Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

LoveGreen wrote: »
    I was in River Island last friday and they were playing a song with 'mexico' in the chorus. I know that is almost nothing to work with but it might spark off with someone ... :)

thanks

Mexico by Mundy?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 LoveGreen

thanks for the reply tickle_me_elmo,

Sorry I should of said its not Mundy, incubus, jefferson airplane, cake, Toby Keith or James Taylor. I dont think the song is called mexico but it is repeated a few times in it.
    I cant really remember much about it, I assumed it was relatively new since I never heard it before but I guess alot of the music River Island play is not the kind you hear often on the radio? I don't go there too often either

LoveGreen wrote: »
    thanks for the reply tickle_me_elmo,

Sorry I should of said its not Mundy, incubus, jefferson airplane, cake, Toby Keith or James Taylor. I dont think the song is called mexico but it is repeated a few times in it.
    I cant really remember much about it, I assumed it was relatively new since I never heard it before but I guess alot of the music River Island play is not the kind you hear often on the radio? I don't go there too often either

Male or female? Dancy, poppy, rocky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Whats the name of this song in the background?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O50t2cziIMc

Glenman wrote: »
    Whats the name of this song in the background?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O50t2cziIMc

Jump by Van Halen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 R1zbear

i think the one in john tucker must die is the real version im listening to it now and i thnik its cheap trick.thanks for the help people
    I also think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Guys i heard a song on the radio the other day and i think the woman said it was by Buffalo Springfield so I went through the songs I could find on youtube and I couldnt find it.

It was done on acoustic guitar, with a tiny bit of electric n one part and also some banjo in there. there were also some vocal harmonies in parts and a constant gallopy drum beat.

I cant remember the lyrics but I think they were something about an old man??

Any help appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭CDH

NoQuarter wrote: »
    Guys i heard a song on the radio the other day and i think the woman said it was by Buffalo Springfield so I went through the songs I could find on youtube and I couldnt find it.

It was done on acoustic guitar, with a tiny bit of electric n one part and also some banjo in there. there were also some vocal harmonies in parts and a constant gallopy drum beat.

I cant remember the lyrics but I think they were something about an old man??

Any help appreciated!

Old man - Neil Young?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Thats the one!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 carolannephil

Hi, anyone know the song used at end credits for tonights 'this sporting life' featuring Michael Caruths....Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 sainttrap

I wonder can anyone help me with this one?? It was a song that I heard on Ray Darcy's show about 4-5 years ago. They were an Irish band maybe with "Family" in their name and the chorus went something like " but my luck is about to change"??

Hi, anyone know the song used at end credits for tonights 'this sporting life' featuring Michael Caruths....Thanks

Eyes by Rogue Wave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Dunno how i thought of this but anyway.Song a good few years ago became famous enough for some ad.The first like 15-30 seconds of it were good and was featured in the ad but the rest of the song just turned into a pile of poo..Anyone know what im on about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Soby wrote: »
    Dunno how i thought of this but anyway.Song a good few years ago became famous enough for some ad.The first like 15-30 seconds of it were good and was featured in the ad but the rest of the song just turned into a pile of poo..Anyone know what im on about?

Babylon Zoo - Spaceman most likely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

sainttrap wrote: »
    I wonder can anyone help me with this one?? It was a song that I heard on Ray Darcy's show about 4-5 years ago. They were an Irish band maybe with "Family" in their name and the chorus went something like " but my luck is about to change"??

Any chance it was The Lighthouse Family - Lifted?

EDIT:Nope didn'y work... gotta do more research :(

(really hoping the youtube link works, first timer lol)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Final go at posting this... research done ... fingerscrossed :o

Total success!! lolololol happy day

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sainttrap

eskimocat wrote: »
    Any chance it was The Lighthouse Family - Lifted?

EDIT:Nope didn'y work... gotta do more research :(

(really hoping the youtube link works, first timer lol)

Cheers for the effort but no thats not it. Some Ray Darcy Show fanatic out there is my best shot of solving this I d say..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Hopefully ok to post this here....possible wild goose chase. Looking for the name of a sonic youth that had a pulsing electronic beat behind it (not typical for them, I know) if my memory serves me correctly. I imagine this song is pre 2004.

Thanks in advance for any help guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Orichalcum93

Anyone know the name of the song that's played in BFBC 2 Vietnam?? The one played in the title screen it goes like "it ain't me, it aiiiiiiiiiin't me!" :p thanks for help

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭joulter

Anyone know the name of the song that's played in BFBC 2 Vietnam?? The one played in the title screen it goes like "it ain't me, it aiiiiiiiiiin't me!" :p thanks for help

at a guess i'd say it's bob dylan "it ain't me babe"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Orichalcum93

joulter wrote: »
    at a guess i'd say it's bob dylan "it ain't me babe"

Cool thanks man

beherenow wrote: »

Any ideas of the backing music in this Iphone4 ad??

To me it sounds like a knock off of Dog Days Are Over by Florence & The Machine. Every time I see that add I expect Florence to start singing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭Bryan4president

beherenow wrote: »

Any ideas of the backing music in this Iphone4 ad??

I think this is what your looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 carolannephil

thanks for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Guy theres a new advert for this on sky and im on a quest to find out what the song in the background is. Its the ad for Sky1 HD and it start by one of the cast saying I Love You and scenes of others putting on war paint by a swimming pool. The song is acoustic and slow with a male singer with a deep voice.

If anyone knows id really appreciate it as its taking over my life to find this song.

(PS - Its not the summertime song)

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

I'm looking for the name of the instumental song that starts at 21.40 of this video. Its in loads of tv ads too I just cant remember which ones

welchy wrote: »
    I'm looking for the name of the instumental song that starts at 21.40 of this video. Its in loads of tv ads too I just cant remember which ones

Hoppípolla by Sigur Rós

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 stepencoghlan

I need the name of this song used in a heineken ad years ago...The ad shows a guy being deported back to cuba and i think the song playing in the background is a buena vista social club track but i dont know which track..Anyone know?..Its a great ad and a brilliant tune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y1EbmwOUjI

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

Hoppípolla by Sigur Rós

Cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Anyone know who's performing the Joy Division's 'Love Will Tear Us Apart' in Sky 1 ads for Martina Cole's The Runaway?

Clip here

Advertisement