Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Anyone know what this song is playing in the background http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGOnyImuT6o&feature=player_detailpage#t=300s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Eoin_Sheehy

Does anyone know what music it was in the background while they were driving the Marauder through a building site on Top Gear tonight, it was also on Prime Time a while back when they were counting the cost of the banking guarantee, somebody told me it might be from the Dark Knight soundtrack, but I'm not sure.

EDIT: Found a link to the Prime Time episode, it's just after the opening credits http://www.rte.ie/news/av/2011/0331/primetime.html#page=5&search=prime%20time

EDIT 2: It was Rinzler by Daft Punk from the Tron Legacy soundtrack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

does anyone know who sings the Irish song/ballad the beat of it gos do da do da do do doooooooo from a min onwards in this video you can hear then chanting it iv forgotten who sings it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

spider_pig wrote: »
    does anyone know who sings the Irish song/ballad the beat of it gos do da do da do do doooooooo from a min onwards in this video you can hear then chanting it iv forgotten who sings it

It sounds like Johnny Cash, Ring of Fire, but that's not Irish:confused:! It does sound similar though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    It sounds like Johnny Cash, Ring of Fire, but that's not Irish:confused:! It does sound similar though :)

thats exactly it must hav got my wires crossed some where thanks for that :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 janimar

Willow Tree by Thomas J Speight

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

It's a duet.

It's between a male/female.

The male is quite popular... I think he has a triple barrel name (e.g. Philip Seymour Hoffman)... and could be spanish/latin, but sings in English and is popular in the States (and worldwide I think)

The female is from South America (I think).

The duet was a big hit...

It's on HER record (that's where I heard it)... the rest of her record is something like jazz, or reggae or tango or something not rock...

I'm trying to remember her name, and the name of that record... and this is as close as I can get...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

its not Nelly Furtado?

its not kelly roland?

its not time to say good bye?

sheesh wrote: »
    its not Nelly Furtado?

its not kelly roland?

its not time to say good bye?

Thanks for responding, but no. :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    It's a duet.

It's between a male/female.

The male is quite popular... I think he has a triple barrel name (e.g. Philip Seymour Hoffman)... and could be spanish/latin, but sings in English and is popular in the States (and worldwide I think)

The female is from South America (I think).

The duet was a big hit...

It's on HER record (that's where I heard it)... the rest of her record is something like jazz, or reggae or tango or something not rock...

I'm trying to remember her name, and the name of that record... and this is as close as I can get...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

Not The Girl From Ipanema by any chance?
    The girl would be Astrud Gilberto.
    The double barrel name would be Antonio Carlos Jobim.
    And the style is Bossa Nova.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement

Hermy wrote: »
    Not The Girl From Ipanema by any chance?
    The girl would be Astrud Gilberto.
    The double barrel name would be Antonio Carlos Jobim.
    And the style is Bossa Nova.

Very good and clever guess, but no...

This was made in the last 5 years I'd say... The male is very American oriented... Lives there I think... Very mainstream even now... Was very surprised to see it was him on the cd... After hearing the track... The only track in English as well on the disc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

Anyone know the song on the newest Coors light ad :)

Snowc wrote: »
    Anyone know what this song is playing in the background http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGOnyImuT6o&feature=player_detailpage#t=300s

Anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cartwheel

Snowc wrote: »
    Anyone
    I reckon its
    Cappella - Move It Up

Anyone know the song on the newest Coors light ad :)
    That'd be Mona - Listen to your love

hi all

Looking for a song I heard on a number of radio promos

with the lyrics 'oh oh oh oh oh oh these are my toys toys'

not sure about the toys part could be boys boys or even choices

female voice sounds as if it might be slightly japanese?

thanks
    Its not Ke$ha - Tik Tok is it?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKio8CLxQ_U#t=20s

cartwheel wrote: »
    I reckon its
    Cappella - Move It Up

Thank you thats the one biggrin.gif,I having been looking for it for ages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Hi there,

There is a song that keeps getting played every time I go to the gym. It kind of a dance song sang by a female artist who sounds very like the lead singer from Evanscence. Same kind of a voice if its not her. She sings it in a very high pitched voice and with dance music in the background and I think there may be use of a electric guitar or other instrument.

Now all the other songs played there are modern enough so I'm guessing that this must be a modern one too.

A long shot but any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 aliceblank

I keep hearing this song in the clubs: all I recall is that it sounds like one of those happy, poppy, concert finale songs. Kind of sounds like Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now". Male singer, or male band... could be either.

