Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭macslash

Wertz wrote: »
    Long shot here....BBC trailer for Ocean Giants running the past few days...beautifully haunting vocal track in the background...anyone recognise it or know the artist?
    Hey Wertz! Think this might be the one you were looking for..saw it on some advert and recognised it from the film "Crash"..hope this is what you were on about!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_FRluQgYpI

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭mike2084

Hi everybody this is a real long shot but I will give it a shot and see if someone knows :)

Does anyone remember the theme tune for RTÉ's live showjumping from Salthill, Dublin and Millstreet used from the late 80's until at least 1999. I used love it when I was younger can still hear the tune in my head to this day but Google and YouTube have come up blank. So I'm hoping someone can recall the tune and possibly who it was by. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CharlieMc555

Does anyone know who sings the song "Hello Caroline", at least I think it's called that. It's been on the radio a few times lately but I keep missing the band & Shazaam doesn't know it. I think it's an Irish band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

macslash wrote: »
    Hey Wertz! Think this might be the one you were looking for..saw it on some advert and recognised it from the film "Crash"..hope this is what you were on about!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_FRluQgYpI

Epic macslash, knew I'd heard it somewhere else too. Thanks for that. Show is on tonight as well and looks like it might be worth watching for anyone interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Does anyone know who sings the song "Hello Caroline", at least I think it's called that. It's been on the radio a few times lately but I keep missing the band & Shazaam doesn't know it. I think it's an Irish band.

This ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CharlieMc555

Skunkle wrote: »

This ?

Yeah that's it, cheers Skunkle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Please, I will love whoever can name me this song!

1.03 mins to about 1.16 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VATpRlSfI18

It kinda sounds like Sade. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Hey does anyone know the name of that song played at the end of Modern Family's First Season, in the episoide called Family Portrait?

The song is played towards the end, with instrumentals playing as they are taking the portrait outside?

Can't seem to find it anywhere

Thankss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

guitarzero wrote: »
    Please, I will love whoever can name me this song!

1.03 mins to about 1.16 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VATpRlSfI18

It kinda sounds like Sade. Thanks

Thats a song? sounds a remix of QVC theme music TBH..sorry I did listen but I cannot help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

edit: wrong thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I can't think of this song I heard on TG4 one day. It was on one of their ads, probably a sports ad, but it's definitely not a rage against the machine song.

It has a trumpet in it. There's a trumpet solo, at least I think it's a trumpet. And theres a cool drum beat behind it.

The trumpet goes from low to high going ... daa, da, da, da, da, daaaaaaa..... Then from high to low again ..dadada, daaa, dada, dadada daaaaaaa ... Very difficult to play it out :P

It's definitely a famous sound. Might not be a turmpet, but I'm sure most would recognise it when they hear it, just I don't know the name of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭alan85

Hi there,

Heard it on O'Gorman tonight. I think it's a beautiful sounding song. It starts at 23:45.

Would appreciate it if anybody knew!

Thanks!

http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=1109064

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Anyone can name the song playing in the background in 127 hours
    when he is rescued ?

I checked the soundtrack on Spotify and as usual (with all soundtracks) the good songs aren't there...

cheers..

the_monkey wrote: »
    Anyone can name the song playing in the background in 127 hours
    when he is rescued ?

I checked the soundtrack on Spotify and as usual (with all soundtracks) the good songs aren't there...

cheers..

Would this be the one sir ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

A song that's on the ad for Sky Sports in 3D, the one where Peter Crouch puts 3D glasses on at the end. Its classical music; might be Mozart. Its the ad where the camera is very close to the ball on the pitch. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭connacht100

Anyone know the song thats played some nights on Newstalk around 10, I think usually for Coleman at large, its a female singer, think its a 90s song and she kinda sounds foriegn, it goes do du, do du, do du do du, do du du du du du da X2, and then she starts to sing, sorry for being so vague.......

I thinks its Tom's Diner by Suzanne Vega.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cy5Xn42Ymo

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭connacht100

Does anyone know what the song used in the RTE UEFA Supercup promo is? It sounded like one of those rap dance combos and it had a lot of ba da de ba da da. Sorry for being a bit vague. Thanks in advance.......

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hoff1

What is the music on the solheim cup ad?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

hoff1 wrote: »

I may be wrong and may be thinking of another ad entirely but is it Clint Mansell Requiem for a Dream?

hoff1 wrote: »

Think its Heart of Courage by Two Steps From Hell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hoff1

Lux Aeterna was used on the ryder cup ad(and more besides) a few years ago.... sort of similar to heart of courage alright...Lux aeterna is still better (and the film is just as good too) Heart of courage just lacking in epicessness when compared to Lux Aeterna!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭histories

Anyone know this song

"was it you that said you'd had enough, you were through the game was way too rough...."

kinda has a country western/Bread's Goodbye Girl vibe to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

There is a song, with a line in it that goes something like "it's not cocaine running through my brain" it's about love and the feeling of being drunk on love. I thought it was richard ashcroft but I can't find anything on google.

Any help much appreciated. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭RedJoker

Does anyone know what the song used in the RTE UEFA Supercup promo is? It sounded like one of those rap dance combos and it had a lot of ba da de ba da da. Sorry for being a bit vague. Thanks in advance.......

Crystal Waters - Gypsy Woman

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

FatRat wrote: »
    I can't think of this song I heard on TG4 one day. It was on one of their ads, probably a sports ad, but it's definitely not a rage against the machine song.

It has a trumpet in it. There's a trumpet solo, at least I think it's a trumpet. And theres a cool drum beat behind it.

The trumpet goes from low to high going ... daa, da, da, da, da, daaaaaaa..... Then from high to low again ..dadada, daaa, dada, dadada daaaaaaa ... Very difficult to play it out :P

It's definitely a famous sound. Might not be a turmpet, but I'm sure most would recognise it when they hear it, just I don't know the name of it.

Not this by any chance?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Anyone know the song to an ad by the paint company "Crown"? I just saw it there, two children are in a bedroom and there are paint effects on the wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Don't hold out much hope for this- from the early 80s,I think.
    Either Eclipse by the group Epilogue or Epilogue by Eclipse.(male singer)
    I remember it being played on RTE Radio 2 , and think they were Irish, a haunting slow song.
    (Am not dreaming:o,Larry Gogan's my next option.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Deathwish4

Long shot i know but can anyone tell me the artist or name of the song that was at the start of O'Gorman last Sunday night - it was the Salthill episode.

http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=1109889

It was a humming theme kinda song (not the intro music to the show)

So from 20 seconds onwards in the video above

any help appreciated...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

Actually if u can help
    There is a song in come meet the parents where the main character(forgot his name(s)) is in the garage of the posh guys house its played in the background. Also again when he is driving through the swamped lawn if anyone can help

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Actually if u can help
    There is a song in come meet the parents where the main character(forgot his name(s)) is in the garage of the posh guys house its played in the background. Also again when he is driving through the swamped lawn if anyone can help

Flower Duet (Lakme) - Leo Delibes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qx2lMaMsl8

Advertisement