Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CiaraMK

Any idea what music is used in the ad for the Solheim Cup 2011 on tv3 etc? It's epic, soundtrack-type music?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 LillyDarko

(This may already have been answered - apologies) Heading to Australia in a short while and am packing up my iPod. Does anybody know the song from the Championship advert for 2011? I think it's a Vodafone ad & It features Wexford & Laois fans on the way to Croker, and has a countdown feature.... It sounds similar to Sigur Ros or Jonsi. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 LillyDarko

LillyDarko wrote: »
    (This may already have been answered - apologies) Heading to Australia in a short while and am packing up my iPod. Does anybody know the song from the Championship advert for 2011? I think it's a Vodafone ad & It features Wexford & Laois fans on the way to Croker, and has a countdown feature.... It sounds similar to Sigur Ros or Jonsi. Thanks

Sorry, just managed to find it. Had been too lazy. For those interested, it was the Eircom advert for this year's championship and they commissioned the music - which people are apparently saying is a complete rip-off of Jonsi - Go Do.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

raxor wrote: »
    Hey does anyone know the name of the song/artist from 9:37 - 10:00 in this video? Been dying to get this for years and sitting through an episode of The Sewage Eye will have been more than worth it!

http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=1104291

Thanks!

Joe Jackson-Steppin' Out from his album "Night and Day" if Soundhound is to be believed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭netnerd

I heard this song earlier etc

Its from the advert for the music channel Magic TV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 KStolen

I heard this song in a Swatch commercial this weekend. It's a fast electronic song.

The commercial pans horizontally across a group of eclectic looking young people, dancing in a club. It slows down to focus on a single couple, and the music slows down too. Then the music picks back up and the camera starts panning again.

I think this was on TV3. Not positive though. I can't even find the commercial online, but I hope someone has some idea of what I'm talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

KStolen wrote: »
    I heard this song in a Swatch commercial this weekend. It's a fast electronic song.

The commercial pans horizontally across a group of eclectic looking young people, dancing in a club. It slows down to focus on a single couple, and the music slows down too. Then the music picks back up and the camera starts panning again.

I think this was on TV3. Not positive though. I can't even find the commercial online, but I hope someone has some idea of what I'm talking about.

This the ad?

If it is then this is the song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

kerash wrote: »
    Could this be it - In Di-Lemma 'I am a free spirit' 1996

Discogs listing

Brilliant..that's definitely it...dunno how you got that one!
    Ta Mate..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 41 KStolen

Skunkle wrote:
    This the ad?

Yeah that's it. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭richy1

Now i got a tough one to find, the only lyrics i know is 'heavy hand' or 'heavy heart' or something like that. A guy sings at the start of the song and their is also a girl singing in it. pretty sure its a new song..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭santino

I saw a bit of 'Paul Flynn's Irish Food' last night on rte.
    There was a lovely piano piece playing in the background when he was talking to the monks.
    I'm sure I've heard it in an ad before (possibly Ulster bank) but I can't source it.

Did anyone see the programme?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

richy1 wrote: »
    Now i got a tough one to find, the only lyrics i know is 'heavy hand' or 'heavy heart' or something like that. A guy sings at the start of the song and their is also a girl singing in it. pretty sure its a new song..

Blind Faith by Chase & Status ?

Good song too.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭richy1

barbarians...... i could kiss you man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭DiamondDave88

does anyone know the name of the new dance song thats being played alot on iRadio lately.. dont know name of song or artist its driving me insane:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

does anyone know the name of the new dance song thats being played alot on iRadio lately.. dont know name of song or artist its driving me insane:mad:

avici? by levels?
    or feel so close by calvin harris?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 vipervillain

heard a song playing over the past couple of months.
    its a dance song. not heavy more easy listening
    a woman sings a few lines in it. these are some of the lines but some of the words could be wrong
    why dont you take a look at me now
    what do you see
    or could be......
    and tell me what do you see
    let us be free(i think)
    anyone know....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

what's the song on the new O2 priority?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Anyone know the song thats played some nights on Newstalk around 10, I think usually for Coleman at large, its a female singer, think its a 90s song and she kinda sounds foriegn, it goes do du, do du, do du do du, do du du du du du da X2, and then she starts to sing, sorry for being so vague.......

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭paddy111199

so heres the thing. I was in a shop this afternoon and I heard a cover of a simply red song and an Eva Cassidy song and I need to find out who the singer was. She sounded a wee bit like Eva Cassidy but it wasn't her....

I can't even remember the songs now of what was played but I know these were covers of the both song writers.

Any clues????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I just a GAA ad there by Eircom, it had the slogan "01 Championship" at the end. Does anyone know the music used throughout the ad?

• Advertisement

CorkMan wrote: »
    I just a GAA ad there by Eircom, it had the slogan "01 Championship" at the end. Does anyone know the music used throughout the ad?

Accordin to the comments on youtube its a specially commissioned jingle and not an actual song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 d49nbrwuac0is8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnY7ZWvKOYA

Please tell me someone knows this song or at the very least knows the composer !

and how to attach a bloody youtube clip on this correctly ! :(

Please tell me someone knows this song or at the very least knows the composer !

and how to attach a bloody youtube clip on this correctly ! :(

Sounds like a rip off of Lord of the rings music to me.

And when embedding youtube clips wrap the last bit in bold in youtube tags.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnY7ZWvKOYA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 d49nbrwuac0is8

thanks man :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 walshn

Hi all - was wonderin if anyone knows what song is being played during the RTE2 advertisement for the Ireland v. Croatia match on TV? Great song, I think I've heard it before, but can't place it. Am dying to know the band! Thanks....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Long shot here....BBC trailer for Ocean Giants running the past few days...beautifully haunting vocal track in the background...anyone recognise it or know the artist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

walshn wrote: »
    Hi all - was wonderin if anyone knows what song is being played during the RTE2 advertisement for the Ireland v. Croatia match on TV? Great song, I think I've heard it before, but can't place it. Am dying to know the band! Thanks....

Under Cover of Darkness - The Strokes

• Registered Users Posts: 26 shamrockone

Does anyone know what is the piece of music that is used in the advertisement for the Solheim Cup 2011 on RTE

Does anyone know what is the piece of music that is used in the advertisement for the Solheim Cup 2011 on RTE

Seen Heard this on Solheim cup video on youtube could be related to the ad. Havent seen the ad myself though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 shamrockone

Thanks Skunkle thats the exact one

Advertisement