Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Heard something on the radio last night, I think it was the metal show on Phantom, it was around half ten or eleven.
    The track was a really slow, heavy, post-rock kinda thing. There were some spoken (possibly low spoken-at-pitch) vocals over it, but as I was in the car I couldn't hear the words.

My question is twofold a) did anyone hear it, and do you know what it was, and b) does Phantom really only put shows up to stream two/three weeks after they've been broadcast? Or am I looking in the wrong place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Jason Fly

If somebody has Shazam working on a mobile phone, may try to tag the song. Mine is not working. Would love to know the name of the song, too

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭richy1

vodafone ad,
    whats the song on the new vodafone ad, i think its just whistling throughout the ad

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Siobhers

richy1 wrote: »
    vodafone ad,
    whats the song on the new vodafone ad, i think its just whistling throughout the ad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Siobhers you're a gem! Came in here just now to ask that exact same question, it's been nagging at me whenever that ad comes on (and it's on a lot).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

This song has been on an advert of TV lately; the lyrics go something like:

"He's got his head in the clouds,
    She tells him to come out,
    Says boy, stop movin' around

Shes got ___ in her ear(hair)(?)
    Watches as ________ here

To the rythym of the long lost night"

Male signer I believe. Sounded young with a slightly high voice. Kinda like Bruno Mars or someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Framed10

anyone know the song being used on the current ad for the Listowel Races on TG4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

There was some classical piano played over the nationwide programme last night on the item about the aran islands,i suspect it might be a film score,maybe wrong,anyone recognise where its from? OOPS!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mark !

Hello! this is a long shot, but last night on the radio i heard a song from an irish band on 4fm or some similar station, I can only remember the chorus, it goes :
    ''I don't like breaking your heart ,
    and I don't like making a start ,
    All over again,
    All over again''
    Fairly young sounding male singer with an Irish accent.

After the song there was an interview with the singer on the phone who was saying something about writing songs as a child :D I would really appreciate a reply!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

I was watching "The Irish of 9/11" on TV3 this evening and there is a niece piece of music at the start of the programme with a violin. Anybody know it?
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Sasa1

Anyone know the song used on RTE 2 euro 2012 soccer qualifier ad?
    thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

Whispered wrote: »
    There is a song, with a line in it that goes something like "it's not cocaine running through my brain" it's about love and the feeling of being drunk on love. I thought it was richard ashcroft but I can't find anything on google.

Any help much appreciated. :)

?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭connacht100

Howdy folks

I was just wondering does anyone know the music that is used in this spoof video?

Thanks in advance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ngvdlg-H-Es

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Its an 80s song (I Think)
    and the line goes something like "And shes lying in his arms I just know it".

Pretty sure the artist is american.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Whats the song at the start of this?

http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=1111118

During the intro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

I beg! Anyone has any idea what's the piano piece is called?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭sh__93

This is a long shot but does anyone know the song that was in the ad that was on RTÉ for the UEFA super cup final between Porto and Barca? I can't remember any lyrics but it was a fast song. Almost like one you'd hear in a club or something, very summery feel to it. The match was played on the 26th of August and the ad ran for about a week leading up to it. It's been wrecking my head ever since. Any help would be much appreciated :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

During the intro.

You mean the montage with all the Rocky IV stuff going on?
    Survivor - Eye of the Tiger at the start, then the second bit is some more incidental music from the same movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Sobanek wrote: »

All i could find out is that it is from the Revolutionary Road soundtrack by Thomas Newman.Hope this is of some use to you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Sobanek wrote: »

Thats gonna wreck my head now. Sounds familiar like its from a movie but I have no clue which.
    All i could find out is that it is from the Revolutionary Road soundtrack by Thomas Newman.Hope this is of some use to you!

Never heard of it, if its from that then I'm thinking of something else. You know for sure its from that soundtrack ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭Chefburns

During the intro.

Incase ur not looking for the rocky one this is the song used in the opening titles http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVe_KVzBFOo&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭the_big_shmoke

that song is keane - is it any wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

that song is keane - is it any wonder?

Yep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Thanks lads, my friend was looking for the song, and thats the one.

I appreciate the help ye gave, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭connacht100

sh__93 wrote: »
    This is a long shot but does anyone know the song that was in the ad that was on RTÉ for the UEFA super cup final between Porto and Barca? I can't remember any lyrics but it was a fast song. Almost like one you'd hear in a club or something, very summery feel to it. The match was played on the 26th of August and the ad ran for about a week leading up to it. It's been wrecking my head ever since. Any help would be much appreciated :D

It was Took My Love by Pitbull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭parrai

David086 wrote: »
    I'm looking for a song and it starts off with something like "Baby I love you". It's sung by a guy at the start and somewhere two guy come in and say "forever and ever". It starts off with the guy playing an acustic guitar.

Thanks.

Dunno if this was answered ... Might be The Ramones- Baby I love You Maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭parrai

NOVA7 wrote: »
    No that ain't it either but thanks for looking,I think I will just have to forget about it as nobody knows it just one of those obscure songs that got away.:(

John Lennon Instant Karma?
    Just saw you found it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭SellingJuan

Whats the song from the diest coke add the new one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭sh__93

It was Took My Love by Pitbull.

You are an absolute legend. Don't know how you managed to remember that song but THANK YOU :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

Wrong thread lol

Advertisement