Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Near the end of the John Hume thing of Ireland's greatest. Begins at about 47:50.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Looking for the name of a song. The music video is of the singer where he returns to his old primary school to take part in their sports day. The guy is black and English but has a carribean accent. I think it's a sort of urban/hiphop song

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

Looking for the name of a song. The music video is of the singer where he returns to his old primary school to take part in their sports day. The guy is black and English but has a carribean accent. I think it's a sort of urban/hiphop song

Roots Manuva - Witness (1 Hope)

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Evo

anybody know the song used for advertising Eastbound and Down on FX over the last couple of weeks? Kind of a regge tune

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭djfitzerjnr

Torque wrote: »
    Does anybody know the names of any kinda dancey songs from the 1990s that has a ridiculously catchy piano in it? there is a woman singing a few repetitive lines in the song. this is all i can remember .
    It has been driving my mad the last week any help would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Anyone know the song thats on in the background of the 'Lie to me' ads on Sky One?
    Sounds kinda klaxons-y to me, been bugging me for ages!
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

revz wrote: »
    Anyone know the song thats on in the background of the 'Lie to me' ads on Sky One?
    Cheers

I know the add is prob diff to the song at the start at the show but at the start of the show the song is "brand new day" by Ryan Star, if that helps?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hoff1

did anyone hear the piano solo at the end of this programme on tg4 today "lasair: finsceal phaidi." if so what was it? thanks

• Advertisement

I know the add is prob diff to the song at the start at the show but at the start of the show the song is "brand new day" by Ryan Star, if that helps?

Nah that's not it, cheers anyway though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I heard a song on Phantom last night/this morning and it sounded very like The National, and I'm pretty sure the start of it was something about spiders?
    Really vague I know, but anyone got any clue as to what it might be?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭GopErthike

I heard a song on Phantom last night/this morning and it sounded very like The National, and I'm pretty sure the start of it was something about spiders?
    Really vague I know, but anyone got any clue as to what it might be?

'Terrible Love' by eh, The National.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

GopErthike wrote: »
    'Terrible Love' by eh, The National.

Cheers. I knew it was The National but couldn't figure out what song it was. All I could remember was the spiders bit, and typing spiders into youtube just gives you lots of spiders :)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭richy1

do you know this song. its not a dance version. sounds abit like an amy winehouse song added in, not really sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 dmc100

richy1 wrote: »
    do you know this song. its not a dance version. sounds abit like an amy winehouse song added in, not really sure.

Tony Fenton played it i think. Temper Trap and Marvin Gaye.

Not sure if this is the same version but one from YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5KkY__AmsI

revz wrote: »
    Cheers

Also heard the same song on the sky news advert for a program that I think it said Jeff Randall was doing? Really starting to annoy me now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭irishbuzz

Can anyone tell me what the song is from the the new Guinness, "This is rugby country" ad? It sounds like Sigur Ros but I don't know which song it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭R.Shackleford

Looking for a song that was on Mtv:2 about 7-8 years ago. i can only remember what the music video was like, which was a performace video in the woods at night and was also set around a house party. the lead singer was wearing a bright green t-shirt with a deer on it. it was popular at the time. it was an alternative rock sort of track, american band. i think the "college" my be part of the bands name.

Any info would be great. Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭irishbuzz

Scien wrote: »
    Not Sigur Ros (technically)...

Jonsi...

Wasn't a bad guess then. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

Does anyone know the name of the song that runs from 8:25 to 9:25 in this clip?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QuQZIjE-Z8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

There is a remix of the Mumford and Sons song, "The Cave" on the new Need for Speed: Hot Persuit ad on TV. Cant seem to find it online. Anyone know what its called?

Cheers
    G

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭strawberryb0y

Anyone know the name of the song on the current Ugly Betty adverts on E4?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

slipss wrote: »
    here anyone know the name of the song thats in the Hyundai Tucson add thats running, I can't think of the lyrics but it's a kinda punk-ish song and theres a girl singing it, but shes ehh talk-singing if you know what I mean. Thanks.
    Would like to know that one too, it's not what was suggested in the reply you got, nowhere near.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭bluestone

heard a song yesterday thats driving me nuts. tried googling the chorus but no joy

the chorus goes like this
    starting to change our view, together together together

anyone????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭SM01

Can anyone help me identify the piece of music used by the Klaxons as intro music on this clip? It's only ~30secs long and it becomes clearer after about 8 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuLsJZ14OAg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭David086

What was the song in I'm a Celebrity when they were doing Jenny Eclair's best bits when she was in the starbucks bushtucker trial?

Advertisement