Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Graeme1

Thanks but that isn't it unfortunately...!!! It's a girl singing, whatever it is............?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭i like pie

hey just wondering if anyone knows the piece of music on the new ad for the Tudors on tv3? it's been wrecking my head all day:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Hi guys, I was in Homebase today and heard this song. Just wondering if anybody can identify it for me.. I recorded a few seconds on the mobile phone but let me warn you it's REALLY bad quality... But if anyone could identify song or singer I would appreciate it..

This sounded a little bit like Kylie Minogue's All The Lovers to my ears, but I don't know, you weren't kidding about the quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Hi guys, I was in Homebase today and heard this song. Just wondering if anybody can identify it for me.. I recorded a few seconds on the mobile phone but let me warn you it's REALLY bad quality... But if anyone could identify song or singer I would appreciate it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Kylie Minogue's All The Lovers[/url] to my ears, but I don't know, you weren't kidding about the quality.
    Justin Bieber - Baby ft. Ludacris

Hi guys, thanks for trying but Im afraid your both wrong.. Unfortunately the quality is bad, and the bit that I got is the middle eighth. The song is kind of by a kind of country chick I think (at the risk of putting everybody in the wrong direction), strongly acoustic guitar....

I'm gonna camp out in homebase tomorrow until they play the thing again... no better place to wait I spose.. get a few deck chairs and wait out the front of the place.. ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Hi guys, thanks for trying but Im afraid your both wrong.. Unfortunately the quality is bad, and the bit that I got is the middle eighth. The song is kind of by a kind of country chick I think (at the risk of putting everybody in the wrong direction), strongly acoustic guitar....

I'm gonna camp out in homebase tomorrow until they play the thing again... no better place to wait I spose.. get a few deck chairs and wait out the front of the place.. ;-)

Country girl you say....Taylor Swift - Love Story?

Country girl you say....Taylor Swift - Love Story?

No I went through all of Taylor's songs thinking it might be her, also Alison Krauss (as the voice is kinda similar). But you're on the right track.. Even if I could work out the lyric of the one sentence in it I could google it.. I think it's "baby please, I wont be ... ... " but I've googled that and doesnt turn up the right song..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,383 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

eire1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the song in the latest Nikon ad? Robbie williams is in the ad. Anyone?

It's Welcome Home by Radical Face. Great song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

Anyone know the instrumental tune on the current South Park disasters week promo running on Comedy Central at the moment? I'm not sure if it's one tune or two separate tunes at the start and end of the ad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭,mnb

About 6 years ago I had this song on CD somewhere. Called "Settle down". By and Irish singer songwriter, not well known with a non Dublin accent. I thought it was on Other Voices album but its not on any of the 3 volumes. Then thought it might be on "Even better than the real thing" album but its not on any of the 3 volumes of that. Part of the lyrics are "Wont you settle down..."
    Anyone know who artist is and what album its on. Please help.

Anybody know a song that goes bang bang bang/they don't make em like you anymore'? It was on tv but it had this big long title/artist thing of people featuring so I can't remember who it was :/

Mark Ronson and the Business International - Bang Bang Bang

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dr robotnic

Does anyone know a song with the lyrics "I don't want to stand still, i just want a freewill" I know it's in a radio and tv ad for something! Thanks

Does anyone know a song with the lyrics "I don't want to stand still, i just want a freewill" I know it's in a radio and tv ad for something! Thanks

Anyone have any idea what the music is, or who the female singer is, on the rte csi promo ad at the moment ?? Thanks, Graeme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Graeme1 wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea what the music is, or who the female singer is, on the rte csi promo ad at the moment ?? Thanks, Graeme

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67025848&postcount=3193

:) Thanks a million, mighty!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

Hiya lads.

I saw a music video on Mtv Rocks but I can't for the life of me remember the song or artist.

The video was a man and a woman who were travelling in a car from place to place having a good time. However at the of the video when the man is asleep in the car, the woman gets out and leaves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Does anyone know the song used in the currently showing MTV Summer Advert which has the presenters walking by a swimming pool, and only having their "modesty" hidden by MTV signs. It's a bit techno-ey and I'm nearly sure I've heard of it somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Does anyone know the name of the song towards the end of this trailer. From about 1:50 on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

Mad_Max wrote: »

Does anyone know the name of the song towards the end of this trailer. From about 1:50 on?

Invaders must die by the Prodigy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Invaders must die by the Prodigy?

Legend! Thanks a mill that was wrecking my head looking for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

Really hope someone can help.I've been hearing this song on the radio for the last while but i never got the name of it.Its a real catchy song.It spells something out in the song,I think it might be "secret" but I'm not too sure.

It goes " and it's s-e-c-r-e-t,don't tell me it's alright,don't tell me it's alright".

I'm not positive that they're the right words but it's something along the lines of that.I tried to google it but I didn't get anything useful back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

JohnnyQuid wrote: »
    Really hope someone can help.I've been hearing this song on the radio for the last while but i never got the name of it.Its a real catchy song.It spells something out in the song,I think it might be "secret" but I'm not too sure.

It goes " and it's s-e-c-r-e-t,don't tell me it's alright,don't tell me it's alright".

I'm not positive that they're the right words but it's something along the lines of that.I tried to google it but I didn't get anything useful back.

Here ya go! :)

While i'm on this thread, could someone please tell me what the music at the end of this clip is:

It starts around 3:30

Thank you!

Never knew who did this song until I shazamed it

• Registered Users Posts: 19 udonwannado

hi, anyone know the name of the song from an ad on rte that has loads of white horses running in a part of it, the words are something like we got the answer...... we got the.....
    Think the ad might be for some kind of beer or galway races or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

heard one there today and i can't get it out of my head and its a good one but i dunno what it is.

its very electro and its a guy singing and i can't really make out what he's singing (stupid sound system in B&Q) but its like "Trying to remember" "somethings gotta give" and then it kinda stops and its a beat " i just "someting""

it sounds very 80's or 90's Dance type

*lyrics may very well be wrong.

robbie_998 wrote: »
    heard one there today and i can't get it out of my head and its a good one but i dunno what it is.

its very electro and its a guy singing and i can't really make out what he's singing (stupid sound system in B&Q) but its like "Trying to remember" "somethings gotta give" and then it kinda stops and its a beat " i just "someting""

it sounds very 80's or 90's Dance type

*lyrics may very well be wrong.

Longshot but it has "somethings gotta give" so it immediately came to mind. There are a few different remixes of this song and it could have been a mash up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

yimrsg wrote: »

Longshot but it has "somethings gotta give" so it immediately came to mind. There are a few different remixes of this song and it could have been a mash up.

nope... cheers anyway

like i said... i couldn't hear it too well so the lyrics i gave there most likely will be wrong.

its a more 80's or 90's dance electro type song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement