Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Probably Kings of Leon ; Sex on fire.

Overplayed, droning ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭bricky06

I know it's nick kelly singing but can anyone tell me the name of this song?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sokratis

sokratis wrote: »
    Hey guys, I really need identification for this British indie rock song that was played in Croke Park before the start of the MHC? It was played about 10-15 minutes before the game. The lyric I can only remember is something like "youuuuu..", I heard it on 3's coverage so didn't really catch the song properly. Can someone please help? Cheers.
    Varkov wrote: »
    Probably Kings of Leon ; Sex on fire.

Overplayed, droning ****e.

Hey Varkov, it isn't that song, but thanks for helping anyway, appreciate it. (:

Anyone can help me? Anyone was at the MHC replay final yesterday? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭matt.finn

Song on the latest Budweiser ad anyone?

Has a cool bassline at the start, then a couple singers and heavyish guitar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Can someone PLEASE tell me what the song in the background of this ad is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhDciO7iIyY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxIzyFvMUr0 :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭hardwood

I heard a song recently, sounded really like Bjork's voice and all I can remember is part of the chorus with the female singer saying "boom boom boom" (in a very excited Bjork way). Can't seem to find a Bjork song like this, anyone have any idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

hardwood wrote: »
    I heard a song recently, sounded really like Bjork's voice and all I can remember is part of the chorus with the female singer saying "boom boom boom" (in a very excited Bjork way). Can't seem to find a Bjork song like this, anyone have any idea?

?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭hardwood

hardwood wrote: »

?

That's it, thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

Does anybody know the background music in this video at 01:00 and at 12:30?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

I tend to write song names in my phone on nights out when I hear a song I like.

I heard a dance type song the other night. A lad told me it was called "Epic".

Way too vague I know but if anyone has any clue what I'm talking about could you help me?

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I tend to write song names in my phone on nights out when I hear a song I like.

I heard a dance type song the other night. A lad told me it was called "Epic".

Way too vague I know but if anyone has any clue what I'm talking about could you help me?

:D
    Presume it's this???

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Presume it's this???

Hero;)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Miss Congeniality

Hi all
    I heard a song on the last series of the tv show The Block . Its seems to be acoustic and is sung by a female.

It is at 13.22mins in this episode on youtube here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD2g4A7fU7c

The lyrics are:
    "oooooo, let me lay, let me lay, let me lay, let me lie, let me lay, let me lie, oh you built my wooden coffin and you hammered in the nails, you lowered me slowly down to the most shallow grave, and I know that its goodbye though we all meet again, in the ground, in the earth, in the air/end"

I have tried searching for the lyrics online, tried searching the block website but alas no luck!!! Its a beautiful melody and i would love to know who its by.....
    so if anyone could help me name it , I'd be forever in their debt :D

Just wondering if anyone had any info on my above request??? Still no answers and its still driving me mad...:(:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Hi all
    I heard a song on the last series of the tv show The Block . Its seems to be acoustic and is sung by a female.

It is at 13.22mins in this episode on youtube here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD2g4A7fU7c

The lyrics are:
    "oooooo, let me lay, let me lay, let me lay, let me lie, let me lay, let me lie, oh you built my wooden coffin and you hammered in the nails, you lowered me slowly down to the most shallow grave, and I know that its goodbye though we all meet again, in the ground, in the earth, in the air/end"

I have tried searching for the lyrics online, tried searching the block website but alas no luck!!! Its a beautiful melody and i would love to know who its by.....
    so if anyone could help me name it , I'd be forever in their debt :D

Just wondering if anyone had any info on my above request??? Still no answers and its still driving me mad...:(:mad:
    I see its an Australian show, i notice the music used in Aussie shows I've seen is often music I've never heard or recognized before, home and away etc. Could be written for the show specifically or maybe an upcoming obscure artist wanting to get exposure and licensing their music cheaply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Does anybody know the background music in this video at 01:00 and at 12:30?

Heliospan - Aphex Twin is the first one.

There's a list of songs used on the webpage:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00sfsnd

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭paulbok

What is the song / band that has kermit and the muppets singing the song with the band?
    It starts off with Kermit singing and then the rest (mostly the electric mayhem band) join in.
    It looks like the video has been set up on the street of some city with the passers by stopping and recording it with their phones.

I think the 1st couple of lines have the lyrics, "everybody wants to talk to me, wants to talk to me".

It's definatelt not Keep Fishing by Wheezer.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

^ Is it LCD Soundsystem, Dance Yrslf Clean?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭paulbok

Very apt that Elmo got this correct. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭babynice

Hi! Just wondering does anyone know this song: I'd say it came out recently, or maybe a few months ago. It's a girl singing "Oh oh darling, I will follow you".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Just wondering if anyone can help me ive spent the last year trying to find this version of Still Alive by Lisa Miskovsky. My Shazam can only pick up the end when their not speaking over the background music. I've been through a playlist of 170 of the still alive vids on youtube but still no luck.

Any help appreciated

• Advertisement

babynice wrote: »
    Hi! Just wondering does anyone know this song: I'd say it came out recently, or maybe a few months ago. It's a girl singing "Oh oh darling, I will follow you".
    I think it's about time that tune was stickied here.
    Lykke Li - I Follow Rivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭babynice

Thank you so much!

babynice wrote: »
    Thank you so much!
    No bother. It comes up every few days :D

Yeah, change the name of the thread to 'The "What's That Song" Thread [It's probably Lykke Li]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

I''m trying to think of a song that's fairly old. Its in Latin I think and a classical song and very well known. The lyrics kinda go du du du du which kind of start off very low and then they scream the lyrics

areyawell wrote: »
    I''m trying to think of a song that's fairly old. Its in Latin I think and a classical song and very well known. The lyrics kinda go du du du du which kind of start off very low and then they scream the lyrics
    It's hardly Time To Say Goodbye - Sarah Brightman & Andrea Bocelli ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Im more of a dubstep fan, so this probably isn't right. :o

Does anybody know the music from the Resident Evil 6 ad that does be on a lot lately.
    It's just a piano piece.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Im more of a dubstep fan, so this probably isn't right. :o

No thats not it. thanks for trying

• Advertisement

this?

Advertisement