Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Flecktarn wrote: »
    Does anyone know the song to this ad it's ripping off? They obviously couldn't get the rights but just tried to do it themselves. I starts with bass like the ad.

This is the ad http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O91IcJWzDM&feature=related

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

there was a song played this morning at 8.00am on 2fm. I think it was called American something didnt catch the end of it....Anyone know the song?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Yolanda Be Cool - We no speak Americano?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭hyungsup

Scien wrote: »

I was looking for this song for ages!!!
    The only clue I had was Whoo oo oo oo ooooo and I got mixed up when I was listening to Fader by Temper Trap!

Thanks a million!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Colm! wrote: »
    Which O2 ad? Sweet Disposition by The Temper Trap or Girlfriend by Phoenix. Or if you somehow managed to classify Florence Welch as "yer man", then it's Cosmic Love by Florence + The Machine. Those are the only three O2 ad songs I know right now...

Thank you! I was just wondering what the new song was for their radio ad, and that's it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

Does anyone know what the music is on the ad for "Seachtar na Cásca" on TG4? It's gorgeous, just instrumental. I tried the TG4 website and can't see anything about the music.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭padowado

I heard a Brian Kennedy song on radio today part of the chorus was "playing with my heart".......any one know
    the title of this song THANKS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

gjordan38 wrote: »
    Know this is a long shot but if anyone could help it would be appreciated. There is an ad playing at the moment which i think is for orange juice, its set in america and a radio DJ is speaking, at the end of the ad he says "its gonna be a great day". Trying to find the name of the song playing in the ad. Hope someone can help.

is this it??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29RvK7OI2Fg&feature=fvw

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Erica<3

I know this is a very long shot, but does anyone know the song and it kinda goes like 'so take my hand, we'll make a stand' and it sounds like the coronas in an indie or alternative type music??

And i don't even know where i heard it from??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Erica<3 wrote: »
    I know this is a very long shot, but does anyone know the song and it kinda goes like 'so take my hand, we'll make a stand' and it sounds like the coronas in an indie or alternative type music??

And i don't even know where i heard it from??:confused:

"Hand in hand we'll take a caravan... we're gonna stand up with pride... stand up, stand up"

Similar lyrics anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Danoute

Hi guys,
    I was wondering if you could help me on this one. What was the music (electronic) of Ireland V Andorra ads yesterday on RTE 2? I looked everywhere, it's driving me mad. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭GopErthike

jax2006 wrote: »
    if anyone can help me with this it would be a great help.

its an instrumental song. very epic. bass driven song. mainly just bass and synths used. in the middle of the song it just cuts completely to piano. its maybe a 90's song, but def reckon it at least 10 years old.

heard it at tom duffys ciruis. this might not help but hey, cant hurt.........

very well known song.

please please please

Long shot, Robert Myles "Children"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Okay this one is killing me, hopefully someone can help out. It's a song, I'm pretty sure it's recent, and it has lyrics something to do with a "messed-up painting".

Vague I know, but hopefully someone can help me out?

Edit: Never mind, found it. Take Back The City by Snow Patrol, the lyric I was thining of was "flawed work-of-art" (close enough :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 lazyravey

Hi guys I am a fan of soul music and I have been listening to a podcast called Champion Nerd by a DJ called Mr Thing I uploaded it from Doctor's Orders pod cast blogg. There is a song in the podcast which I absolutely love and I can in now way find out who it is. I have copied and pasted the lyrics a few times into google search engine and a few other sites. I will copy and paste a link below with the link to the podcast and the song starts at exactly 31 mins into the podcast I will leave a link to the podcast below but you will prob have to upload it two i tunes to get the time on it. Would really appreciate it if some could find ou who this is. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

http://www.thedoctorsorders.com/sounds.html
    lazyravey is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Song is in Fight Club, when they have to get some randomer to fight them, the song where he's hosing the priest? That defined little "doo-doo-doo-doo, doodoodoodoodoodoo!" thing. :o That's the best I can describe it as!

Anyone know what it is? Got it stuck in my head!

At least, I think it's at that scene... haven't seen it in awhile.. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

liah wrote: »
    Song is in Fight Club, when they have to get some randomer to fight them, the song where he's hosing the priest? That defined little "doo-doo-doo-doo, doodoodoodoodoodoo!" thing. :o That's the best I can describe it as!

