Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gjordan38

not it but thanks for the help, funny enough just as i was replying to your post remembered what it was, Listen To The Music Lyrics - Doobie Brothers. Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭i like pie

anybody know a song that is new and says 'follow me' several times in the chorus?? it's a male singer, fast tempo song:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

You know that HTC ad with the remix of Sinnerman playing in the background? Well, I'm just wondering what that remix is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Colm! wrote: »
    You know that HTC ad with the remix of Sinnerman playing in the background? Well, I'm just wondering what that remix is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,006 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Alright this is an extremely difficult one. A few weeks ago the missus and myself were waiting for the 140 bus in Phibsborough. A young woman drove by with her stereo blaring and was playing some interesting music. I only heard it briefly but it sounded almost like folk/gypsy music with a very upbeat tempo.

Has there been any hit songs in the past month or so with a folk/gypsy chorus?

Yeah I know- it's a major longshot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Alright this is an extremely difficult one. A few weeks ago the missus and myself were waiting for the 140 bus in Phibsborough. A young woman drove by with her stereo blaring and was playing some interesting music. I only heard it briefly but it sounded almost like folk/gypsy music with a very upbeat tempo.

Similar longshot in return (although I think this is what you're after)

If not I've no clue.

Not a bad tune the first few times but starting to grate on me a little...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Mumford & Sons maybe? They're quite folksy and some of their songs are quite upbeat. 'Little Lion Man' maybe?
    Was it a girl or guy singing do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Anyone know the name of song in this trailer?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭strawberryb0y

Anyone know the name of the song in the closing montage on MNS?
    I think it's also on the ad for the all ireland semi final this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 pokingiris

if i am thinking of the same gaa ad it has no lyrics yeah? Its just an intro?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭strawberryb0y

pokingiris wrote: »
    if i am thinking of the same gaa ad it has no lyrics yeah? Its just an intro?

yup, thats the one, any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 pokingiris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6NFsjkL5lw

I think this is it. My all time favourite band, could have knocked me down with feather. Havent heard the ad in week or two but i think this is it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Not listening to the Coronas anyway. What a pile of absolute horse manure!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭cactus86

hi just wondering if some1 can help me. the video for the song is a guy in a hotel room & he's watching some footage on his camcorder, which is of his girlfriend i think. He ends up breaking up the furniture in the room....sorry if this isnt much help! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

There was a song played today on 2fm at 13:15 on that dukebox show on sundays. The songs contained sounds from a bass guitar. Class song anyone have an idea of a limited description? cheers

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

cactus86 wrote: »
    hi just wondering if some1 can help me. the video for the song is a guy in a hotel room & he's watching some footage on his camcorder, which is of his girlfriend i think. He ends up breaking up the furniture in the room....sorry if this isnt much help! :D

Muse - Hysteria?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jax2006

if anyone can help me with this it would be a great help.

its an instrumental song. very epic. bass driven song. mainly just bass and synths used. in the middle of the song it just cuts completely to piano. its maybe a 90's song, but def reckon it at least 10 years old.

heard it at tom duffys ciruis. this might not help but hey, cant hurt.........

very well known song.

please please please

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭cactus86

thats it, cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Emmsy

Anyone know the song on the MTV Pakistan appeal ad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 fitz501085

Seamu$ wrote: »
    Hi all, just wondering if anyone know the name of the song that is played during RTE's Champions League analysis, usually where they come back from a break and Billo goes through what's coming up on RTE Sport for the coming week? There are no words, it's just music...I think it's quite like something Keane would do but can't find it in any of their songs.

Unfortunately can't find an example of it on RTE's Media Player archive that would help. Any ideas?

Anyone Know what song this is ? Theres a piano in it and a male voice. Sounds like something keane or coldplay would sing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

fitz501085 wrote: »
    Anyone Know what song this is ? Theres a piano in it and a male voice. Sounds like something keane or coldplay would sing.
    Is it this?

Namlub wrote: »

no but its similar

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭tadgho

anyone know the name or artist of a piano song song dat was on an ad for paul mccloone on today fm there a few weeks ago?..i heard it on paul mccloone a couple of times too....think its ''gracial granger'' or something like that...????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Does anyone know the song to this ad it's ripping off? They obviously couldn't get the rights but just tried to do it themselves. I starts with bass like the ad.

This is the ad http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O91IcJWzDM&feature=related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 scottsullivan

Flecktarn wrote: »
    Does anyone know the song to this ad it's ripping off? They obviously couldn't get the rights but just tried to do it themselves. I starts with bass like the ad.

This is the ad http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O91IcJWzDM&feature=related

thats off the movie reservoir dogs if im not mistaken?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 scottsullivan

whats that song off the avatar special edition advert.
    no words in it but it sounds really cool, like classical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I've searched for it on google, and on this thread, but can't find an answer. What's the song that's on the o2 ad at the moment. I saw yer man singing on some festival the other day but forgot the name of the band and song! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

I've searched for it on google, and on this thread, but can't find an answer. What's the song that's on the o2 ad at the moment. I saw yer man singing on some festival the other day but forgot the name of the band and song! :rolleyes:

Which O2 ad? Sweet Disposition by The Temper Trap or Girlfriend by Phoenix. Or if you somehow managed to classify Florence Welch as "yer man", then it's Cosmic Love by Florence + The Machine. Those are the only three O2 ad songs I know right now...

Advertisement