Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 NOVA7

NOVA7 wrote: »
    Nope that ain't it, I have a good knowledge of music myself and the song Im looking for was not a big hit,why the dj played it I don't know.The David Essex guess was a good one because its from that era but its a little bit faster,the dj mixed it with slave for dancing by leif garrett so its sort of like that in sound if you know that track.I seriously thought it was David Cassidy or one of the osmonds as it sounds like them,I wish I could remember more of the chorus,I just know that he mentioned "superstar" quite a lot.I typed these lyrics into Google and all I get is the same answers Love INC,Lupe Fiasco,Jamelia.Its a cheesy 70s song probably a one hit wonder,anyway thanks for the help so far

Okay folks I have found the song I got the info from the dj at the party it was wrecking my head so much,I misheard the song probably a bit tipsy but it was'nt superstar it was "moviestar"and thats what the song is called by some guy called Harpo,sorry for the misinformation but many thanks for the help:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I was right so, you were drunk :D

If anyone has a clue about the track in this video, please share:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=905LFfxAcpo&NR=1

although I've a feeling it's some obscure underground or homebrew.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

NOVA7 wrote: »
    Okay folks I have found the song I got the info from the dj at the party it was wrecking my head so much,I misheard the song probably a bit tipsy but it was'nt superstar it was "moviestar"and thats what the song is called by some guy called Harpo,sorry for the misinformation but many thanks for the help:)

You know I thought that and actually played it last night to see what the lyrics were - interesting snippet about that song is that the backing vocals are by Frida of Abba.
    It was very 70s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

hey guys,would any one by chance know who is the band or artist who is been played to the new bear grylls series add on discovery lately,iv had a good search about it and cant find anything only stuff abut the older ads

Anyone know the track at the start and credits (starts at 48:46) of this? http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1099521

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

cormie wrote: »
    Anyone know the track at the start and credits (starts at 48:46) of this? http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1099521

don't know the exact name of the song but i think Steve Lynch from here http://www.stellarsound.ie/video/blood-of-the-travellers/ had something to do with it

Thanks for that, track 1, journeyman is the one on that page anyway :)

After having a chance to listen properly, the track on the actual show itself I linked to is different to the one I thought it was in your link. There's no heavy banjo in it :( Pretty good collection of tracks anyway, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭connacht100

does anybody know what the name of the song that starts paying at 03.20 is? thanks a million...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKC2iiuaXDo

cormie wrote: »
    After having a chance to listen properly, the track on the actual show itself I linked to is different to the one I thought it was in your link. There's no heavy banjo in it :( Pretty good collection of tracks anyway, thanks!

Ended up emailing RTE, who sent me to the stellarsound page too, so emailed them. Steve got back to me and uploaded Variation 1 of journeyman which is the one with the Banjo I was talking about. Good stuff :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

does anybody know what the name of the song that starts paying at 03.20 is? thanks a million...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

The music for the recent Ikea kitchens advert?

Edit: found it on youtube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭mikedone

Just heard this on the radio and all I can recall is the hook which goes (I think)

Which flag did he follow, the green white and orange or was it the red white and blue?
    The harp or the lily, King James or King Billy, that's a riddle I'm leaving to you.

Any help would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

according to this blog its a song called Follow the Flag by Mick McConnell (the lyrics for full song there too)

[HTML]http://www.devlin-family.com/caminoupdatedays40to44.htm[/HTML]

mikedone wrote: »
    Just heard this on the radio and all I can recall is the hook which goes (I think)

Which flag did he follow, the green white and orange or was it the red white and blue?
    The harp or the lily, King James or King Billy, that's a riddle I'm leaving to you.

Any help would be much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭mikedone

eskimocat wrote: »
    according to this blog its a song called Follow the Flag by Mick McConnell (the lyrics for full song there too)

[HTML]http://www.devlin-family.com/caminoupdatedays40to44.htm[/HTML]

Thank you very much indeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Anyone know the song/music in the background for RTE's ad on the Walking dead series?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

Does anyone know the song that's on an RTE ad at the moment, I only caught the very end of it yesterday, it's either for sport or maybe the Summer or Autumn schedule.

It sounded very like REM, I've tried google can't find anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Trying to find the name of a song that was on Today FM yesterday when they were playing their Summer songs all day.

It went "Mr Sun sun, Mr Golden Sun please shine down on me", which when I google is actually a Barney song :confused::o

I could've sworn I heard "D.O. Double G." (Snoop Dogg) during the song so thought Snoop Dogg could be collaborating with someone and sampling this tune but I've had absolutely no luck whatsoever trying to find it online or to see who it's by.

Wondering if anyone could help!

Trying to find the name of a song that was on Today FM yesterday when they were playing their Summer songs all day.

It went "Mr Sun sun, Mr Golden Sun please shine down on me", which when I google is actually a Barney song :confused::o

I could've sworn I heard "D.O. Double G." (Snoop Dogg) during the song so thought Snoop Dogg could be collaborating with someone and sampling this tune but I've had absolutely no luck whatsoever trying to find it online or to see who it's by.

Wondering if anyone could help!

great song......excellent band

Rud wrote: »
    great song......excellent band

Ah, you're a star. Thanks so much!!

I can't underatand why it was so impossible to find when I tried looking. Thought I was going mad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

lookign for this track heard in cardiff over the weekend.track it is a club track not too hard or anything... kinda sounds like tim deluxe "just won't do" but not even as energetic as that.....there is a girl singing in it "it goes up it goes down" no idea what the words are in it to be honest but the track is really summer salsa fiesta kinda of thing.a funky groovy kinda track.

doubt i'll find it on mtv or any channel like that and fairly sure it won't be on the radio.....

AGGGGH this is going to drive me mental!

Bowlardo wrote: »
    lookign for this track heard in cardiff over the weekend.track it is a club track not too hard or anything... kinda sounds like tim deluxe "just won't do" but not even as energetic as that.....there is a girl singing in it "it goes up it goes down" no idea what the words are in it to be honest but the track is really summer salsa fiesta kinda of thing.a funky groovy kinda track.

doubt i'll find it on mtv or any channel like that and fairly sure it won't be on the radio.....

AGGGGH this is going to drive me mental!

Would it be Alexandra Stan, "Mr Saxo Beat"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1KbNPEYTVk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭santiago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Would it be Alexandra Stan, "Mr Saxo Beat"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1KbNPEYTVk

It is indeed. thank you very much. :)
    how did you work that out with my jibberish:rolleyes:
    I got off my lazy arse and found it myself yesterday was delighted with myself.

Thanks again

Bowlardo wrote: »
    It is indeed. thank you very much. :)
    how did you work that out with my jibberish:rolleyes:
    I got off my lazy arse and found it myself yesterday was delighted with myself.

Thanks again

No worries, it was the "it goes up, it goes down" bit that helped... otherwise you'd have had me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

anyone know who sings the song thats on the lotto ad at the moment? the one with the granny and the dog!

anyone know who sings the song thats on the lotto ad at the moment? the one with the granny and the dog!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Ahoy hoy

Does anyone know the song that's on an RTE ad at the moment, I only caught the very end of it yesterday, it's either for sport or maybe the Summer or Autumn schedule.

It sounded very like REM, I've tried google can't find anything.

It is REM alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

I seen a song on the tele today but I didnt catch the name on the screen. The video was the band members (all male) wearing hockey masks, with an east-asian female vocalist wearing a dress. The tune was quite synthy, something like Cut Copy meets The Knife. Any helpers? cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

Ahoy hoy wrote: »

Sound, that's a great song!

Advertisement