Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I was listening to it tonight in a mates house...totally forgot to ask him what it was until I got home :( Serious craving for it now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭ap1986

A woman singing Spanish sounding lyrics over a dance track does not equal to Snoop Dogg :P

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭ap1986

A woman singing Spanish sounding lyrics over a dance track does not equal to Snoop Dogg :P
    its the next best thing....i tried my best ha!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I heard this single the other day on Today FM which sounded like Lily Allen, but when I googled and youtubed her stuff I couldnt locate the track, I have no idea of the title. It has a whistle sample or a member of her band who whistles during its duration which occurs at the chorus I think. Can anyone help me as I cannot get the damn melody out of my head now, if I could phonetically recreate the whistle sound I would but I cant.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Located it, its Eliza Doolittle - Skinny Genes
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxqtnWwLxYI

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

Anybody know a recent dance tune that has a Spanish sounding woman in the chorus on lyrics, it's not We No Speak Americano or Stereo Love, it was only out this year...:(

May be English lyrics, just sounds Spanish :confused:

maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Anybody know a recent dance tune that has a Spanish sounding woman in the chorus on lyrics, it's not We No Speak Americano or Stereo Love, it was only out this year...:(

May be English lyrics, just sounds Spanish :confused:

Fag-o wins :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Fag-o wins :D

Homophobe!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Any ideas what the song over the credits of the Louis Theroux Megaprison docu was?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Best known from Reservoir Dogs.

That the one?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nickkhun23

Avril Lavigne - Wish you were here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hi folks, have tried Shazam and soundhound to no avail, can anyone identify the track in this vidjo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=905LFfxAcpo&NR=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Any ideas what the song over the credits of the Louis Theroux Megaprison docu was?

In case anybody else is wondering, it was Bibio, with Cry! Baby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

Anyone know the song in the Supernatural ad on Living tv? It's electronic.. Has the words 'Are you ready?' in it, I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

http://www.dukenukemforever.com/full

on the video of the trailer to this game ?

cheers..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

According to Sony ericsson TrackID it's "Battleflag" by Lo Fidelity allstars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 NOVA7

Looking for the name of a song and artist,doing my head in for a few days now,will run it by you anyway.Its a poppy cheesy song I would say from the 70s sounds like something David Cassidy or Donny Osmond might sing but I dont think its either of them,Anyway I dont know any of the verses but the chorus was "You think you're a superstar,thats what you are".Now I know its not Jesus Christ Superstar, Love Inc or Lupe Fiasco,its a very cheesy song,I was at a wedding on Saturday night and the DJ played it but I forgot to ask him the title.Would appreciate help with this if you can.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

NOVA7 wrote: »
    Looking for the name of a song and artist,doing my head in for a few days now,will run it by you anyway.Its a poppy cheesy song I would say from the 70s sounds like something David Cassidy or Donny Osmond might sing but I dont think its either of them,Anyway I dont know any of the verses but the chorus was "You think you're a superstar,thats what you are".Now I know its not Jesus Christ Superstar, Love Inc or Lupe Fiasco,its a very cheesy song,I was at a wedding on Saturday night and the DJ played it but I forgot to ask him the title.Would appreciate help with this if you can.:)

this it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭_oveless

Carl Sagan wrote: »
    Anyone know the song in the Supernatural ad on Living tv? It's electronic.. Has the words 'Are you ready?' in it, I think.

Nero - "Me and You"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE47er6qnqg

Rud wrote: »
    No that ain't it either but thanks for looking,I think I will just have to forget about it as nobody knows it just one of those obscure songs that got away.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

NOVA7, this is a long shot, but by any chance, since you were at a wedding, possibly drunk, in your drunken state and possibly supported by other folk singing along wrongly, may have you mistaken this:

as having the chorus of this:

? Worth a shot :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Heard a song yesterday by an Irish band, think they are relatively new because I never heard of them. I cant rememebr their name but the song title was 'Radio' as far as I can remember! Was a great song! Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Devil08 wrote: »
    Heard a song yesterday by an Irish band, think they are relatively new because I never heard of them. I cant rememebr their name but the song title was 'Radio' as far as I can remember! Was a great song! Any ideas?

Found it!! the Kanyu Tree!!

cormie wrote: »
    NOVA7, this is a long shot, but by any chance, since you were at a wedding, possibly drunk, in your drunken state and possibly supported by other folk singing along wrongly, may have you mistaken this:

as having the chorus of this:

? Worth a shot :P

Nope that ain't it, I have a good knowledge of music myself and the song Im looking for was not a big hit,why the dj played it I don't know.The David Essex guess was a good one because its from that era but its a little bit faster,the dj mixed it with slave for dancing by leif garrett so its sort of like that in sound if you know that track.I seriously thought it was David Cassidy or one of the osmonds as it sounds like them,I wish I could remember more of the chorus,I just know that he mentioned "superstar" quite a lot.I typed these lyrics into Google and all I get is the same answers Love INC,Lupe Fiasco,Jamelia.Its a cheesy 70s song probably a one hit wonder,anyway thanks for the help so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

Could it be Superstar by Paul Davis?? (released in 1976)

LadyW wrote: »
    Could it be Superstar by Paul Davis?? (released in 1976)
    Nope ladyW,thats too slow,again its a fast type of tempo to it,it looks like nobody knows this song,ah well:(

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭SVG

Is this it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

This is cracking me up, cause I thought on an oldie when I read your post first for a split second and then it was gone.... now all I have stuck in my head is the Spice Girls song Who do you think you are? but you are definite it was a male singer right ? will come back if I think on it again.. araghhhhh:confused:

Advertisement