Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 chilemad

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!! For the sake of my mental health, can somebody please tell me who sings the song in the new 'Discover Northern Ireland' advert on TV. It has the lyric "look around you" in it but cant find any information on it anywhere. I really like the song but its driving me insane not knowing who it is! XD

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,919 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

"Long may you reign" , John Shelly and the Creatures (have they changed their name to Master & Dog now?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD4RrS5pMO8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

Right, this is a long shot: does anyone remember a video from the 90's or maybe 00's. All I can remember was two very fit women dancing in front of a wire fence with other people around. It was dark and for some reason I think it may have been set on a train station platform. It may have been raining. It's a dance track and it was was by someone with a name like phats and small but I've googled them and can't find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 carolannephil

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    Right, this is a long shot: does anyone remember a video from the 90's or maybe 00's. All I can remember was two very fit women dancing in front of a wire fence with other people around. It was dark and for some reason I think it may have been set on a train station platform. It may have been raining. It's a dance track and it was was by someone with a name like phats and small but I've googled them and can't find it.

not sure of song, but would it be by Russian girl band Tatu.....think it might be ' all the things you said'..or something like that.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

not sure of song, but would it be by Russian girl band Tatu.....think it might be ' all the things you said'..or something like that.....

Thanks for the reply but it wasn't them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Hey guys the folks were watching Fair City there. The song that was playing in the background just before the credits... It was old enough. Reminded me of 99 Red Balloons or Pat Benetar or something. Had a nostalgic sounding chorus with a verse that repeated "isn't it, isn't", "doesn't it, doesn't", wasn't it, wasn't it" or something to that effect. Everyones heard it, it's annoying me now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Anyone know of a song sang by a female artist with the lyrics "precious love" that came out in 1996.?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Anyone know the song in the new mercedes ad, the one where mercedes cars of different eras try to squeeze into a film set?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

Johro wrote: »
    Anyone know the song in the new mercedes ad, the one where mercedes cars of different eras try to squeeze into a film set?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

teednab-el wrote: »
    Anyone know of a song sang by a female artist with the lyrics "precious love" that came out in 1996.?

This one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭MrThrifty

Not much to go on here, but anyone know the name of that song from maybe the eighties about the singer maybe working at some radio station called something like WLD?! Very long song which changes so much in the middle it's like two different songs. Only real thing I remember is when he says the radio stations name, the last letter is echoed a few times - maybe it's a D or an M??? Don't remember a single line from it so can't google it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Shryke wrote: »
    Hey guys the folks were watching Fair City there. The song that was playing in the background just before the credits... It was old enough. Reminded me of 99 Red Balloons or Pat Benetar or something. Had a nostalgic sounding chorus with a verse that repeated "isn't it, isn't", "doesn't it, doesn't", wasn't it, wasn't it" or something to that effect. Everyones heard it, it's annoying me now though.

http://youtu.be/ttuA1UEUAI0

beautiful south " a little time" fairly sure this is the one you are you looking for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭slaneylad

anybody know the song on the NEW discover northern ireland ad. (look around you in the lyrics)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxPmYO40loQ

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Rubik. wrote: »
    That's the one. Nice one. Cheers.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭MrThrifty

MrThrifty wrote: »
    Not much to go on here, but anyone know the name of that song from maybe the eighties about the singer maybe working at some radio station called something like WLD?! Very long song which changes so much in the middle it's like two different songs. Only real thing I remember is when he says the radio stations name, the last letter is echoed a few times - maybe it's a D or an M??? Don't remember a single line from it so can't google it!

Got it, 'I am the morning DJ'...

http://www.google.co.uk/m/url?client=safari&ei=lLr8TbjPF8Phjge2w42LAg&hl=en-gb&oe=UTF-8&q=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v%3D1l0fH0dRUow&ved=0CBgQtwIwAA&usg=AFQjCNHG63tVRI2QUxKvgsLcxEWWj1zukw

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

Anyone know the song playing on the rte ads advertising that movie "nights in rodanthe" its driving me mad

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭raveni

slaneylad wrote: »
    anybody know the song on the NEW discover northern ireland ad. (look around you in the lyrics)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxPmYO40loQ

It says in the comments..it's "Look around" by Future Chaser. Their fb: http://www.facebook.com/futurechaser

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cartwheel

weedhead wrote: »
    Anyone know the song playing on the rte ads advertising that movie "nights in rodanthe" its driving me mad

Think it was
    Death Cab for Cutie - You are a Tourist

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ShizDink

Anyone know what that the theme song for how healthy are you? is ? it was on tv3 last night .. it was played a few times during the show

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cartwheel

ShizDink wrote: »
    Anyone know what that the theme song for how healthy are you? is ? it was on tv3 last night .. it was played a few times during the show

The theme tune is
    The Knife - Heartbeats

Jose Gonzalez had a good cover of it for a Sony Bravia ad a few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ShizDink

Perfect! thanks Cartwheel :) x

Look for a house song ( i think)
    has a guy singing in with a voice like the guy singing in the daft punk song
    Think some of the lyrics are " 21% ...makes you stronger"
    heard at the picnic a few years ago never heard it since.
    would love to know what it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭8bi1ctzegfouva

Anyone know the name of the song played in Holloyoaks, this evening, 24/06/11. The lyrics I was able to make out are somehting like this:

"promise me there's always time, still a place for me by your side, like a willow tree intertwined." "hope you know, you are the one i need. as the seasons roll on by please remember why, you and I are two of a kind."

Sounded kinda like Damien Rice, but it's not him. At the end there was a woman singing too. Any ideas?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Tea Cup

The song played tonight at the funeral on Emmerdale, think its florance and the machine but not sure. Any one know?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

bad is what it is

dont suppose its from street fighter ?

i thought of this :

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

nah more of a beatie boys/daft punk kind of song

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Look for a house song ( i think)
    has a guy singing in with a voice like the guy singing in the daft punk song
    Think some of the lyrics are " 21% ...makes you stronger"
    heard at the picnic a few years ago never heard it since.
    would love to know what it is

Sounds lie either of the versions of this great song
    original

and the more popular remix

Rud wrote: »
    Sounds lie either of the versions of this great song
    original

and the more popular remix

Thanks Buddy. it was the original one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

hi all

Looking for a song I heard on a number of radio promos

with the lyrics 'oh oh oh oh oh oh these are my toys toys'

not sure about the toys part could be boys boys or even choices

female voice sounds as if it might be slightly japanese?

thanks

Advertisement