It's called Let's Start A Fight, by The Chemical Brothers, but I can't seem to find it anywhere online :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

liah wrote: »

The Pixes, where is my mind?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnwwEG8UBMM&feature=fvst

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

What's the name of the tune that plays over the UK promo for the Discovery Channel programme "I shouldn't be alive" ? Some searching around just gives me the song used in the American promo. The one I'm talking about sounds like Dylan, faint singing sounds something like "tow the line...". There's a Nick Drake song by that name but it ain't it.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I can't find this song.:mad: Its a very relaxing seaside, fishing, sea-related song that came out in the 70's or 80's. It may have been used in a ad or actually made for an ad, i can't remember???

Its all instrumental, no singing. Mostly guitar music i think. A sort of wishy washy chill out theme.

Help!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I can't find this song.:mad: Its a very relaxing seaside, fishing, sea-related song that came out in the 70's or 80's. It may have been used in a ad or actually made for an ad, i can't remember???

Its all instrumental, no singing. Mostly guitar music i think. A sort of wishy washy chill out theme.

Not 'Albatross' by Fleetwood Mac by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Wertz wrote: »
    Not 'Albatross' by Fleetwood Mac by any chance?

You legend. Thats it.:)

Crikey im actually embarrassed?! Its a fleetwood mac song. Theres me thinking it was made for some old tv ad years ago.:(

Thanks.

Finally i can stop looking for it on you tube.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

Danoute wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I was wondering if you could help me on this one. What was the music (electronic) of Ireland V Andorra ads yesterday on RTE 2? I looked everywhere, it's driving me mad. Thanks
    Are you talking about that little guitar riff? I think that's just a little guitar riff recorded for the end of their sports shows and not part of an actual song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 AilishA.

Hey there was a song out AGES>>>>> ago and i think it was amy mac donald who sang it im not sure but it was somthing about big girls or something im really not sure !! i'd love if some one coud post me a link of it it came into my head recently and has been bugging me ever since!!
    thanks
    x.o.x.o

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Raspberries

Hi everyone,

I hope ye can help me with this! I've searched the thread already, hope this question hasn't been asked!

I'm looking for the piece of music used in loads of film trailers, it's quite orchestral, lots of strings. Starts of slowly.
    I'm sure you would all recognise it if you heard it, it's a piece that is used in action and period movies.

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭graceknowsstuff

AilishA. wrote: »
    Hey there was a song out AGES>>>>> ago and i think it was amy mac donald who sang it im not sure but it was somthing about big girls or something im really not sure !! i'd love if some one coud post me a link of it it came into my head recently and has been bugging me ever since!!
    thanks
    x.o.x.o

All I can think of is Mika's 'Big Girls (You Are Beautiful)'! But he is a man, so... And not that long ago...

http://youtu.be/yDSK91mUNLU

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Apologies for the lame attempt to describe this phoentically.
    There is this dance tune thats been around for a few years and its kinda similar to flat eric by Mr. Oizo. I heard it at the arcadia stage for the first time in ages at the picnic and i am dying to figure out what it is.

For the whole tune there is this oscillating " wong --- wong --- wong --- wong" sound as if a volume dial for a continuos low note is repeatedly been turned up and down.

In typical fashion this sounds speed up before a deep bassline and beat kicks in. And then drops back to normal speed. The beat isn't your typical dance beat, its kinda similar in rythym to "wheres your head at" by basement jaxx.

Azzido da Bass - Dooms Night

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭iceman7

i think the band was called marthas harbour,google it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭iceman7

yep got it tt was called marthas harbour and the band was called ,all about eve.....hope i helped

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

froggy_7 wrote: »
    I am going mental trying to find a short mp3 on the net: it's 5 simple notes very often used in 70's and 80's cartoons, when the baddie is about to arrive or when the good guys bump into the baddies! Very hard to describe here... it's full of suspense, scare, anticipation yet very funny.

Sorry for hard challenge here. :o

Ronon Collins recently played the theme from Dragnet and I immediately thought of this post. Came across the post about Dooms Night while I was looking for it. No idea if either posters are still around but hopefully they are.
    Apologies to Mods for dragging up old posts.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Hi everyone,

I hope ye can help me with this! I've searched the thread already, hope this question hasn't been asked!

I'm looking for the piece of music used in loads of film trailers, it's quite orchestral, lots of strings. Starts of slowly.
    I'm sure you would all recognise it if you heard it, it's a piece that is used in action and period movies.

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it! Thanks!
    Something like Ofortuna?

Advertisement