Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone fireplaces

Options
  • 14-04-2007 8:50pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 120 ✭✭

Im looking for some websites showing me stone firepace designs. I have a corner fireplace and want to make a feature of the fireplace. All info appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 the brickie

try essex fireplaces, mostly brick but some wonderful shapes you might
    adapt to suit.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Have a gander at ours in my blog, see if u can pick ideas off it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 120 ✭✭ludermor

Cheers for that Lads, im hoping for a little bit of inspiration

Sorry for been a bit stupid but i can access your blog, if i click the blog icon under your name i get a blank page , what do i do?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Sorry lad, should have said click the link "The Joy of a self build"

• Advertisement

Yop,
    found that blog.....again
    Ventured into it last year from AAM, you done well.
    Fireplace looks great and was thinking bout doing it in lacken stone as well.
    One question i have for you, have you a mantlepiece on your fireplace?

I do yip, I got an oak beam from Coillte, I got a belt sander then and sanded the hell out of it, then I varnished it with 2 coats of eggshell varnish which brought out the grain on it very well.

I must get them photos for you.

ludermor wrote:
    Yop,
    found that blog.....again
    Ventured into it last year from AAM, you done well.
    Fireplace looks great and was thinking bout doing it in lacken stone as well.
    One question i have for you, have you a mantlepiece on your fireplace?

Sorry for delay, pics attached

Advertisement