Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

double post...dammit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

What's your definition of Electro/Techno???
    Is it more on the pop side or proper 4/4 beats and 130bpm stuff?

First thing I thought of was this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

cambo2008 wrote: »
    What's your definition of Electro/Techno???
    Is it more on the pop side or proper 4/4 beats and 130bpm stuff?

First thing I thought of was this

and the first thing you thought of...was spot on :)

legend!

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭MarthaMyDear

Hi, looking for an odd song I don't think it's very well known. It's a "rest in peace" type song and it has a few different verses sung by different rappers. I don't think any of them are very famous but it was definitely doing the rounds on youtube a few years ago. They're singing about fallen soldiers, people being killed out on the streets etc and naming some of the people they know that have died. The rapping in the last verse is really weird, it sounds like a robot. It's actually not a good song but there is a girl singing at the start of it and in the middle, a really nice chorus about loosing somebody and saying RIP etc. I know it's not much to go on but it's really important that I find the name ASAP. Back to trawling through youtube videos! I thought the name of it was RIP or something like that but I'm not too sure. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Lithinous

Anyone know the song from RTE's ad 'Weeknights on RTE'. It was a dance song and the only words were "I can't get no sleep"

EDIT: I found it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbyCZGszpxU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Anyone know the song that is at the end of the BBC Olympics Tonight program?

Classical it seems with know lyrics...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 538 ✭✭✭little big planet 2

whats the name of the song its a dance tune i think the video is of a girl raving in an a shopping centre and out on the street and sitting next to an old man on a bench thats as much info as i can give

whats the name of the song its a dance tune i think the video is of a girl raving in an a shopping centre and out on the street and sitting next to an old man on a bench thats as much info as i can give
    Gotta be this no????

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

No?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

:D

Awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 538 ✭✭✭little big planet 2

Gotta be this no????

yep thats it thanks i just love that video

yep thats it thanks i just love that video
    Pretty good yea,I love that dirty techy bassline :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Charlie29

Hi all, apologies if Im repeating a previous question but just spent hours online trying to find the name of a song Ive heard on the radio lately, dont have time to read all of this thread too:eek:

Anyway...and apologies again for lack of detail, but its a song with a male and female voice, reminds me of a country and western duet, but remixed, and theres whistling in it, thats all Ive got! Been on the radio over the last few weeks.

Anybody?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Charlie29 wrote: »
    Hi all, apologies if Im repeating a previous question but just spent hours online trying to find the name of a song Ive heard on the radio lately, dont have time to read all of this thread too:eek:

Anyway...and apologies again for lack of detail, but its a song with a male and female voice, reminds me of a country and western duet, but remixed, and theres whistling in it, thats all Ive got! Been on the radio over the last few weeks.

Anybody?!
    I'd say that's probably Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Charlie29

flyswatter wrote: »
    I'd say that's probably Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros.

High 5 flyswatter thats it!

So its a few years old? Is it only being released over here now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Complete long shot here. 2 of the last 3 weekends I have heard this song in seperate nightclubs, but don't think I've ever heard it before which leads me to believe it's relatively new. A housey/techno song, with a bpm in and around 128/130, no lyrics or vocals. Have searched the top 200 dance songs on iTunes and it isn't there, don't know how anyone would be able to identify this song but if anyone could it would be greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ditzie

I keep hearing this really cheesy song at work, it's driving me crazy trying to find the name of it, I googled the lyrics but still nothing! :( The only lyrics I know are 'We are the lonely hearts' do do do do doo... any ideas anyone?

Ditzie wrote: »
    I keep hearing this really cheesy song at work, it's driving me crazy trying to find the name of it, I googled the lyrics but still nothing! :( The only lyrics I know are 'We are the lonely hearts' do do do do doo... any ideas anyone?
    Hardly this??

Complete long shot here. 2 of the last 3 weekends I have heard this song in seperate nightclubs, but don't think I've ever heard it before which leads me to believe it's relatively new. A housey/techno song, with a bpm in and around 128/130, no lyrics or vocals. Have searched the top 200 dance songs on iTunes and it isn't there, don't know how anyone would be able to identify this song but if anyone could it would be greatly appreciated!
    Jesus that is a long shot :D

Jesus that is a long shot :D
    Way better description needed, house /techno song at 130bpm? Could be any of thousands of songs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

flyswatter wrote: »
    Way better description needed, house /techno song at 130bpm? Could be any of thousands of songs.

I know the tune but would be impossible to put into text! As I said no lyrics or vocals, attempted to take a video of it when it came on but can barely make it out. Both times when it came on I asked a few people if they knew what it was and none of them did, it sounds like a kind of progressive house track maybe, reminds me of something like Avicii or Tim Berg might do or something. Don't really know how to describe it any more to be honest! As I said, complete long shot

Edit: And wouldn't you know like that I found it, turns out it was an Avicii track. Superlove, although the first version I found does have vocals but not the one I heard either night. Thanks guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 br0wn br34d

Does anyone know the song that was at the end of the bbc olympics sportsday program on the 12/8.. it has a slow melody at the start with a man singing and strumming a guitar. The lyrics are something like;

"
    I’ll be giving you day when you don’t want the night, I’llbe keeping awake when you can’t shut your eyes, I’ll be staying up late keepingright by your side, I’ll be giving you everything i got. When the sun's caught your eyes and you wantto go down, I’ll be following close making sure you take care and if you hitthe wrong notes then I won’t leave you there, I’ll be giving you everything I’vegot. "
    I've looked for this everywhere and I can't find it :( If anyone could help me out i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ditzie

Hardly this??

Thanks but nope, it's more indie, kind of reminds me of the smiths but the lyric 'we are the lonely hearts' is the main body of the song...

What about this??
    Fits your description better.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 527 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Does anybody know what advert 'Of monsers and men - Little Talks' is used, if any?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

What's the song used in the (fantastic) paralympics ads on Channel 4? :)

What's the song used in the (fantastic) paralympics ads on Channel 4? :)

The rap one?

Harder Than You Think by Public Enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭osullc10

I heard a song on Q102 yesterday lunchtime but before I could start up my computer to Google the lyrics, I'd forgotten all but "I'm on my knees" or "You've got me on my knees" or something like that! It could be an 80s song, and it's sung by a man. I've definitely heard it before, it's not totally obscure. It's not Layla (Eric Clapton), Human (The Killers) or Cecilia (Simon & Garfunkel) (which all have the key word 'knees' in the lyrics).
    It's wrecking my head!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

osullc10 wrote: »
    I heard a song on Q102 yesterday lunchtime but before I could start up my computer to Google the lyrics, I'd forgotten all but "I'm on my knees" or "You've got me on my knees" or something like that! It could be an 80s song, and it's sung by a man. I've definitely heard it before, it's not totally obscure. It's not Layla (Eric Clapton), Human (The Killers) or Cecilia (Simon & Garfunkel) (which all have the key word 'knees' in the lyrics).
    It's wrecking my head!

Thanks!

Try this one, there is a line about 'falling down to my knees'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭osullc10

eskimocat wrote: »
    Try this one, there is a line about 'falling down to my knees'

Nah, not that one. It's more of an American-sounding soft rock ballad-type song, not really electronica at all.
    Thanks for the suggestion though.

Advertisement