Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

osullc10 wrote: »
    I heard a song on Q102 yesterday lunchtime but before I could start up my computer to Google the lyrics, I'd forgotten all but "I'm on my knees" or "You've got me on my knees" or something like that! It could be an 80s song, and it's sung by a man. I've definitely heard it before, it's not totally obscure. It's not Layla (Eric Clapton), Human (The Killers) or Cecilia (Simon & Garfunkel) (which all have the key word 'knees' in the lyrics).
    It's wrecking my head!

Thanks!

I know you're saying "knees" a lot, but is there any chance it's "feet"?

As in...

TheKBizzle wrote: »
    Does anybody know what advert 'Of monsers and men - Little Talks' is used, if any?

I don't remember hearing it on any advert. You might be thinking of "Home" by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, which was on a Vodafone advert recently? Kind of similar, male and female vocals and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭osullc10

I know you're saying "knees" a lot, but is there any chance it's "feet"?

Ha ha! Brilliant! I'm almost sure that's it. Damn knees and feet and assonance! Thanks!

osullc10 wrote: »
    Ha ha! Brilliant! I'm almost sure that's it. Damn knees and feet and assonance! Thanks!

No probs.

There's a really cool cover version by Boy and Bear too, which I prefer to the original. Doubt it was that one you heard though.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭shrubs

TheKBizzle wrote: »
    Does anybody know what advert 'Of monsers and men - Little Talks' is used, if any?

Don't trust the b in apartment 13, on rte 2 at the moment I believe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 cfcpower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

Have heard a song mix on the radio (iradio) recently which consists of about 4 or 5 songs from the band FIVE and cant find it on youtube or anywhere else cause dont know what its called.
    Anyone any ideas or links would be much appricated!:)

mel1 wrote: »
    Have heard a song mix on the radio (iradio) recently which consists of about 4 or 5 songs from the band FIVE and cant find it on youtube or anywhere else cause dont know what its called.
    It might not be released.Anyone with the slightest knowledge of audio editing and the correct software can throw something like that together pretty easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Maybe you could try searching on youtube as "Five Megamix".
    There was an "official" megamix at their greatest hits album, which was 11 minutes long (and consisted of more than 4-5 songs).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Jackmcg

Looking for a song used in an ad on channel 4 for the paralympics, sounded very like Hudson Mohawke but cant seem to find the exact song and haven't seen the ad since!! anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Jackmcg wrote: »
    Looking for a song used in an ad on channel 4 for the paralympics, sounded very like Hudson Mohawke but cant seem to find the exact song and haven't seen the ad since!! anyone?

Answered this on the previous page.

Nah that a diff add with public enemy, this track was kind of an electric one

Jackmcg wrote: »
    Nah that a diff add with public enemy, this track was kind of an electric one

Do you have a link to the ad?

nope :( searched the whole channel 4 youtube channel and all its killin me!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭connacht100

Hey all,

Does anyone know the song that starts playing at 14.25?

Thanks in advance

There ya go.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭connacht100

Thank You!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kennethk92

I know it quite a annoying one to ask, but on the new Beaver Falls Season 2 Episode 4 (if any one watches it?) there's a rap song at around 4.40 mins,just when the campers are recording the movie with Bobby...Just wondering if anyone knows the name of it? thanks!

kennethk92 wrote: »
    I know it quite a annoying one to ask, but on the new Beaver Falls Season 2 Episode 4 (if any one watches it?) there's a rap song at around 4.40 mins,just when the campers are recording the movie with Bobby...Just wondering if anyone knows the name of it? thanks!

They have track listings from all the episodes on the website, although they don't seem to have updated it for episode 4 yet.

http://www.e4.com/beaverfalls/music/s2-music.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 kennethk92

thanks a million TICKLE_ME_ELMO! they just updated it there! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭nessymon

There was a megamix as a b side on 'Until The Time is Through' CD single - have it somewhere in my cds - will see if I can root it out - was a pretty good mix, think that's why I bought the single

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭jam08

Anyone know the song being used on a History Channel ad at the moment? Lyrics of 'We go out with a bang, let the music happen'.
    Kinda thinking it could be something by the King Blues.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Right, heard a song during the night while working, on the radio, never said who it was.
    Usual sound typing, it was like - du du du du dudu du du du du dudu
    Quite enough voice singing over it/along with it, couldn't hear any of the lyrics. The music, or du part, sounded a bit synthy.

I know thats a bloody awful description. Any help would be unreal.

Right, heard a song during the night while working, on the radio, never said who it was.
    Quite enough voice singing over it/along with it, couldn't hear any of the lyrics. The music, or du part, sounded a bit synthy.

Midnight City by M83?

No, thats not it. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

No, thats not it. :(

Is it like dance music?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

Gonna take a long shot with this!

Is it like dance music?

Kinda, yeah.

I was gonna write the sound out in ableton today, but its completely gone from my head, if I heard it obviously i'd know, but can't get it.

And no^^, thats not it either. thanks though. I think it was a man singing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 DOK94

Anybody know the song used in the latest RTE two Revenge ads ? No lyrics, just an indie electro melody from all the ad has to go on , but sounds interesting and has me eager to hear more,. It was played like 15 minutes ago during a break between that 'Format Farm: The Takeover' if it's of any help, doubt there's many watchers out there though, such poo.

Advertisement