Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MsCutter

teednab-el wrote: »
    I was watching "The Irish of 9/11" on TV3 this evening and there is a niece piece of music at the start of the programme with a violin. Anybody know it?
    Thanks.

Hi there. I had the pleasure of editing "The Irish of 9/11". The music used at the beginning is "Sad Violin Thing" by Nick Cave and Warren Ellis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqdmJ80VePs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭IfUSeekAmy

Evening all. :)

This is going to be terribly, terribly vague; but who knows, I just might be lucky enough to get an answer.

I remember watching the musicvideo, of a song, when I was younger, 1999-2005period approximately, on the charts show that used to be on RTÉ.

I remember it so vividly, it was a woman, singing a ballad, not a very young woman, a lady, 35ish+. The overall aesthetic for the video was very yellow/gold. Lots of billowing white net fabrics, in gold lighting. She may have been singing on/around a ship, at one stage in the video.

It must have been very prominent in the charts, as I can remember seeing it tens of times. I can remember always thinking how beautiful the song was, but I can't even think of a line from it.

To narrow down the search range, it was probably in the years 2000-2003.

If I had access to detailed chart archives from the period, I'd be going through them right now. But sadly I don't.

If the video I've described jogs anything in anyone's memory that could point me in the right direction, I'd be so thrilled... Or if anybody could point me in the direction of the records necessary for finding this, it'd be equally appreciated. Thank you all. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Hi all, I have a song stuck in my head and for the life of me, I cant find out what it is (Damn you Google!!!), hopefully someone can put me out of my misery!

Its a song that I think came out this year, male singer, kinda sound like keane or something similar. The only lyrics I know are:
    I've been trying,
    I've been trying,
    but its not easy,
    to go on[?]

and then something about feeling so lonely?

Like I said, Ive harrassed Google, but to no avail :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

IfUSeekAmy wrote: »
    Evening all. :)

This is going to be terribly, terribly vague; but who knows, I just might be lucky enough to get an answer.

I remember watching the musicvideo, of a song, when I was younger, 1999-2005period approximately, on the charts show that used to be on RTÉ.

I remember it so vividly, it was a woman, singing a ballad, not a very young woman, a lady, 35ish+. The overall aesthetic for the video was very yellow/gold. Lots of billowing white net fabrics, in gold lighting. She may have been singing on/around a ship, at one stage in the video.

It must have been very prominent in the charts, as I can remember seeing it tens of times. I can remember always thinking how beautiful the song was, but I can't even think of a line from it.

To narrow down the search range, it was probably in the years 2000-2003.

If I had access to detailed chart archives from the period, I'd be going through them right now. But sadly I don't.

If the video I've described jogs anything in anyone's memory that could point me in the right direction, I'd be so thrilled... Or if anybody could point me in the direction of the records necessary for finding this, it'd be equally appreciated. Thank you all. :)

Hardly this one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Cicero wrote: »

That's what popped into my head immediately too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Hi all, I have a song stuck in my head and for the life of me, I cant find out what it is (Damn you Google!!!), hopefully someone can put me out of my misery!

Its a song that I think came out this year, male singer, kinda sound like keane or something similar. The only lyrics I know are:

and then something about feeling so lonely?

Like I said, Ive harrassed Google, but to no avail :mad:

Nevermind, it was "Feel That You Own it" by Bi-Polar Empire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭IfUSeekAmy

Cicero wrote: »

nope. :(

I appreciate the suggestion though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

^^^Since you said Irish Music video show, I'm going to go for this one- ticks a certain amount of boxes....after that I dunno...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

What's the song from the FAI ford cup final ad thats on tv these days? Has kind of a trumpet sound to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,058 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

IfYouSeekAmy, could it be this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Anyone know what the song is that's on the most recent Guinness ad on TV?

It finished before I could grab my iPhone and Shazam it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,017 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Gekko wrote: »
    Anyone know what the song is that's on the most recent Guinness ad on TV?

It finished before I could grab my iPhone and Shazam it!
    Moved to 'What's That Song' thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

This is vague but a friend of mine from the states was in Ireland this time last year and heard a song on the radio with the lyrics "you and me and me and you" repeating.
    They think it was a pop song with a male vocal possibly The Wanted or similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Brains?

does anyone know the song thats used on the new vodafone ad at the moment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Brains? wrote: »
    There was one with "The National - Terrible Love" a while ago not sure if that's the one or maybe there is a newer one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Brains? wrote: »
    This?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

Help!

Anyone able to give me the artist and song title of the french song at the end of Tinker Soldier Sailor Spy??? (the film)

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Brains?

Namlub wrote: »
    This?

Yes! Thanks! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

temply wrote: »
    Help!

Anyone able to give me the artist and song title of the french song at the end of Tinker Soldier Sailor Spy??? (the film)

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭SellingJuan

Whats the song on the diet coke add !!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Long shot as I can't remember any of the lyrics or even what the song sounded like, but at the end of Doctor Who confidential last Saturday they played a song over the bits where they were talking about the final scenes of the episode. Any one catch it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 keep_runnin

I heard this off the wall dance tune on Irish radio a couple of weeks ago, it went something like "Irish Mothers, Septembers here again, Shout for freedom" in a vocoder voice. Any takers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Heard it start up on spin as i was leaving work today.Its a dance song and ive done my best to type it out on song tapper if that helps. The fact it the same note on it though doesnt help

http://www.bored.com/songtapper/data/17940350.mid

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭CrazyMel

Long shot but here it goes looking for two tunes first one sounds like ed sheeran (a team) for some reason i think it featured on scrubs...just the guiter bit if making sense from ed sheeran's tune...drivin me insane..was watching diy sos last Tuesday where this mother of a teenager girl and a lil young lad..who her husband and her bought a house and then on his way to work he got into a freak accident where like a steel rod was put through the car / van he was driving...he had just started fixing up the house.ten months on she still was still coming to terms with his death (r.i.p) that was the end song for the programme...

Next one right bit trickier this one lol...its a dancy song where this man goes outside a cafe and does break dancing every year hoping for the love of his life to return...three or four people are outside commenting on the story which is in subtitles.....mad i know but hope someone can help me :D after 2005 i think it was released!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

CrazyMel wrote: »
    Long shot but here it goes looking for two tunes first one sounds like ed sheeran (a team) for some reason i think it featured on scrubs...just the guiter bit if making sense from ed sheeran's tune...drivin me insane..was watching diy sos last Tuesday where this mother of a teenager girl and a lil young lad..who her husband and her bought a house and then on his way to work he got into a freak accident where like a steel rod was put through the car / van he was driving...he had just started fixing up the house.ten months on she still was still coming to terms with his death (r.i.p) that was the end song for the programme...

Next one right bit trickier this one lol...its a dancy song where this man goes outside a cafe and does break dancing every year hoping for the love of his life to return...three or four people are outside commenting on the story which is in subtitles.....mad i know but hope someone can help me :D
    Second song is Days Go By by Dirty Vegas

awww thanks a mil been lookin for that tune for ages! your a dote :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Next one right bit trickier this one lol...its a dancy song where this man goes outside a cafe and does break dancing every year hoping for the love of his life to return...three or four people are outside commenting on the story which is in subtitles.....mad i know but hope someone can help me :D after 2005 i think it was released!

Just did a google of diy sos end song and got this?Would it be this ?Epic tune anyway

its not but thanks a mil for looking into it for me, tis a good tune alright sounds very like this one or is it just me lol ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC40_p9eG8w

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

whats the song on the arthurs day ad ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

This?

Advertisement