Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭SilverSparkle

Does anybody know what the song is on the Current RTE 2 that shows the shows coming this March... Best of U.S. Drama and the best of sport?

Don't have a clip I'm afraid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Hey folks, hoping someone can save my own, and a few work colleagues, sanity.

Trying to remember the name and artist from a poppy dance song from the late 90's (thinking around 98). Was sang by a black guy in another language (sounded like an african one), quite high nasal voice. Was all over the radio for a good while, big summer hit around that time. The video was largely just him with his arms out in lots of sunny happy places (like green fields etc), generally basking in the warm happiness. Was a very catchy, upbeat song.

I've been looking through the top 100 dance tracks for the years around then, but not spotting it unfortunately, and google searches aren't providing me with anything either.

Help!

..please?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 536 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCevP9DJtIY

Alane by Wes I think Rebel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

TheKBizzle wrote: »

Thank you so much! There's much rejoicing here anyway. I think you've actually saved the company a nice chunk of money as people can get back to doing something other than trawling through the internet for this!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 536 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

I only knew it because I nearly pulled my hair out before looking for it when it got stuck in my head one day

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

OK, this is a very long shot.
    But on FX, theirs an advert for a program called "The Listener". The song thats playing with it is what Im after! Cant find anything on youtube :( Sounds like a really good song too!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Yakult wrote: »
    OK, this is a very long shot.
    But on FX, theirs an advert for a program called "The Listener". The song thats playing with it is what Im after! Cant find anything on youtube :( Sounds like a really good song too!

I saw an ad for it the other day and there was some sort of dub steppy remix of Rabbit Heart by Florence and The Machine on it. Don't know if that's the one you're looking for.

This one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Anyone know who's performing the Joy Division's 'Love Will Tear Us Apart' in Sky 1 ads for Martina Cole's The Runaway?

Clip here

I also want to know who sings this. Anyone??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Make that 3 of us.

Anyone know who's performing the Joy Division's 'Love Will Tear Us Apart' in Sky 1 ads for Martina Cole's The Runaway?

Clip here

This is very close to it - could it be a remix of this ?

• Advertisement

This is very close to it - could it be a remix of this ?

Yeah came across that one but I don't think that's it.

I'm looking everywhere for it, I even ended up emailing the Ray Darcy Show!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

A bit of detective work found this

http://www.facebook.com/Sky1HD

Sky 1 HD Hi Mark, it's by Charlotte Kelly (of Soul2Soul fame). Hope that helps!

Thanks a million for that !

Doesn't seem to have ever been released though :(

All we need now is a download link.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭easy peasy

Hi, i was wondering if anyone would know the name of a piece of music that rte use while going to advertisements during champions league football. its a powerful bit of music with what sounds like trumpets. any help would be much appreciated. cheers

easy peasy wrote: »
    Hi, i was wondering if anyone would know the name of a piece of music that rte use while going to advertisements during champions league football. its a powerful bit of music with what sounds like trumpets. any help would be much appreciated. cheers

This one?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭easy peasy

It isn't boxfresh, its music that i think they have only started using this season. but thanks very much for trying!

Clip here
    Make that 3 of us.
    gustavo wrote: »
    A bit of detective work found this

http://www.facebook.com/Sky1HD

Sky 1 HD Hi Mark, it's by Charlotte Kelly (of Soul2Soul fame). Hope that helps!

Sky 1 HD - Sky commissioned Charlotte to record the piece and at present there are no plans to make it available commercially. Sorry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

Anybody know the music from the Opel - Wir Leben Autos ad? I fear it may be a commissioned piece but I hope not because it's so beautiful :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Kaneda_

Does anyone know the song on the o2 add from the radio? I really have no leads on it at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

Kaneda_ wrote: »
    Does anyone know the song on the o2 add from the radio? I really have no leads on it at all!

which ad? o2 have quite a large advertising campaign...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Kaneda_

KylieWyley wrote: »
    which ad? o2 have quite a large advertising campaign...

The Radio, ive heard it twice , i cant describe the song to save my life im afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭walshs3

Am looking for some help in finding a name of a song currently on more4. Its an ad for "U.S. drama on more4" for "The Big C", "The Good Wife" and "Brothers and Sisters"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

RopeDrink wrote: »
    On girlfriends request:

"A song popped into my head and I can't think of what it is or who sings it. The words are something like "Let go, let go, don't give up, you'll get what you're waiting for" then there's a bit that's like "Cause there's beauty in the..." don't know what the next word is..."

Frou Frou - Let Go. Best known from the movie Garden State.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Plambey

KylieWyley wrote: »
    Anybody know the music from the Opel - Wir Leben Autos ad? I fear it may be a commissioned piece but I hope not because it's so beautiful :)

its False King by Two Steps from Hell, a lovely song. they're the same production company who did the song for the Sunday Tribune and their music is also used in some movie trailers at the moment including Priests

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Great song actually, I'd forgotten all about it.

I love this thread for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Can someone tell me the song at 6 minute mark here please? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Jigga wrote: »
    Can someone tell me the song at 6 minute mark here please? Thanks

Its Cold Water Music, by Aim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48e-FbvQzbM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

OK on the BBC they're advertising the Formula One starting and it shows the date 27.03.11 on a grey backdrop.

Anywho it starts with a bassline on its own and eventually a guitar builds itself up. I've definitely heard it before and I'm 100% sure that RTE have used it to advertise motorsport as well, any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭teekayd25

Flecktarn wrote: »
    OK on the BBC they're advertising the Formula One starting and it shows the date 27.03.11 on a grey backdrop.

Anywho it starts with a bassline on its own and eventually a guitar builds itself up. I've definitely heard it before and I'm 100% sure that RTE have used it to advertise motorsport as well, any ideas?

Sounds like "The Chain" by Fleetwood Mac - BBC have been using that with their Formula 1 coverage for a long time

(familiar part starts about 3 minutes in)

Advertisement