Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Vanderbilt

Vanderbilt wrote: »
    80s song

Intro begins with "heaven heaven" sung in a womans voice.

Probably a very famous song - I just cant seem to narrow it down/find it.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

netnerd wrote: »
    Trying to find out what the soundtrack is to this video. First thoughts are its from the film V for Vendetta.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP9q61Fjlqo&feature=player_embedded#at=131

I think it might actually be from the Transformers soundtrack, but I'm not sure of the exact track title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

I know the song. I think it's either from pirates of carb or NickTheFace used it in one of his UFC promo videos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Hey guys.

Would anyone be able to tell me the name of the Joanna Newsom song that's on the (constantly played) ad on the radio atm for the @thepark gigs? Listened through the few albums I have of hers but can't seem to find it! Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Trying to find a song, it was played by George Hook on newstalk the other day he didnt name the band after it but he mentioned that there was two borthers in it. I think he said there second name was Nail. I didnt cath their first names. Anyone know of any old bands with two brothers called nail ?

EDIT: Found it all by mine self. It was the Mael brothers. The band was Sparks and the song was This town aint big enough for the both of us. Interesting song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAzESJ62irI&feature=related

• Advertisement

Trying to find out what the soundtrack is to this video. First thoughts are its from the film V for Vendetta.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP9q61Fjlqo&feature=player_embedded#at=131

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRLdhFVzqt4&playnext=1&list=PL6F22263CF8930AD3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

90's trance? ..anyone know the track..wrecking my head atm

• Registered Users Posts: 33 raxor

Hey does anyone know the name of the song/artist from 9:37 - 10:00 in this video? Been dying to get this for years and sitting through an episode of The Sewage Eye will have been more than worth it!

http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=1104291

Thanks!

raxor wrote: »
    Hey does anyone know the name of the song/artist from 9:37 - 10:00 in this video? Been dying to get this for years and sitting through an episode of The Sewage Eye will have been more than worth it!

Thanks!

Sounds like Spandau Ballet or Duran Duran.

Araghh now I have two songs wrecking my head:D
    definately 80's was a savage song..can almost hear the lyrics..I will get this or if not I have a mate who's an 80's jukebox..not either of the aforementioned i reckon btw

• Advertisement

4Sheets wrote: »
    Araghh now I have two songs wrecking my head:D
    definately 80's was a savage song..can almost hear the lyrics..I will get this or if not I have a mate who's an 80's jukebox..not either of the aforementioned i reckon btw

I know the song but every time I play it in my head it turns into Gold by Spandau Ballet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

90's trance? ..anyone know the track..wrecking my head atm

That's the vocal from Marc et Claude's "La"
    Must be a remix,never heard it before myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Its driving me mad since I heard it.

The guitar riff from the start of the skippers intro on rte (fly on the wall doc. al la deadliest catch)

http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=1104731

Heard from the start till about 0:20 and then its taken over by a halves song (who are incidentally a very good band themselves)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭netnerd

raxor wrote: »

Thanks!

landyman wrote: »
    Its driving me mad since I heard it.

The guitar riff from the start of the skippers intro on rte (fly on the wall doc. al la deadliest catch)

http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=1104731

Heard from the start till about 0:20 and then its taken over by a halves song (who are incidentally a very good band themselves)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 raxor

youtube etc.

Thank you kindly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

There was this song from 1998/1999, I don't know the name of the artist or the song, but I have solid enough details.

I always thought the artists was Lionel Richie when I saw the video, but it isn't. The chorus goes something like "I'll See You When I Get There" (NOT the Coolio song) "I travelled so many roads" etc. The man is african-american and plays the guitar, the song uses an acoustic guitar a lot. I can recall that the vocals in the chorus are doubled over, not technologically like these days but naturally. The song has a real mystic feel to it.

CorkMan wrote: »
    There was this song from 1998/1999...

Been racking my brains over this one for the last coupla days but cant come up with anything. You got any more details?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭teekayd25

For some reason I'm being reminded of this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Me too, for both of the above posts. I found a few things that nearly fit, but there was always just one or two things wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Been racking my brains over this one for the last coupla days but cant come up with anything. You got any more details?

:)

Blimey, I glad you found it, as there is no way in a million years I would have got it from your description!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭raveni

Sam Tyler wrote: »
    Hello All,
    I hope someone can help! Its been bugging me for ages as to this song title, its been out for a few weeks. Its a really catchy tune but havent caught the name of it yet.

Its got "ive been up,up,up,up and ive been down,down,down" in the corus!
    Sorry now its very vague i know but would be gratefull if anyone knows the title!
    A bit late, but:

heres potentially a tricky one.. although seems to be a few sharp shooters here..:D
    It was a ep? I bought years ago and it was a remix of princess diana talking about her divorce to Charles.,,so whoever it was mixed the interview into a tune and set beats to it..kinda like the gregory brothers do now....I bought it in a record shop when I used to buy stuff cos it might be cool..so chance are some might know it. It was the main song on the EP I d say bought anywhere from 1995 up to 2000...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

Hey.... There's this song thats on the radio a good bit these days. All I can say is that it has an 80's Simple Minds ring to it! Does that strike a chord with anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

unkymo wrote: »

That's the one! Brilliant! I don't know what I would do without this website! I had 2 simple descriptions of the song and you hit the nail on the head! Cheers!

Heard a song on the radio ages ago and meant to look it up. I have since forgotten the name of the artist and the song. I'm sure its a newish Irish band and the song sounded a lot like pet shop boys. Not much to go on but if it rings a bell with anyone lemme know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

heres potentially a tricky one.. although seems to be a few sharp shooters here..:D
    It was a ep? I bought years ago and it was a remix of princess diana talking about her divorce to Charles.,,so whoever it was mixed the interview into a tune and set beats to it..kinda like the gregory brothers do now....I bought it in a record shop when I used to buy stuff cos it might be cool..so chance are some might know it. It was the main song on the EP I d say bought anywhere from 1995 up to 2000...
    Could this be it - In Di-Lemma 'I am a free spirit' 1996

Discogs listing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭Bryan4president

I heard this song earlier and i think its in an advert, but can't think of what. Its now wrecking my head.

Advertisement