Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Mahell

This has been wrecking my head for the last few months so hopefully someone will recognise the video I'm talking about.

Basically, it looked like a hand drawn animation. Ink on a kind of parchment or vellum and pretty grungey (as in the way it was animated, not the song).

It featured a lot of imagery of old men and each sequence in the animation would turn into something else, like an old man walking up a hill and the hills would turn into hands and a butterfly would shoot out! Maybe not exactly that, but like that. Things were constantly being erased and replaced with other images essentially.

It was all pretty much done as an ink line drawing with ink splotches in places.

No idea of the band name or the song title as it was years ago when I saw it but it only popped into my head again recently. Hopefully someone can figure it out from my poor description.

Cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Moved to Music Forum. To be Merged with "What's That Song" Thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭walshs3

Anyone know that tune advertising the champions league final , dramatic sort of a song , think it wasused in a guiness add a few years back...

Think this is the song off the rte ad or else ive the wrong ad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭Former Great

walshs3 wrote: »
    Think this is the song off the rte ad or else ive the wrong ad

Think thats it walsh , im a bit confused but fairly sure thats the one.. Was this re -released by someone else in 2000...
    Was this song in a guinness add ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Haven't seen the ad now tbh but any chance it could be this Rob Dougan song, I know it's been used in ads before but not sure about Guinness tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭Former Great

PaulieC wrote: »
    Haven't seen the ad now tbh but any chance it could be this Rob Dougan song, I know it's been used in ads before but not sure about Guinness tbh

Paulie its the song above the one you posted , well at least i think its the one im looking for...Im fairly sure this was re-realeased in 2000 and sounded even better, anyone know if im right...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Heard a song recently & I can only remember one line from it. It was something like "This is my laser beam" or "I'll show you my laser beam". After that line there was sounds like someone was shooting a laser beam.

Anyone have any idea what song that is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

can anyone help with this, saw a new helmanns ad on sky sports news, whats the backing song??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

anyone know the piece of music in the background for the Hospice Ireland ad played on Newstalks 106-108fm? It is a joyful piece of music and I have heard it on RTE documentaries before. Hopefully someone knows it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

hello. does anyone have any idea of the song/music being played in the most recent ad for tom dunnes show? its played on newstalk the whole time. very familiar but cant put my finger on it

so no one knows the answer to this? heard the ad again tonight on newstalk- it sounds like a Beck song

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭GopErthike

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Heard a song recently & I can only remember one line from it. It was something like "This is my laser beam" or "I'll show you my laser beam". After that line there was sounds like someone was shooting a laser beam.

Anyone have any idea what song that is?

Could it be 'lazerbeam' by Super Furry Animals? From Lovekraft?
    Great band, not their best song though.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭GopErthike

so no one knows the answer to this? heard the ad again tonight on newstalk- it sounds like a Beck song

I think that might be 'The New Pollution' by Beck. That's just off the top of my head, could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

GopErthike wrote: »
    Could it be 'lazerbeam' by Super Furry Animals? From Lovekraft?
    Great band, not their best song though.

Ya I think thats it alright, thanks.

teednab-el wrote: »
    anyone know the piece of music in the background for the Hospice Ireland ad played on Newstalks 106-108fm? It is a joyful/happy piece of music and I have heard it on RTE documentaries before. Hopefully someone knows it.

anyone know it?

trying for years to get the title/artist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 riseagains

Reply to "leathel bullet".
    hey there, yeah you are being vague but this link for youtube bellow should help you out.

The new accordian song is called stereo love by dj team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCcxiU7Yjyw

If it doesn't help you out try to give more info and i'll look into it for you, but i'm fairly certain this is it.

Happy hunting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 riseagains

reply to lethal bullet.
    Altough you've been vague I think the song you are looking for is
    Stereo Love by Dj Team
    this is the youtube link for the song.

Hope it's correct.

Does anyone know the name of the song beginning at 16:38 in this video,thanks in advance. http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1073468

anyone know the piece of music in the background for the Hospice Ireland ad played on Newstalks 106-108fm? It is a joyful/happy piece of music and I have heard it on RTE documentaries before. Hopefully someone knows it.

anyone know it?

trying for years to get the title/artist.

I found it after all.

Here is the piece of music I was trying to find. Its in the background of this youtube link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcSawqB836g

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭THEZAPPA

Hi, does anyone know the song in the ad for the new show celebrity sos ad? Its got a cool bass line at the start....just dont know the song!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Does anybody know what the song from the new[ish] o2 ad is? The vo on the ad says something about its going to be a long summer. I can't make out the lyrics of the song though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

<3 you scien

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

riseagains wrote: »
    reply to lethal bullet.
    Altough you've been vague I think the song you are looking for is
    Stereo Love by Dj Team
    this is the youtube link for the song.

Hope it's correct.

its by edward maya, not stereo team.

must just be a compilation link or something

walshs3 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the name of the song beginning at 16:38 in this video,thanks in advance. http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1073468
    Found my song after,twas unkle-heavy drug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Lads I hope I'm being clear enough but I'm looking for a song whose chorus goes something like

" . .cause everyday is just a . . "

Sounds like Pearl Jam, Soundgarden someone like that. Heard a snippet of it today and its been bugging me as to what it is.

Sorry if I'm not being clear enough but I hope you can help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Lads I hope I'm being clear enough but I'm looking for a song whose chorus goes something like

" . .cause everyday is just a . . "

Sounds like Pearl Jam, Soundgarden someone like that. Heard a snippet of it today and its been bugging me as to what it is.

Sorry if I'm not being clear enough but I hope you can help
    Nine Inch Nails - Every Day Is Exactly The Same......?

dunno, best I could find from the Googles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqXmaFPn604

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Moved to Music. To be merged into 'What's That Song?' Thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,017 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Now merged with 'What's That Song?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

got it. No Excuses by AIC. thanks though. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

heard this earlier dunno the name or anything of it but i think it might be irish... not sure though.

all i can remember is a woman singing (kinda like sinead o connor style)

ooh touch me.... relax in my arms .... or something like that.

cheers

Advertisement