Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Greyce

Thanks a mill, haven't been on this in awhile hence late reply but you made my day, goin to have a good listen now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 nelly198536

Anybody know the name of the song that RTE play during ads during world cup coverage?

Overall the ad last for about 15 secs with a green background that displays thr World Cup, GAA, Barcelona European Athletics championship and RTE logos.

It's quite a jazzy tune with a quick guitar line repeating a number of times - There's some clapping in it too but no singing.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 forureyesonly

abcddd wrote: »
    Does anyone know the song used in this ...

http://www.u.tv/UTVMediaPlayer/Default.aspx?vidid=131200

it's starts at 38 seconds in.

Thanks.

here ya go......choooon!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCp_3zw-CxA

• Registered Users Posts: 42 cake126

Aidric wrote: »
    Got an email from RTE today, two weeks after my request. Better late than never.

Aidric, you hero. Thanks man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

sorry if its been done, but any ideas what the song is on the advert for the new season of CSI (vegas).

lyrics and the melody sounds really familar, but dont think its the orignal, sounds like a striped down version, ie alot softer and very little instrumental.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Hlanaayes

Anyone know the name of the electro tune in the new Lucozade festival add? Someone on another forum said it was 'Stand by' from The Scratch perverts but I've listened to that, and that's not it. Anyone know?

It aint on youtube either.

Tx. in advance.

cool.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

irish-stew wrote: »
    sorry if its been done, but any ideas what the song is on the advert for the new season of CSI (vegas).

lyrics and the melody sounds really familar, but dont think its the orignal, sounds like a striped down version, ie alot softer and very little instrumental.

well it is a cover, original was modern love by bowie i think, typed the lyrics into google, "i catch the paperboy, things don't really change, i'm standing in the wind/rain", couldn't keep up after that, bowie was first result that came up.

any further ideas who done the version on the ad, its a female singer

****found it****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I heard a song theere today on one of my friend's ipod and I can't think of the name now, it's annoying me.
    It's Nickelback and it's a bit more rocky than what they'd usually play, I didn't believe it was them at first, I'd heard the song before so it'd be a bit well known.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Anybody know a song that goes bang bang bang/they don't make em like you anymore'? It was on tv but it had this big long title/artist thing of people featuring so I can't remember who it was :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,017 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Anybody know a song that goes bang bang bang/they don't make em like you anymore'? It was on tv but it had this big long title/artist thing of people featuring so I can't remember who it was :/
    Not near a speaker but a quick Google gave me this..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

basquille wrote: »
    Not near a speaker but a quick Google gave me this..

its a song with a female singer and its all dancey, thanks though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 silkcutmauve

there's an app called Shazaam to help figure these out. Just in case anyone hasn't heard of it = http://www.shazam.com/

don't know how well it works thougn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

Does anyone know the song that was on the oxygen ad, think it was the third song after fatboy slim?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

baz2009 wrote: »
    I heard a song theere today on one of my friend's ipod and I can't think of the name now, it's annoying me.
    It's Nickelback and it's a bit more rocky than what they'd usually play, I didn't believe it was them at first, I'd heard the song before so it'd be a bit well known.

Hero? From the Spiderman soundtrack:

Hero - Nickelback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 abcddd

Thanks forureyesonly

Zippitydoo wrote: »
    It's been asked already but still goes unanswered I think. Does anyone know the song in the RTE ad for the world cup? It's just a synthesized beat but very catchy.

i think that's the same song i was looking for -- The Chemical Brothers - "Swoon"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ak200193

lads was at oxegen at the weekend it was unreal. david guetta was unbelievable
    do any of ye no the name of this track? savage beat..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSOuhsHATtQ

i have no idea but thanks very much if any of ye can help...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 forureyesonly

ak200193 wrote: »
    lads was at oxegen at the weekend it was unreal. david guetta was unbelievable
    do any of ye no the name of this track? savage beat..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSOuhsHATtQ

i have no idea but thanks very much if any of ye can help...:D
    think its swedish house mafia - one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 noreenvaughan

Was just going to ask the same question. Just seen it now, it is a great snippet of music, with jarring minor chords. No lyrics, just a chant type thing. Anybody know the name of this tune? It is played quite frequently on RTE advertising "Private Practice" on RTE2.

Cheers in advance. :)

did u find out the name???/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

Scien wrote: »
    The Do - Stay a little more

Legend!!!!:D Thank you so much!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Hi guys, I was in Homebase today and heard this song. Just wondering if anybody can identify it for me.. I recorded a few seconds on the mobile phone but let me warn you it's REALLY bad quality... But if anyone could identify song or singer I would appreciate it..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

We've a sticky thread for this, see the "What's That Song" thread

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Dirty Frank

The information with the video cites Goran Bregovich but it doesn't sound like anything he's done and I can't find anything linking himto this ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Anyone know the name of the following song/piece of music from the movie Jerry Macguire?

The song I'm looking for starts at 1:45 and ends at 2:17.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭fluffyVW

The information with the video cites Goran Bregovich but it doesn't sound like anything he's done and I can't find anything linking himto this ad.

This is it

Goran Bregovich - Pit Bull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Anyone know the name of the following song/piece of music from the movie Jerry Macguire?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

I was dozing this morning while listening to the delightful Alison Curtis on Today fm when she played a very catchy song. I remember thinking "I'll find that later on youtube".
    Anyway, now I can't remember the song or indeed any of the lyrics - it may have had the word Whisper in there somewhere!
    Is there a playlist somewhere? or by some miracle was someone also listening and able to make sense of my very, very vague rememberings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

I was dozing this morning while listening to the delightful Alison Curtis on Today fm when she played a very catchy song. I remember thinking "I'll find that later on youtube".
    Anyway, now I can't remember the song or indeed any of the lyrics - it may have had the word Whisper in there somewhere!
    Is there a playlist somewhere? or by some miracle was someone also listening and able to make sense of my very, very vague rememberings?

Check the today FM website, sometimes they put up a playlist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

Thanks. They haven't, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Graeme1

Anyone know what the music is, on the csi promo ad on rte now???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Dirty Frank

fluffyVW wrote: »
    This is it

Goran Bregovich - Pit Bull

Thanks a million!

Advertisement