Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭ElasticMan

Anyone know this name of this song? Heard it on the radio probably about 2 years ago now and I've always been curious about what it is.

"As darkness falls on this quiet street,
    The only sound is the sound of your running feet."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭gimmebroadband

'you can climb a mountain
    we can jump in the sea
    we can make each other happy' etc

what is the song .. wrecking my head.. help

Jump into the fire by Harry Nilsson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QghwNqlCRE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

@ ytareh,
    long shot but it could be One Day Like This by Elbow.
    Dunno how to add a youtube video so here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NFV8dHrZYM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

THATS IT!Thanks man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

Google has failed me. Anyone know the name of the Jay-Z (I'm fairly certain it's Jay-Z) song with a sample that goes "And you just tag along, gee!" and that starts off "It's friday, nigga just got off work..."?

EDIT: I've ascertained the sample to be from 'I Don't Want to Make You Wait', by The Delfonics. Still no luck with regard to the rap track.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

Jump into the fire by Harry Nilsson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QghwNqlCRE

ah thats it- mucho gracias. i heard it somewhere last week and can't that bass bit at the start out of my head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Anyone know if this music that kicks in about 20seconds in is a song and if so the name? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭corcaighabu92

Hi lads, ye may think i am a complete fool for putting this up..I am looking for a song that id say has been out for years. I actually dont know the name of it but I think that in the song there was a bit about a guard. A large part of the song lyrics are "ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha"I know i mite sound stupid but if ye can give me any hints i would be grateful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭corcaighabu92

Thank you very much. You are a legend. Might get this for my father. Do any places sell this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭teekayd25

Recognise that from the old Lemsip ad :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Heard on Nova early this morning an oldie song with a great guitar riff and the singer(male) kept mentioning the word 'plastic' in the song. Seems to be 60's/70's song but leaning towards the 60's.

I've tried googling but to no avail. It seems to be a famous song of the era, any idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Maybe this???

No, thats not it. Its wrecking my head! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭basamin

is it status quo - pictures of matchstick men

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sarahpatton

It could be 'Plastic Man' by The Kinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

???

Edit: No thats not it....always thought those lyrics were plastic instead of matchstalk!

basamin wrote: »
    is it status quo - pictures of matchstick men

Thats it, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭buttercup20

Hi,

Does anyone know the music used in this episode on the 14th Dec 2010 when the Models were in Sydney? Its on the rte player and the music in question starts about the 40 min mark.

Thanks,

buttercup20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

Torque wrote: »
    Does anybody know the names of any kinda dancey songs from the 1990s that has a ridiculously catchy piano in it? there is a woman singing a few repetitive lines in the song. this is all i can remember .
    It has been driving my mad the last week any help would be great.

Mory Kante - Yeke Yeke

Wes - Alane

Lightforce - Join Me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

Hey guys really need to find out this song from the Top gear Botswana special. Before you ask Ive checked the finalgear fourms for the song ID but the TV episode appears to have a different track in this clip to the DVD version. Song is from 8.03 to 8.40 in the video. Thanks in advance!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Monkey09

So i was listening to FM104 this morning and heard a really great song!! It was a pop song. Started off slowly and then got more lively. The chorus contained the word ''this city''. There isn't very much i can say about it. I think it's a new song. Anyone any idea on what the song is called? I've thralled youtube but can't find it anywhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

Just a stab at it, it's not this is it?

or maybe this?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ginger Nut

"We built this city on Rock and Roll"??????????????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Hi,

Does anyone know the music used in this episode on the 14th Dec 2010 when the Models were in Sydney? Its on the rte player and the music in question starts about the 40 min mark.

Thanks,

buttercup20
    Intro by The xx :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 NvrPntsRnchr

Was this it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY_hkrQNAQo

Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭RC88

good chance it was that, or built this city on rock and roll not many songs with that chorus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭RC88

Was this it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY_hkrQNAQo

jinx, u owe me a coke

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Monkey09

marko93 wrote: »

Thanks Marco93, you got it!!

Great song...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭nimrodsson

I'm very scant on info. Its a song that was definitely in the UK top 40 during November (as it was on in the gym i got to a lot)... it has a very catchy chorus where the female vocalist's voice goes a little electronicy... and a snippet of the lyric is '...... cos i don't wanna miss this.....' There might be a rap/hip hop element to it beween the choruses. I thought the DJ said one day that the artist calls Jayz 'boss'... or was it Eminem... or i could have got that totally wrong. I have searched high and low to try and get more info.. i listened to snippets of the uk top 40 in a youtube clip etc.... I'm sorry i don't have any more info.. but if it rings a bell with someone please let me know!

Advertisement