Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Jim_Kiy wrote: »
    Flaming lips?
    I have most of their albums and I'm nearly certain it's not them. There is a strong vocal similarity though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

This one is an old one. Its rock either from 70's or 80's I'd say. Lyrics go like this or similar.
    'take off your shoes you got nothing to lose this whole house start spreading the blues, the house is rockin rollin'. The best I can come up with:(

Anyone?

This one is an old one. Its rock either from 70's or 80's I'd say. Lyrics go like this or similar.
    'take off your shoes you got nothing to lose this whole house start spreading the blues, the house is rockin rollin'. The best I can come up with:(

Anyone?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Plug wrote: »

Anyone?

Stevie Ray Vaughan - 'This House is Rockin''

spurious wrote: »
    Stevie Ray Vaughan - 'This House is Rockin''
    Thats the one, thanks.

35 when he died, jasus christ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Does anybody know the name of the song in the ad for that "One day" film for HMV that's on the telly at the minute?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭music producer

Being new to the thread, I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but there are websites you can to to sing a portion of the melody of a song, and it can often tell you what song it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭theholyghost

I heard this on in a store today in Dublin I've forgotten most of the lyrics but it had some religious imagery. Moses was definately mentioned, there were also "reach" and "teach", could have been about reaching god. It reminded me a little bit of Son of A Peeacher Man with those lyrics but it was a much more modern sounding song.

Any ideas? I really want to hear it again.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭theholyghost

I heard this on in a store today in Dublin I've forgotten most of the lyrics but it had some religious imagery. Moses was definately mentioned, there were also "reach" and "teach", could have been about reaching god. It reminded me a little bit of Son of A Peeacher Man with those lyrics but it was a much more modern sounding song.

Any ideas? I really want to hear it again.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,006 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Folks, I'm wondering if you can help me. I don't listen to much of what's in the charts so I'm kinda snookered in trying to figure out who and what this song is.

I've caught some of a chorus lately and it sounds catchy. The singer sounds like Kylie Minogue (the shame I know) but I'm not sure if it is her. Anywhoo all I know of the chorus is the lady is singing something that sounds And Iiiiiiiiiii love you-ou-ou-ou-OU............ it's dragged out a bit and raises in pitch towards the end.

Does that make sense to anyone? Do you have any idea which song I'm talking about? I think it's a fairly recent release.

Edit: I think I remember part of the chorus. It might be something like:

'I believe in love, I believe in love, I believe in love, I believe in you'.

Oh the shame of it, it is Kylie:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

I need a song. Its from last year. An Irish group, the video takes place in Dublin on the streets. Really upbeat, electronic beats...some words are "no i won't worry". Think its in an ad now too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭David086

Anyone know the song off the new Vodafone ad to do with their broadband?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 538 ✭✭✭little big planet 2

what the name of the song that sound like MGMT"KIDS" skipping at the start?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Jim_Kiy

well it sskips at the start ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

This it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 538 ✭✭✭little big planet 2

yeah thats it thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 andyoumee

Anyone who knows the episode of the Vampire Diaries?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭AverageJoe82

Hi people. was looking for a song that was played at the very end of the film "Knuckle" were a man is driving his car on a road, I have searched the internet and cannot get a soundtrack to the film, So if any of ye can help it would be great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Hi people. was looking for a song that was played at the very end of the film "Knuckle" were a man is driving his car on a road, I have searched the internet and cannot get a soundtrack to the film, So if any of ye can help it would be great
    There ya go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭AverageJoe82

cheers for that, its is a beauitful song and god you were quick with the reply
    thanks ever so much again, and every1 watch the film called knuckle its very very good

• Advertisement

cheers for that, its is a beauitful song and god you were quick with the reply
    thanks ever so much again, and every1 watch the film called knuckle its very very good
    I seen his name in the credits the other night so guessed it was for that song,quick YouTube search said it was :)
    Pretty good song alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

What's the name of the song that was playing in the background of the ad for the bayern v basle soccer match, a dance track. Sounds good. Hope someone knows it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Samich wrote: »
    What's the name of the song that was playing in the background of the ad for the bayern v basle soccer match, a dance track. Sounds good. Hope someone knows it :)

This AFAIR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

^^ You legend. Can't thank you enough :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 stormwarning

im looking for a song with the lyrics "lullaby it's my lullaby" (those are the only lyrics repeated over and over) vocals by female. chillout genre sounds like a remix with 80s sound to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Are The Darkness going to release a new album or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DaGimp

Heard a tune on phantom a few weeks back & was wondering if anyone could ID it. I've attached a midi style MP3 with a few of the notes. (Tune itself is much better :D)
    much appreciated....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭K_1

Anyone know then name of the song on the ad for The Mentalist on RTE at the moment? I think the chorus goes something like ''oh oh oh oh, i've got a love that keeps me waiting'' . . .or something! Have searched everywhere, and I seem to recognise it . . .it sounds a bit like Kasabian I think?! They only play a second of it clearly on the ad. :(

Thanks!

K_1 wrote: »
    Anyone know then name of the song on the ad for The Mentalist on RTE at the moment? I think the chorus goes something like ''oh oh oh oh, i've got a love that keeps me waiting'' . . .or something! Have searched everywhere, and I seem to recognise it . . .it sounds a bit like Kasabian I think?! They only play a second of it clearly on the ad. :(

Thanks!
    It's The Black Keys "Lonely Boy"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

DaGimp wrote: »
    Heard a tune on phantom a few weeks back & was wondering if anyone could ID it. I've attached a midi style MP3 with a few of the notes. (Tune itself is much better :D)
    much appreciated....

The only thing this put me in mind of was Bell Orchestre, but I don't know if that's just your stellar midi. :D

Advertisement