Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dougal2011

I got hold of these tunes a while back and havent been able to identify them, Hopefully someone here on Boards can help.

The first one is from Avalines set from The Sanctuary Festival 2007 :

http://www.mediafire.com/?qb2wk7bmbam6955

The next one a friend gave me, he had no idea what the name was either :

http://www.mediafire.com/?8o9di4o24xosarx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

Can anybody tell me who sings this song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbNfbf23hdA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pdowning1

Does anyone know what song the music from the knew knorr ad is?? The ad is for knorr Tomato and bean soup. I cant find it anywhere on the internet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

lookin for a song for a while now...not sure about it but i know its by an irish band and the lyrics go somethin like; your face is like a car crash i cant look away, eyes on the prize hands on the wheel...
    any help much appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

What's the name of the song in the disco scene in Collateral?
    The scene which precedes the shootout,kind of trance sounding..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

staker wrote: »
    What's the name of the song in the disco scene in Collateral?
    The scene which precedes the shootout,kind of trance sounding..

This it?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭MRPRO03

Anybody know who the singer/band is in this version of Mick Maguire ?

http://picosong.com/z3X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Heard a song on the radio a couple of days ago thet sounded like big country with the lyrics "I'm a wave" or something similar. The music was a defo Big Country rip off with a higher pitched male vocalist......anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Anybody know the song on the celebrity bainisteoir ad with Tommy Fleming and Tony Gasgorino??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

Would anyone know the name of a Damien Dempsey song he wrote about two friends of his who killed themselves? I thought it was called 'Chris and Stevie' but it doesn't seem to be showing up anywhere for me so maybe thats not the exact title.

Might be a long shot. It does mention someone called Stevie though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

Anyone have any idea what the theme on the current Sky Movies ad for "I am number 4" is?

I have heard and searched for the theme before out haven't been able to track it down.

It is wrecking my head and shaman isn't helping find the tune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Anyone have any idea what the theme on the current Sky Movies ad for "I am number 4" is?

I have heard and searched for the theme before out haven't been able to track it down.

It is wrecking my head and shaman isn't helping find the tune.

I think it was this -

- but I can't remember for sure, I just remember thinking "Huh, that song has beein in the "What's That Song" thread before.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

I think it was this -

- but I can't remember for sure, I just remember thinking "Huh, that song has beein in the "What's That Song" thread before.

excellent. cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭friendlylady

Great new song out from USA bit of contoversy around her as she was advertised at a bit of "trailer park trash" but others say she far too polished and manufactured and signed to the bigges US label but nevermind that I think she is OUTSTANDING, have a listen and tell me what you think: Now you may have to pause and go back to her as she's getting so many hits.

http://youtu.be/HO1OV5B_JDw

• Registered Users Posts: 23 nomull27

Does any one know to name of the song/tune at 4 mins 50 secs on Mission Beach USA.

RTÉ PLAYER: http://www.rte.ie/player/#!v=1118156

I have heard it loads of times before on Eastenders, TG4, last year on Mission Beach USA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Anyone know that famous piece of music, kinda like elevator music. Sounds like it's played on a xylophone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

With so little to go on this is all I can think of...but it's a vibraphone.

"...and now in the gallery." 80's kids reference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Slydice wrote: »
    I've heard a song in a supermarket and I'm trying to find name of it.

There's a woman/girl singing in a Foreign Language but I'm pretty sure she only sings a chorus as i remember it being mainly maybe a club music song.

all I can vaguely remember is the lyrics being something like:
    "weeeee del um del ai"

and then the next line being something similar like:
    "ceeeeee del um del ai"
    or maybe it was:
    "oh del um del ai"

It didn't sound particularly spanish but I'm not sure. Given the words are so vague in my head.

I tried humming into midomi.com but not luck.

It doesn't have that usual drum beat that is in most dance music songs (the kind you can jump/exercise easily to) from what I remember.

Anyone have any thoughts?

I was totally wrong on the foreign language. Can't believe I hadn't heard the english lyrics that are in the song.

Anyway it was "Se:Sa - Like This Like That":

Not sure if it was the original or a remix I heard. I heard it in a supermarket a a good while ago so I reckon it was a compilation cd they used and I found the song was included on "Now That's What I Call Music! 68":
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Now That's What I Call Music! 68 (UK series)

glad I know now, it was bugging me for ages :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

nomull27 wrote: »
    Does any one know to name of the song/tune at 4 mins 50 secs on Mission Beach USA.

I have heard it loads of times before on Eastenders, TG4, last year on Mission Beach USA.

That would be The XX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 vix

Hi! I was wondering if anyone can help me? I was in a pub earlier and a song was on that I liked. I tried to write down as many of the lyrics as I could and google them but I'm not getting anywhere with that. I'm pretty sure that it was used as the intro music for The Last Splash on Today FM. I suspect that this is far too vague but I though I'd chance my arm and ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

vix wrote: »
    Hi! I was wondering if anyone can help me? I was in a pub earlier and a song was on that I liked. I tried to write down as many of the lyrics as I could and google them but I'm not getting anywhere with that. I'm pretty sure that it was used as the intro music for The Last Splash on Today FM. I suspect that this is far too vague but I though I'd chance my arm and ask.

Be nice to know the lyrics you wrote down...?

Be nice to know the lyrics you wrote down...?
    "How can you go home? " was one of the few sentences I heard. I should have said undecipherable random words that I could hear really in my post...

"How can you go home? " was one of the few sentences I heard. I should have said undecipherable random words that I could hear really in my post...

What genre was the song, was it a male or female singing and was it fast or slow?

What genre was the song, was it a male or female singing and was it fast or slow?
    Genre- indie/rock and it was fast. There were two kind of beeping sounds at the start. I apologise now- I'm probably wrecking your head (and everybody elses). Unfortunately everybody around suddenly started talking loudly when I was trying to listen to the words to write them down.

Genre- indie/rock and it was fast. There were two kind of beeping sounds at the start. I apologise now- I'm probably wrecking your head (and everybody elses). Unfortunately everybody around suddenly started talking loudly when I was trying to listen to the words to write them down.

Try get all of the lyrics you have down and I'll do my best :D

Try get all of the lyrics you have down and I'll do my best :D
    You have the patience of a saint! :D
    The only other vaguely coherent sentence that I have is "been a long time coming" (repeated two or three times, I think) at the end of the song. That's pretty much all I have to go on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Can you think of any songs or bands it sort of sounded like?

Can you think of any songs or bands it sort of sounded like?
    No unfortunately. I've really been racking my brains to think of who it is and who they sound like. I'm going to check again through the Breeders songs on youtube and see. They had an album called "The Last Splash" amd it'll turn out that it was them all along, knowing my luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Ok this is a long shot and more than likely nobody will know it but Il ask anyway. I keep hearing this song every day I go to the gym. It's a female artist who has a very high pitch voice but the music in the background accompanying the lyrics is dance. It's a song that you would gym or dance to.

The lyrics go something like "I should be great " I should be great" " Il suffer on". (May not be correct). There is a delay before the final chorus is sung by this artist and each chorus is greeted by the sound of a bass guitar/electric guitar which lasts for a second. The artist here sounds similiar to the lead singer of Evanscence or the lead singer of Within Tempetation. Similiar sounding but I cannot find the artist for this particular song. That's the best I can do, hopefully somebody gets it.

Advertisement