Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

I'm trying to remember this song. The only thing I can remember is the music video is animated.. at the start some people are watching tv and at the end one of them leaves on a spaceship... I think it was made around late 90's early 2000's... I know it's kinda vague but does anybody know what video this is??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Does anyone know this song? It's an ad for some washing powder/fabric softener. The lyrics that play in the ad are:

On a day like today,
    There's nothing better, than a trip down to the river.

Googling the lyrics hasn't worked. The music has a summery feel to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭i like pie

zoom! wrote: »
    I'm trying to remember this song. The only thing I can remember is the music video is animated.. at the start some people are watching tv and at the end one of them leaves on a spaceship... I think it was made around late 90's early 2000's... I know it's kinda vague but does anybody know what video this is??

This is a random guess!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPdqO7odBYM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Does anybody know of a song with the lyrics "cause the Cowboys and Indians have changed". Now, I was was sure it dated from the 80s and was by an Irish artist. Yesterday I came across this by Roger Taylor of Queen (whom I am a big fan of) and I am sure I would remember this if it was the same song.

The name Gerry Cott keeps popping into my brain but I cant track this song down anywhere. This is the Roger Taylor song but its not the one I'm thinking of. Help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Does anybody know of a song with the lyrics "cause the Cowboys and Indians have changed". ....

Google says Gerry Cott of the Boomtown Rats had a solo single called Pioneers with those lyrics... Torrents of the song only online... nothing on youtube..

• Advertisement

Google says Gerry Cott of the Boomtown Rats had a solo single called Pioneers with those lyrics... Torrents of the song only online... nothing on youtube..

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Trying to think of a band actually. They are a latin jazz band that have been knocking around for the last few years. I've seen them once on Jools Holland about 3-4 years ago and I know I have some of their music on my PC at home, but for the life of me I cannot think of their name.
    Anybody fire any suggestions at me???

Trying to think of a band actually. They are a latin jazz band that have been knocking around for the last few years. I've seen them once on Jools Holland about 3-4 years ago and I know I have some of their music on my PC at home, but for the life of me I cannot think of their name.
    Anybody fire any suggestions at me???

Youre not thinking of Santana are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Home now, so panic over. I was thinking of the Gotan Project. Sorry, they are a Tango band allegedly, not a latin jazz band :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 g0ld3n3y3

Can any1 tel me the music in the background of this advert plz http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMx1tddI6oc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

zoom! wrote: »

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=212Hhtgq7qc&videos=dy0FNGIX5BA&playnext=2

Does anyone know the name of the song that starts at 28secs.I cant see anyone in comments saying the name of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭Crash Override

Ok this is an episode of Top Gear where Jezza is reviewing the Ascari a10.

I orginally had this posted earlier but it was then same review only the song was different. The video I'm about to link has a foreign person speaking over the English and the song in question is different however it's the one I want. When I saw this episode on T.V it had this song playing but the English review on youtube has The Prodigy's - Warning playing. I found this quite odd but anyway here's the video. The song starts at about 26 seconds then you can hear it kick in about 45 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyRgTmMCJe8

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Evo

I'm looking for artist/song name of a song by an Irish or UK female artist, I've watched it on youtube before and its played on Today FM often enough. All i remember from the video is a red hair girl lying on her back on like newspapers or LP sleeves.. its a slow love kind of song.. if anyone can figure it out from that :)

I took this in a club there a week back and i was wondering what the song is.I know the quality isnt great but the beat is very well known.

and also this one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Anyone know the song from the trailer for "A lot like love" on RTE2?:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I keep on hearing this dance tune from a couple of years back. It has a mellow bass line which is the commanding part of the song. The only lyrics is the same person voice synched a bunch of times singing. The beat eases but the bassline still continues on. "Teen poppers" is what I guess the band is saying, the lyrics element it is the same thing almost over and over

I don't know any more than that, sorry. You hear it on 96FM at around half 9 at night, when the host calls people. It is definitely one of the more mainstream dance songs.

Gillington wrote: »

Nice one,is there any chance you know the name of the first one,iv been playing my crappy 30sec vers of it a load and cant get it out of my head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Fol20 wrote: »
    Nice one,is there any chance you know the name of the first one,iv been playing my crappy 30sec vers of it a load and cant get it out of my head

I cant think of it whatsoever,I know I've heard it tho

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 messipup

My Missus is looking for a song she thinks it the killers.
    In the video theyre dressed in white suits. Brandon is wearing eyeliner and there standing in front of a large billboard. Thats all i have to go on i'm afraid.
    Any help much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

Eglinton wrote: »
    Anyone know the instrumental tune on the current South Park disasters week promo running on Comedy Central at the moment? I'm not sure if it's one tune or two separate tunes at the start and end of the ad.

Any takers on this one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

messipup wrote: »
    In the video theyre dressed in white suits. Brandon is wearing eyeliner and there standing in front of a large billboard. Thats all i have to go on i'm afraid.

This is the best I could think of

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭joulter

Blay wrote: »
    Anyone know the song from the trailer for "A lot like love" on RTE2?:o

"Every Little thing she does is magic" by The Police

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Evo wrote: »
    I'm looking for artist/song name of a song by an Irish or UK female artist, I've watched it on youtube before and its played on Today FM often enough. All i remember from the video is a red hair girl lying on her back on like newspapers or LP sleeves.. its a slow love kind of song.. if anyone can figure it out from that :)

is this it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

messipup wrote: »

Somebody Told Me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Anyone know the song by Pink and in the chorus it mainly just goes like 'tonight' but it's real dragged out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭i like pie

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Anyone know the song by Pink and in the chorus it mainly just goes like 'tonight' but it's real dragged out.

i think this is the one you are looking for, it's called "leave me alone (i'm lonely)"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7JCcHOnMyw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

i like pie wrote: »
    i think this is the one you are looking for, it's called "leave me alone (i'm lonely)"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7JCcHOnMyw

Cheers that's it. I thought it was only a recent song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

What does be the tune in this ad?

Advertisement