Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭djfitzerjnr

anyone know the song, I think it's from the late 90's/early 00's. It sounds very Indie/Rock'n'Rolly-Poppy. uptempo song and the hook is when the lead singer sings "what a good place to be" in a deep voice. very vague I know but it was on Today FM at around 1am on Friday night aswell if that helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

anyone know the song, I think it's from the late 90's/early 00's. It sounds very Indie/Rock'n'Rolly-Poppy. uptempo song and the hook is when the lead singer sings "what a good place to be" in a deep voice. very vague I know but it was on Today FM at around 1am on Friday night aswell if that helps

Is this it? - Happy hour by the Housemartins

• Registered Users Posts: 46 JayJay10

Just wondering if anyone knows what that song off the new Coors Light ad is? ive searched the web for it but cant find anything what so ever its driving me mad!!!

The ad itself is the one where the barman is about to pour a pint and the beer runs out, then they hear a message from the radio saying that they cant make the delivery because the train is broke down or something so they all slide down the hill to drink at the train....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,018 ✭✭✭✭Basq

JayJay10,

Please use the 'Whats That Song' thread for those requests.

Your post has been moved there.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭djfitzerjnr

vektarman wrote: »
    Is this it? - Happy hour by the Housemartins

thats axactly it, cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭gimmebroadband

Mikosyko wrote: »
    Does anyone know who's sings "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" on the new Dunnes Stores xmas ad? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktCc9QPbU7w&feature=fvsr

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Evo

does anyone know the song used at the start of Champions League tonight when they were reviewing goals? sounded like MGMT or Hot Chip?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭legendal

Anyone know what the background music during a part of Diarmuid's Garden Designs tonight (Friday) was? It's at 1:15 in the clip below, I think it's by Villagers, if not it reminds me of Electric Picnic for some other reason!

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1086833

Any help appreciated :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

legendal wrote: »
    Anyone know what the background music during a part of Diarmuid's Garden Designs tonight (Friday) was? It's at 1:15 in the clip below, I think it's by Villagers, if not it reminds me of Electric Picnic for some other reason!

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1086833

Any help appreciated :)

It's M79 by Vampire Weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Jackmcg

SM01 wrote: »
    Can anyone help me identify the piece of music used by the Klaxons as intro music on this clip? It's only ~30secs long and it becomes clearer after about 8 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuLsJZ14OAg

Its from a piece called Rondo Venezia.. loadsa remixes i assume, but was made fairly popular from a bloody beetroots track called We Are From Venice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭legendal

It's M79 by Vampire Weekend

Really appreciate that, thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Can anyone tell me the song in the new 2FM ad with Hector and Ryan Turbidy?

Can anyone tell me the song in the new 2FM ad with Hector and Ryan Turbidy?

I was convinced it was Muse but it's Tempomanic by Bipolar Empire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Hi All

I have a couple of lines of a song going around in my head and have tried both Google and Youtube without success. I was wondering if anybody here would know the name of the song and maybe the artist.

What (I think) I remember of the lyrics go like
    2am in the morining and he hasn't found a friend, so on his way back home alone, tonight he'll do it again.

4 hot cups of coffee, light up another smoke, play a special request, tell them another joke. Hey there all night lovers, I hope everything's alright, there's a world of lonely people and daylight's not in sight

If anybody could help with this I would very much appreciate it.

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Really need help on this one guys.
    Have a short live intro to a song and it's drivin a friend crazy tryin to ID it...

See attached

Good karma points to anyone who solves it

Cheers

HB

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 537 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

B-Builder wrote: »
    Hi All

I have a couple of lines of a song going around in my head and have tried both Google and Youtube without success. I was wondering if anybody here would know the name of the song and maybe the artist.

What (I think) I remember of the lyrics go like

If anybody could help with this I would very much appreciate it.

M

Is that Beverley Craven - Promise me ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

dunno if this is new or not i really have no idea and its quite a nice song but the sound to it sounds like the video between 0:09 - 0:20 and 0:45 - 1:06 below except its a chick singing ! any ideas ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

TheKBizzle wrote: »
    Is that Beverley Craven - Promise me ??

Hi TheKBizzle

Thanks for the response and suggestion but unfortunately not. To the best of my recollection the song was sung by a male, and I think it was from around late 70's or early 80's.

The following lines are from the song
    2am in the morning and he hasn't found a friend, so on his way back home alone, tonight he'll do it again.

4 hot cups of coffee, light up another smoke, play a special request, tell them another joke. Hey there all night lovers, I hope everything's alright, there's a world of lonely people and daylight's not in sight

And I seem to remember that part that starts with "4 hot cups of coffee" being repeated 2 or 3 times in the song, so I reckon that this part is the chorus.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Mr Marston

Looking for the name of a song.

Its a female singer and the chorus goes something like "I like'd you better in your homemade tshirt". Heard it on the radio a couple of times the last couple of weeks and it was brilliant. Think I was listening to some "exclusively Irish" program the last time so the band is Irish believe....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the song is in this video from around 1m 10 to 1m 20, it sounds like the singer is saying "send me goodbye" or else "tell me goodbye"

• Advertisement

Mr Marston wrote: »
    Looking for the name of a song.

Its a female singer and the chorus goes something like "I like'd you better in your homemade tshirt". Heard it on the radio a couple of times the last couple of weeks and it was brilliant. Think I was listening to some "exclusively Irish" program the last time so the band is Irish believe....

The Naturist by Ham Sandwich.

LFC5Times wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the song is in this video from around 1m 10 to 1m 20, it sounds like the singer is saying "send me goodbye" or else "tell me goodbye"

That's The Way We Get By by Spoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

That's The Way We Get By by Spoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Bus77II

MTV used to play a music video in the early 90's. It was in German, a sort of ballad. A guy sitting at a piano with footage of boxers. And it was in black & white. That's all I remember.

I'm not holding out much hope for this one. Even Germans don't know what I'm on about. Just saw this thread and thought I'd try my luck. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Exoskeleton

Alright, during the World Cup (you never know, someone may have an epic memory), there was an advert for Spain vs. Chile shown on RTE Two. There was a drum and bass song (at least that's what it sounded like) playing over it. There were no vocals.. just a synth and generic dnb drumming.
    I heard it on ITV a couple of weeks back too (might have been for an England vs. France friendly)
    That's all I know.
    It's a long shot, but if someone finds out the name of the song I will be truly grateful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Alright, during the World Cup (you never know, someone may have an epic memory), there was an advert for Spain vs. Chile shown on RTE Two. There was a drum and bass song (at least that's what it sounded like) playing over it. There were no vocals.. just a synth and generic dnb drumming.
    I heard it on ITV a couple of weeks back too (might have been for an England vs. France friendly)
    That's all I know.
    It's a long shot, but if someone finds out the name of the song I will be truly grateful!

I remember them using Scribble by Underworld during the WC, don't know if that's the one you're thinking of though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Heard a song on the radio tonight that I liked. Tried googling some of the lyrics I could remember but no luck.

It's a man singing, it starts with the words "listen to the man, he has something important to say" and another few lines went something like this:

"Other people's children are as annoying as their pets
    The key to happiness is to lock your door
    And pay off all your debts"

Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

the only line i know , its stuck in my head its a recent enough song.

" and we go rocking with you oooooooooooooooo "

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Exoskeleton

Namlub wrote: »
    I remember them using Scribble by Underworld during the WC, don't know if that's the one you're thinking of though?

That's the one! And turns out there are some vocals.. thanks man!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

'you can climb a mountain
    we can jump in the sea
    we can make each other happy' etc

what is the song .. wrecking my head.. help

Advertisement