Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,105 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

32_4_1 wrote: »
    i was listening to nova two days ago. a song came on and in the lyrics the band was singing "shine on" alot. someone said it might be primal scream but i dont think it was and its nothing like the kooks song shine on

Might have been 'Shine On' by The House Of Love

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

i was listening to nova two days ago. a song came on and in the lyrics the band was singing "shine on" alot. someone said it might be primal scream but i dont think it was and its nothing like the kooks song shine on

This???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I need some serious help with a song. It was used maybe 3/4 years ago * (that's very rough guessing btw) on an RTE 2 advert to promote some tv shows. It's not the one with Intervention by Arcade Fire. It sounded kinda like Johnny Cash, and I think it had something about a highwayman. Googled it, but couldnt find it. Please help! :(

Either of these???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭32_4_1

Might have been 'Shine On' by The House Of Love

i just gave that one a listen and its not the one. but it is a real good song aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭32_4_1

cambo2008 wrote: »

This???

no that doesnt seem to be the one either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

No, I'm afraid not. It's got a neat little guitar hook - almost Nine In Nail-ish, I think? - and ends with the image of the throne with wings superimposed.

Can't even find the same ad on youtube, funny enough.

EDIT: Although it is on Sky Atlantic's own website, duh Jill.

http://skyatlantic.sky.com/game-of-thrones/game-of-thrones-new-trailer

bumpin this, I'm looking for this too

Game of Thrones: Thronecast from Sky Atlantic HD Hi Davis - the producers of that promo tell me that the music they used is a library track called "Win or Die" by Extream Music (I don't think it's available for sale commercially, unfortunately).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Anybody know what the song is in that vodafone ad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Not sure which Vodafone ad you mean, but I've heard The National's Terrible Love is featuring on a recent one, so it might be that?

bluewolf wrote: »
    Game of Thrones: Thronecast from Sky Atlantic HD Hi Davis - the producers of that promo tell me that the music they used is a library track called "Win or Die" by Extream Music (I don't think it's available for sale commercially, unfortunately).

Much obliged all the same, thank you very much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭baker59

Anybody know what the song is in that vodafone ad?

Terrible Love - The National
    *edit* Sorry-repost, didn't see the big unmissable post just above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

Any one know the song being played on RTE during the current Cougar Town advert?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

Hey there everyone, is there any chance someone could Identify the piece of music in this Ad? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Anybody know the name of the song used in the new Vodafone ad?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Jedwardian

Terrible Love by The National

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUhpzyun8SE

Great song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 timeforheroes

cambo2008 wrote: »

Either of these???

Thanks for looking, but neither o them I'm afraid. :( Thinkin oit there, I reckon it was older Cash, maybe American Recordings era?

I need some serious help with a song. It was used maybe 3/4 years ago * (that's very rough guessing btw) on an RTE 2 advert to promote some tv shows. It's not the one with Intervention by Arcade Fire. It sounded kinda like Johnny Cash, and I think it had something about a highwayman. Googled it, but couldnt find it. Please help! :(

Highway is making me think springsteen 'wreck on the highway' but i dont remember that being on a tv ad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

Found it!

joulter wrote: »
    looking for a song i heard yesterday. Kind of mid 90s downtempo/trip hop with a string section,female vocals sounds a bit like bjork

Um Sneeker pimps or Portishead would be my first thought but Emiliana torrini comes to mind also similar to bjork and trip hop(y) she did a song for LOTR - quite a lot of strings in that.

enviro wrote: »
    The song is being used for the cougar town advert on Living TV also, anyone?

Is it this ad?

that ad is this song it's godawful but itch scratched if it's right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Don't know if anyone's been looking for it, or if it's on here already, but I kinda like this tune from the amazon kindle ad. Move the slider to 1:27.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭Bryan4president

Is it this by any chance, Johnny Cash sings in it about 2 minutes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

New Budweiser ad? I recognise the song from another ad but still don't know the name of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 LenaLena

I'm trying to find the name of an artist so I can buy some of their music and I'm really hoping that someone here can help me name them with the (limited) information I have!

Here it is -
    It's a female artist and she's American, in maybe her 20s or 30s.
    She's got a quite sweet voice, and the music is slightly folky, but has very dark content.
    She's got a song about a family after the tsunami in Thailand and other stuff covers her background of depression and horrible things happening to her - so the lyrics are a dark, but the music is really light and sweet - you could imagine children liking it.

She sings by herself with a guitar. There might be some accompanyment, but she's a solo artist.
    She has a few albums out - the inside cover of one has lots of photos of her and her friends on the inside.

And that's all I can remember :/
    An ex-boyfriend played her a couple of times, and I meant to take more details, but we broke up in the meantime!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 LenaLena

Hah! Just found her - Kimya Dawson...

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭juansheet

Hi All

Heard a song tonight played at the end of the sky sports coverage of Man U vs Newcastle. Lyrics included "I am a rabbit in your headlights like the early morning headline". Sounded a bit like one night only

Really wrecking my head!

Any info would be great

Juansheet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

juansheet wrote: »
    Hi All

Heard a song tonight played at the end of the sky sports coverage of Man U vs Newcastle. Lyrics included "I am a rabbit in your headlights like the early morning headline". Sounded a bit like one night only

Really wrecking my head!

Any info would be great

Juansheet

Radiohead - Rabbit In Your Spotlights?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭juansheet

curry-muff wrote: »
    Radiohead - Rabbit In Your Spotlights?

Thanks for your reply

No it wasn't. This was fast paced pop rock kinda tune. Very catchy

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭shergar22

on RTE tonight they had a trailer for The Cider House Rules with haunting music playing over it. Don't think it was from the soundtrack. It also appeared on a video game advert about 12 months ago, Call of Duty or something like it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭David086

shergar22 wrote: »
    on RTE tonight they had a trailer for The Cider House Rules with haunting music playing over it. Don't think it was from the soundtrack. It also appeared on a video game advert about 12 months ago, Call of Duty or something like it

DeVotchKa - How It Ends

Advertisement