Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Whts the song at the start of the Jenny Houston ad on 2fm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭David086

I'm looking for a song and it starts off with something like "Baby I love you". It's sung by a guy at the start and somewhere two guy come in and say "forever and ever". It starts off with the guy playing an acustic guitar.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Undergod wrote: »
    I saw a music video about year ago, and I can't remember any details of the name or anything.

The singer was a young black guy,the video took place on a plane. In the course of the video he left the plane in mid-flight, and was walking around on clouds and stuff. His ex-girlfriend was an air traffic controller and sent bad weather and stuff to hassle him. It was a pretty great video.

Found it; "Up in the Clouds" by Darwin Deez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

murph226 wrote: »
    Whts the song at the start of the Jenny Houston ad on 2fm?

haven't listened to Jenny in a long while but afaik it used to be 'Waiting Room' - by Fugazi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

kerash wrote: »
    haven't listened to Jenny in a long while but afaik it used to be 'Waiting Room' - by Fugazi

Nope, think it was on the older one alright though.

Cheers Murph

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭fikay

Hi folks. I'm trying to track down a song, was hoping you could help although this will be a little vague. I assumed it was by Fever Ray but having recently gotten that album I discovered it wasn't. All I can clearly remember was the video which was set in a wooded area, around a couple in a cabin. The male goes about scavenging components to build an aeroplane, which he eventually does....like I said, I'm a bit vague on it.
    Without trying to sound like a complete arse the clip had a similar 'feel' *vomit smilie* to the video for When I Grow Up by Fever Ray and was played on late night music shows around the same time that that was released.
    Any guesses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Does anybody know the song called 'Can't Stay Young' and I'm nearly sure it's by Bressie, or The Blizzards. The thing is I can't find it anywhere so I'm thinking it's a different name. Does anyone else know of anywhere I can find it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

Okay - there's a song which I haven't been able to find for ages (because I can't remember any of the words).

However, it featured heavily in a Carslberg advert where a guy goes back in time whilst going along in a taxi (as you do).... c. 200 years - or whenever Carslberg was first brewed.
    "It's the same!" he exclaims when tasting the Carlberg "The same as what?" replied the barman. Oh the lols.

More recently the music from the song features in the beginning of the Nurofen advert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O91IcJWzDM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Okay - there's a song which I haven't been able to find for ages (because I can't remember any of the words).

However, it featured heavily in a Carslberg advert where a guy goes back in time whilst going along in a taxi (as you do).... c. 200 years - or whenever Carslberg was first brewed.
    "It's the same!" he exclaims when tasting the Carlberg "The same as what?" replied the barman. Oh the lols.

More recently the music from the song features in the beginning of the Nurofen advert.

Best known from Reservoir Dogs.

That the one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

it sounds like a rip off of little green bag - Manu Delago is mentioned in the comments of the youtube

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Yeeeeep. as the two above me said, it's George Baker Selection - Little Green Bag. And yes the song in the clip you posted is a rip off of Little Green Bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

raveni wrote: »
    It was a specially produced track for the ad, can't be found in full anywhere unfortunately.

Ahh ballbags. :(

Nice one dude :)

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭raveni

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Does anybody know the song called 'Can't Stay Young' and I'm nearly sure it's by Bressie, or The Blizzards. The thing is I can't find it anywhere so I'm thinking it's a different name. Does anyone else know of anywhere I can find it?

Yeah it's by Bressie; "Can't Stay Young (Forever)" it doesn't seem to be released yet, I can only find a preview of it. He says on his fb page the video for it should be up tomorrow.
    Fago! wrote: »
    Ahh ballbags. :(

Nice one dude :)

No prob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

raveni wrote: »
    Yeah it's by Bressie; "Can't Stay Young (Forever)" it doesn't seem to be released yet, I can only find a preview of it. He says on his fb page the video for it should be up tomorrow.

No prob.

Lovely, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

fikay wrote: »
    Hi folks. I'm trying to track down a song, was hoping you could help although this will be a little vague. I assumed it was by Fever Ray but having recently gotten that album I discovered it wasn't. All I can clearly remember was the video which was set in a wooded area, around a couple in a cabin. The male goes about scavenging components to build an aeroplane, which he eventually does....like I said, I'm a bit vague on it.
    Without trying to sound like a complete arse the clip had a similar 'feel' *vomit smilie* to the video for When I Grow Up by Fever Ray and was played on late night music shows around the same time that that was released.
    Any guesses?

Jesus, this rings a bell. At the end, the plane doesn't work, so they rebuild it into a helicopter instead?

I had it in my head it was Efterklang, but apparently not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

I happened to hear Andrea Corr on the radio this morning singing a song whose lyrics go "do I love you? yes, I love you"
    It is somebody else's song, I can hear it in my head but I can't remember who sang it (male) nor can I find it by searching for the phrase on the lyrics websites. I think it was an eighties song.
    I thought also that it was on her new album but I cant find it there either.
    Would anyone recognize this song please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

ah, I stuck at it and found it on another lyric website
    the song was tinseltown in the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭baker59

Found the video. Track name below.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocx9MenJG7c
    Thanks.

The Golden Age - The Asteroids Galaxy Tour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭gertechhaha

hi,i heard a song on the radio yesterday can someone please tell the name of it,here are the only lines i can remember from it

"the night is so dark it will scare the brave"
    "the wind is so cold it will chill the grave"

them lines mite not be exactly right

the singer had an irish surname,thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Does any one know the song that goes "she lives on the second floor", it may not be the second floor! I've tried Googlin' but can't find it. It's not Luka by Suzanne Vega!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

curry-muff wrote: »
    Does any one know the song that goes "she lives on the second floor", it may not be the second floor! I've tried Googlin' but can't find it. It's not Luka by Suzanne Vega!
    Don McLean "Three Flights Up"?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭clareames

Hi, anyone be able to tell me name of this song... it was out a few years ago and in the video there was a little girl running around in like fields of hay or something... je t'aime or something in the title.. cant find anywhere... thanks:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,759 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Ok, I heard a class song a few weeks ago and never got the name. It sounded like a Ramones song but with French lyrics. The dj went on to say they are like a Belgian Ramones.

Any idea who this band are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

fikay wrote: »
    Any guesses?
    Jesus, this rings a bell. At the end, the plane doesn't work, so they rebuild it into a helicopter instead?

I had it in my head it was Efterklang, but apparently not.

Quoting this for this page, because it's going to drive me absolutely bananas if I can't figure this out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Bit of a random one but does anyone know what the name of the song was for Matt Cooper's radio show. It is not the current one but the one before it, started with a really raw guitar riff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Flecktarn wrote: »
    Bit of a random one but does anyone know what the name of the song was for Matt Cooper's radio show. It is not the current one but the one before it, started with a really raw guitar riff?

It used to be "love spreads" by the stone roses,that's the only other one I remember

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Anybody know a recent dance tune that has a Spanish sounding woman in the chorus on lyrics, it's not We No Speak Americano or Stereo Love, it was only out this year...:(

May be English lyrics, just sounds Spanish :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭ap1986

Anybody know a recent dance tune that has a Spanish sounding woman in the chorus on lyrics, it's not We No Speak Americano or Stereo Love, it was only out this year...:(

May be English lyrics, just sounds Spanish :confused:
    pitbull???? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O72RLP5fF4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Nope, just a girl...doubt she's a big name, definitely not Pitbull and doesn't sample anything I've heard before anyway :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭ap1986

Nope, just a girl...doubt she's a big name, definitely not Pitbull and doesn't sample anything I've heard before anyway :(
    sorry im lost im after been lookin i aint found any joy

Advertisement