Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

the lyrics start out 'if i cut your arms and cut off your legs, would you love me anyway' or something like that.
    in the middle of the song it goes real thrashy and sounds a bit like metallica's fade to black then it goes back to the chunky riff.
    it might have been inspired by that movie 'boxing helena', i think he sings the name helena in the outro.
    People.. please remember a Google of a couple of words never hurt. Simply googling "if i cut your arms lyrics" gave me this!
    MISFITS LYRICS

"Helena"

If I cut off your arms and cut off you legs would you still love me anyway?
    If you're bound and you’re gagged, draped and displayed would you still love me anyway?
    Why don't you love me anyway?

If I cut off your arms and cut off you legs would you still love me anyway?
    If you're bound and you’re gagged, draped and displayed would you still love me anyway?

Cutting with a knife,
    Blood is spilling everywhere
    She will be my wife
    Secondary spine,
    Incisions must be accurate
    I know just what to do
    My hands are trembling I can't spare
    To slip up with this knife…

Her beauty so illogical
    The beast comes gliding in
    Hideous chameleon
    She's stripped down to her skin
    Dance to the burning flame
    Pleasure exhumes the pain
    The night bursts into flame…

Dance, Helena, Dance

Whoa…

If I cut off your arms and I cut off your legs would you still love me anyway?
    There's a spot on the floor where your limbs used to be
    And I close the door on my fantasies
    (Fantasies)
    (Fantasies)
    (Helena!)
    (Helena...!)

PS - that song sounds very cheery and upbeat! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

BaZmO* wrote:
    Anybody know the name of the song in this extremely funny and also quite scary video clip?

Sounds very much like Herb Alpert playing. Don't know the name of the tune.

**edit**
    Checked - it's 'Tijuana Taxi'.

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone knows the song for the current advert on E4 for their new programme....Skins

Its a girl singin and theres a bit of drummin and is very fast and upbeat

I've heard it in a few clubs, TV and radio recently but still havnt been able to figure it out :mad:

Theres a bit in it where she sings Owoow owwowoooooo ooouuuhhh

But dont know any of the ACTUAL lyrics

Any ideas anyone, i'm DESPERATE :eek: :eek:

Spyguy!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭kryan1

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone knows the song for the current advert on E4 for their new programme....Skins

Its a girl singin and theres a bit of drummin and is very fast and upbeat

I've heard it in a few clubs, TV and radio recently but still havnt been able to figure it out :mad:

Theres a bit in it where she sings Owoow owwowoooooo ooouuuhhh

But dont know any of the ACTUAL lyrics

Any ideas anyone, i'm DESPERATE :eek: :eek:

Spyguy!:p

standing in the way of control by the gossip, but the one on the advert is by soulwax

kryan1 wrote:
    standing in the way of control by the gossip, but the one on the advert is by soulwax

FANTASTIC!!

Thanks a million Kryan1 your a star! :D

Foooking BRILLIANT song!!

Spyguy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

spurious wrote:
    Sounds very much like Herb Alpert playing. Don't know the name of the tune.

**edit**
    Checked - it's 'Tijuana Taxi'.
    That's the one. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 spider155

The song is Cerys Matthews, 'Caught in the Middle' from her album Cockahoop....Drove me crazy for ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭afatbollix

looking for the song that was used in the aib add for the rider cup and is now used in a trailer for a filim out soon....

any ideas?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

anto-t wrote:
    looking for the song that was used in the aib add for the rider cup and is now used in a trailer for a filim out soon....

any ideas?

Soundtrack for "Requiem for a dream" by Clint Mansell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

here anyone know the name of the song thats in the Hyundai Tucson add thats running, I can't think of the lyrics but it's a kinda punk-ish song and theres a girl singing it, but shes ehh talk-singing if you know what I mean. Thanks.

• Advertisement

slipss wrote:
    here anyone know the name of the song thats in the Hyundai Tucson

'Vladimir's Blues' by Max Richter - from 'Blue Notebooks'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

hey all,, there is a really cool piece of music atthe start of young guns, which is repeated at the end in more detail. does any one know what it is.

also there is a piece of music repeated a few times during the second film if anyone knows?

What about the kinda dance-ish song making it rounds very often right now on the radio with:

"Whatcha gonna do with those stars in your eyes?"

Sounds like The Streets but thought i heard it was Junior Jack. Can't find it using lyrics on Google.

spurious wrote:
    Ahhhhhh... cheers for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

This is going to be incredibly vague - just before Christmas I was in Frankfurt and saw a music video, but didn't get the name of the band or the song. So, it's a German band, female singer, one guy (possibly the drummer) has long black hair and a beard, the video was in the style of a 1920's dance club. Please. Please help me. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Anybody know what the music was in Season 2 Episode 2 of The Shield, when Vic is burning Armadillos face on the stove? It sounds mexicanish ;)

DarkJager wrote:
    Anybody know what the music was in Season 2 Episode 2 of The Shield, when Vic is burning Armadillos face on the stove? It sounds mexicanish ;)

'Breakdown' by Tantric

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dZiE8Y56Sg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Nope it ain't that one. That song was used in the beginning of the next episodes montage but it wasn't used in the actual scene. The music I'm looking for is getting irritatingly hard to track down...

From another forum:
    Whitehouse - "Cuentan Que El"

You can get it here:http://www.last.fm/music/Whitehouse/_/Cuentan+Que+El

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

Ad on the box at the moment (I can't even remember what's been advertised) and the chorus goes "Say goodbyeee, say goodbyeee...."

It's got a bit of a shoe gazer vibe off it.

Anyone know it??

*The ad's for this year's Jameson Film Festival actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭scoot on

Ad on the box at the moment (I can't even remember what's been advertised) and the chorus goes "Say goodbyeee, say goodbyeee...."

It's got a bit of a shoe gazer vibe off it.

Anyone know it??

*The ad's for this year's Jameson Film Festival actually.

Looking for that one too.
    Sounds good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Hiya,

I'm looking for the name of an artist who sings a cover version of Justin Timberlake's "My Love". Its a nice guitar version, and apparently its only on FM104. They said you could find it on the website but I've looked and looked and I must be blind 'cause I can't find it anywhere.

Any ideas on the artist??

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

spurious wrote:

Ok, its kinda like that but its a guy that sings it. And its just him and guitar

But thanks for the help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭joxer05

hey just trying to find the name of this song, its driving me mad for the last week. these lyrics are only roughly correct afaik, " hey-aah *held for a while* don't forget where you're comin from". before anyone suggests (Snow)Hey-oh by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, its not it. Any help is greatly appriciated!

joxer05 wrote:
    hey just trying to find the name of this song, its driving me mad for the last week. these lyrics are only roughly correct afaik, " hey-aah *held for a while* don't forget where you're comin from". before anyone suggests (Snow)Hey-oh by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, its not it. Any help is greatly appriciated!

Joe Grushecky - 'Don't forget where you're coming from'?

Does the singer sound like he might have played with Springsteen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

bit of a long shot but does an one know the song thats used in the guinness brewhouse series ad?

bit of a long shot but does an one know the song thats used in the guinness brewhouse series ad?
    Answered about 3 times already in the thread:

The Shins - "New Slang"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Chillwithcian

The song used in the recent channel 4 promotion for some movie? man and a woman, really funky/upbeat?

Advertisement