It has lyrics something like "I hope you get where you're going" but googling for that only turns up ... Miley Cyrus. vom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

aliceblank wrote: »
    It has lyrics something like "I hope you get where you're going" but googling for that only turns up ... Miley Cyrus. vom

Most likely not it, but there's a line in the following "happy, poppy, concert finale" type song that goes:

"When you're out there getting where you getting to".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 livingkind

Hi there,

I need some help if you've got the time. I just happened to be talking to the younger brother and we started remembering a tv show that was on the bbc either one or two back in 2002 about previous world cup moments...little pieces of it we could remeber - it had the famous wheelchair advert at the beginning it had peles' trick of running across the keeper without the ball and then goin back and missing the shot and it also had david battys penalty miss...what he wanted to know and what neither of us can remember is the song that played at the moment batty missed the penalty...it starts simple with a piano melody but the mind goes blank after that and its killing us now not being able to remember it...my thanks to anyone who could help us with the name of the show or anything really...Ive tried contacting the bbc with no reply plus the fact it is really confusing and difficult to do it too...cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

The melodic contour and rhythm lead me to believe it's 'Da Funk' by Daft Punk, even though the pitch/interval content is a bit off..

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Plambey

Guys, you are my last bastion of hope, but i know you can pull through! i've posted this on another forum, my twitter and facebook, and nothing!

this song was on season 3 ep 41 of come dine with me uk, and was the first house, and it played just before Royksopps Eple.

its kinda chrismasy/harry potter esque.

i know its not a great audio recording, but those of you who know it will recognise it straight away regardless. please end my misery!

its kinda tinkly piano for a bit, then it builds up and has some kind of violins going. its a great song, thanks guys!

http://soundcloud.com/plambey/comedinewithmesound/s-x67L8

it also plays clearer here http://www.channel4.com/programmes/come-dine-with-me/4od#3007709

4mins 26seconds in!

*edit* its playing at nearly every time they show the menu. its teasing me so bad!

found it guys!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD3WwM6l1J0&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 26 foals

Anyone know the song that's in the ad for Black Swan? Not the trailer now, the ad that's on telly.

6 months later but if you haven't found out yet i think "Editors - in this light and on this evening" is the one your looking for.

cartwheel wrote: »

no. but thanks for trying :)

livingkind wrote: »
    Hi there,

I need some help if you've got the time. I just happened to be talking to the younger brother and we started remembering a tv show that was on the bbc either one or two back in 2002 about previous world cup moments...little pieces of it we could remeber - it had the famous wheelchair advert at the beginning it had peles' trick of running across the keeper without the ball and then goin back and missing the shot and it also had david battys penalty miss...what he wanted to know and what neither of us can remember is the song that played at the moment batty missed the penalty...it starts simple with a piano melody but the mind goes blank after that and its killing us now not being able to remember it...my thanks to anyone who could help us with the name of the show or anything really...Ive tried contacting the bbc with no reply plus the fact it is really confusing and difficult to do it too...cheers

its not this?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭istaunton

Thats a remix of Faithless - Tarantula just not sure which one

http://youtu.be/KwufrpEDF9M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

3.14mins http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puWqNJI8Mjo . I have a hunch on some 80's sound track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Hey guys, relative noobie to this parts.

I was wondering if people could identify the music in this documentary at these segments:

6:18- ~11:00&1:12:18-1:17:30
    (Same tune I believe?)

33:13 - 36:00

1:09:18- ~1:12:00

Many, many thanks for in advance for any help.
    Malt

P.s if anyone has the time, that clip has a very nice soundtrack (even the Dark Knight snippet works), oh and it's not that bad a documentary either.:)

• Advertisement

Malty_T wrote: »
    Hey guys, relative noobie to this parts.

I was wondering if people could identify the music in this documentary at these segments:

6:18- ~11:00&1:12:18-1:17:30
    (Same tune I believe?)

33:13 - 36:00

1:09:18- ~1:12:00

Many, many thanks for in advance for any help.
    Malt

P.s if anyone has the time, that clip has a very nice soundtrack (even the Dark Knight snippet works), oh and it's not that bad a documentary either.:)
    Music ID software says that they are(in order):
    Britt Nicole - The Lost get Found
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO2prEoATH8

Blue Man Group - Exhibit 13
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uug21daZInI

and
    Thor Soundtrack - Ride to Observatory
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvwXPjk0Eiw

Its actually
    Thor Soundtrack - Sons of Odin
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGCjE7Q0FzE

Sounds like a good soundtrack that.

Last one could be wrong but it does sound similiar.

Advertisement