engines very different to the previous ones, new high pressure unit injector system used.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yeah it was 2002 when the PD TDi units were introduced to the Golf/Bora range. They were available in 100bhp, 130bhp and 150bhp. The GT TDi was never offically sold in Ireland so chances are if your looking at one it was a UK import.

Advertisement