Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

32_4_1 wrote: »
    i was listening to nova two days ago. a song came on and in the lyrics the band was singing "shine on" alot. someone said it might be primal scream but i dont think it was and its nothing like the kooks song shine on

Think the song you're after is Fountains of Wayne - Radiation Vibe. From their self titled debut album.
    Can't post a video but I'm sure you'll find it handy enough :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 carolannephil

David086 wrote: »
    DeVotchKa - How It Ends
    was also in Little Miss Sunshine

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭easy peasy

I was wondering does anyone know what the piece of music that starts at 0.20 seconds is?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭shamtastic

curry-muff wrote: »
    New Budweiser ad? I recognise the song from another ad but still don't know the name of it.

Think you're on about 'You! Me! Dancing!' by Los Campesinos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭bushykangaroo

Can anyone tell me the name of the song on the radio these days thats sort of like a rap song with a woman singing it,,, i cant remember many of the lyrics but it names a load of famous people, 1 of which is al pacino.

I searched through the current chart list and cant see it.
    http://www.metrolyrics.com/charts.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

I saw a music video about year ago, and I can't remember any details of the name or anything.

The singer was a young black guy,the video took place on a plane. In the course of the video he left the plane in mid-flight, and was walking around on clouds and stuff. His ex-girlfriend was an air traffic controller and sent bad weather and stuff to hassle him. It was a pretty great video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭Dangerdunf

Hi All,

Anyone know what song played for Dev's part 5 on Soccer am last Saturday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Here's a hard one and one I've been trying to find the answer to for years. What is the song thats playing Ghostbusters when they're driving across the bridge, just before Winston starts talking to Ray about biblical prophecy? Its such a funky tune. It starts at 1.16 in this video, anyone know what it is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Hi all!

Anyone know the name of the tune they use on RTE racing when showing the parades before the big race?

Thanks in advance if anyone can identify it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Here's a hard one and one I've been trying to find the answer to for years. What is the song thats playing Ghostbusters when they're driving across the bridge, just before Winston starts talking to Ray about biblical prophecy? Its such a funky tune. It starts at 1.16 in this video, anyone know what it is?

The dead have been rising - Elmer Bernstein

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Can anyone tell me the name of the song on the radio these days thats sort of like a rap song with a woman singing it,,, i cant remember many of the lyrics but it names a load of famous people, 1 of which is al pacino.

I searched through the current chart list and cant see it.
    http://www.metrolyrics.com/charts.html

this it?

which samples this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Slydice wrote: »
    I've heard a song in a supermarket and I'm trying to find name of it.

There's a woman/girl singing in a Foreign Language but I'm pretty sure she only sings a chorus as i remember it being mainly maybe a club music song.

all I can vaguely remember is the lyrics being something like:
    "weeeee del um del ai"

and then the next line being something similar like:
    "ceeeeee del um del ai"
    or maybe it was:
    "oh del um del ai"

It didn't sound particularly spanish but I'm not sure. Given the words are so vague in my head.

I tried humming into midomi.com but not luck.

It doesn't have that usual drum beat that is in most dance music songs (the kind you can jump/exercise easily to) from what I remember.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Would this be it? The vocal is in Spanish and starts @2.25secs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭homerjk

Hi all, would really appreciate some help with this!

Looking for a song, I've heard it a few times on the soundtrack for different movies (I swore it was on in Sleepers but it doesnt seem to be on that list)

Its an old song, possibly 50's or 60's and is sung by a few men in a harmony (like the drifters or someone like that)

lyrics are something like
    "our love sha wop sha wop wop, is a special kind of love sha wop sha wop"

Its driving me crazy because ive heard it so many times

Any help appreciated!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

homerjk wrote: »
    Hi all, would really appreciate some help with this!

Looking for a song, I've heard it a few times on the soundtrack for different movies (I swore it was on in Sleepers but it doesnt seem to be on that list)

Its an old song, possibly 50's or 60's and is sung by a few men in a harmony (like the drifters or someone like that)

lyrics are something like
    "our love sha wop sha wop wop, is a special kind of love sha wop sha wop"

Its driving me crazy because ive heard it so many times

Any help appreciated!!
    THIS IT?

YOU POSSIBLY HEARD IT HEAR-

OH AND HERE'S IT BEEN SAMPLED BY THE FUGEES

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Need help.. been bugging me all day.. not my usual style of music, but I heard it earlier on a program as background music..

Its a recent hit.. US black singer (big guy iirc).. the video is filmed in a diner in the US..
    Its kinda a poppy soul song .. Somewhat similar to a mix of northern soul and the Paulo Nutini (sp?) guy...

It was a big hit here and in the US within the last 6 months or so i am thinking..

Help :)

NM.. found it.. Cee Lo Green - F**k You :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭homerjk

Rud wrote: »
    THIS IT?

You Sir, are an absolute legend. Thats the movie scene I was thinking of too!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 UBd

Would this be it? The vocal is in Spanish and starts @2.25secs

Might possibly be the new Jenifer Lopez song that uses words or a portion of the Lambada?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 UBd

UBd wrote: »
    Might possibly be the new Jenifer Lopez song that uses words or a portion of the Lambada?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4H_Zoh7G5A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 edisonmax

hi i am trying to find out the name of the song in this youtube video. Its a Uilleann pipes solo and it starts at 08:08

Sorry cant get it to embed properly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxrBkiiD6E4

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Glasgow Megasnake

Hi guys, does anybody know what the post-rock type instrumental music playing during the ad for The Pacific on Sky Atlantic is? Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

That isn't the song

Play it for longer than 24 seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

Whats the intro song playing on the radio from 0.12- 0.24

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

What's the music at the end of this ad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

What's the one that plays at the end of the new Acer tablet ad?

There's a sky one as well with Arthur sailing off to sea on his deathbed, and then he's shown the wonders of sky tv and miraculously recovers, there's a piece of music at the end of that, sounds like something out of a movie, any clues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Had this up in the dance section but no one knows, it was Vanesa Paradis - Joe le Taxi on phantom, sort of electroey mix, would any one know it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

Can anyone help me? I was at a gig the other night and the support act did a cover of a song, he said the name of it but I forgot it. I got some of the lyrics, goes something like "accusations flying like confetti at a wedding".

JohnnyQuid wrote: »
    Can anyone help me? I was at a gig the other night and the support act did a cover of a song, he said the name of it but I forgot it. I got some of the lyrics, goes something like "accusations flying like confetti at a wedding".

This song has those lyrics.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭raveni

Fago! wrote: »

What's the music at the end of this ad?

It was a specially produced track for the ad, can't be found in full anywhere unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Lookin for a dance song, but I only remember the video, a tiny bit :P

A man n a woman all posh/fashiony get out of a car outside a huge mansion at the start

think he was wearing some sort of animal fur yoke, and she had long dark hair

Random, I know! :P

Advertisement