Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

post a favourite route

Options
  • 14-04-2007 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Hi,

new to this forum and new to anything but commuting in Dublin. Trying to figure out some nice routes around Dublin and beyond to try and learn to cycle 100km+. I wonder if the gmap pedometer site could be a useful tool to anyone?
    www.gmap-pedometer.com

You can put in a route and save it. Here for instance is the 50km roundabout-dont-know-where-i-am-going-route I went on today gmaps-route 859691

Perhaps those with favourite great cycling routes could post them on this thread for me and others?

love the forum!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

great idea flatface. I'm looking forward to seeing what people post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

What a brilliant tool, that pedometer thing is. The only thing (and I supposes its a big thing) is once you go outside of dublin it only gives main roads. For trips around cities its excellent. I too will keep an eye on this thread, Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭flatface

Thanks guys. I'd love to find a route that does not have falling apart cycle lanes up on the path. Its like trying to cycle on a pink crazy golf course. I got rid of that mountain bike for a reason...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

Going from one end of the bay to the other is a good distance, e.g., from Dun Laoighre to Malahide and back. It is around 65km if I remember correctly, through the east link.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Look at Bikey.com it has routes in Ireland. It uses Google Maps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement