Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Thank you. Thats the one!. Was wrecking my head for months!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Does anybody know the music from the Resident Evil 6 ad that does be on a lot lately.
    It's just a piano piece.

Is it this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Kolido wrote: »
    Is it this?
    Cheers. That sounds about right. It's a slightly different variation that's used in the ad but yea, that's the one alright. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 midsummer91

this song and im not sure who its buy but it goes "i want you to want me I need you to need me" and its kinda fast music punky kinda but i think it might be a cover version of an older song its in john tucker must die.any ideas would be greatly appreciated

The original is "I want you to want me" by Cheap Trick.

I think the version they use in John Tucker Must Die is the same as in 10 Things I Hate About You, by Letters to Cleo. Not sure, its similar at least. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ouGtW_5d6A

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭keano89

Anyone know the song at the start of this:

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10065287/

Its the new song used for RTE's international soccer coverage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

keano89 wrote: »
    Anyone know the song at the start of this:

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10065287/

Its the new song used for RTE's international soccer coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭miftha

Anyone know the artist/name of this dance tune (21 sec clip is all I have)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=18dLOn2qeFk

Hey this is a tough one from what I'm going to give you but here goes...

It's got a strange intro, it's new enough, this year anyway. The intro is like sort of ominous and out of character with the rest of the song, like deep trumpets from an old movie when a bad guy is walking onto the scene. It has no lyrics I don't think, it's just a sort of a Deadmau5/daft punk-esque beat after the intro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Sacramento wrote: »
    Hey this is a tough one from what I'm going to give you but here goes...

It's got a strange intro, it's new enough, this year anyway. The intro is like sort of ominous and out of character with the rest of the song, like deep trumpets from an old movie when a bad guy is walking onto the scene. It has no lyrics I don't think, it's just a sort of a Deadmau5/daft punk-esque beat after the intro.

This isn't that new but...

Namlub wrote: »
    Justice-Genesis

Spot on! thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Okay get your mid 90s music hat on, the song is probably best remembered for its video which featured a male singer (German?) who is surrounded by tanned naked women whos naughty bits always remain unseen as they snake around the set and each other. Its bugging me can anyone help?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

mike65 wrote: »
    Okay get your mid 90s music hat on, the song is probably best remembered for its video which featured a male singer (German?) who is surrounded by tanned naked women whos naughty bits always remain unseen as they snake around the set and each other. Its bugging me can anyone help?

Is this it? The Beloved-Sweet Harmony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cheers! I can rest easy now :)

Hmm not German but his singing has an "accent" alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

I only remembered the video because of the naked women! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭unknownlegend

Heard a song in the gym and I can't find out who It's by or the name of it.

Laid back, almost ambient feel
    Mostly a guy singing, sometimes a woman.
    Caught a lyric: "dont mean to interrupt"
    Lyrics to the effect of "I love the way you move" and "I love the way she treats me??"

Done a bit of googling, false positives by Zion, r. Kelly, ne-yo, j. cole etc, but its definitely not in the rap genre.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Anyone know what song is on the latest Eircom Radio advert?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

BX 19 wrote: »
    Anyone know what song is on the latest Eircom Radio advert?

Havn't heard the radio ad but this is from the tv ad

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭TheCatsMeow

There's a song that I think is from Blade Runner. I don't think there's any lyrics it's just a mixture of sax or trumpets with computerised sound. Can't think of a better description. :o It's used in a lot of shows for background music. It was in a gardening programme tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Menelaun

Hi I need help finding the song from this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCAlqBamBjs I know its the concierto de aranjuez but cannot find this version even the artists name would be quite helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

this might be a huge longshot but was in a nightclub yesterday and heard this what sounded newish song the main words were down down down down down, get(not too sure if it was get) down down down down down. and was sort of dancey music not full techno if anyone knows please let me know

i know long shot thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Rud wrote: »
    Havn't heard the radio ad but this is from the tv ad

Boards delivers! Thanks, I heard it again this evening, couldn't even get a lyric out of it to google :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rykun

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Menelaun

Rykun wrote: »

Its I just wanna be by Born Blade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

DaNiEl1994 wrote: »
    this might be a huge longshot but was in a nightclub yesterday and heard this what sounded newish song the main words were down down down down down, get(not too sure if it was get) down down down down down. and was sort of dancey music not full techno if anyone knows please let me know

Not a new song, 90's house track I think but this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

There's a song that I think is from Blade Runner. I don't think there's any lyrics it's just a mixture of sax or trumpets with computerised sound. Can't think of a better description. :o It's used in a lot of shows for background music. It was in a gardening programme tonight.

If it's in Blade Runner, it will be Vangelis. You'll have to look through his soundtrack to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

flyswatter wrote: »
    Not a new song, 90's house track I think but this?

no not it, but thanks for trying starting to lose all hope ill find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Anybody know the name of the song from the ad on Channel 4 for the 2012 Barclays Mercury prize?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 d49nbrwuac0is8

DaNiEl1994 wrote: »

next time u hear a song, call ur own number and leave the voicemail with the song on in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭connacht100

Hey all,

Can anyone tell me what the song playing in the background of this video is? The audio quality is terrible but its a fairly famous song I think.

Thanks in advance!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLX2odFgNxQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

ok folks...this is a long shot but here goes,,,

early to mid 70s, one hit wonder, english band

its a weird tune..starts with military drums and flute ...i remember the performance on totp some old woman dressed like a witch dancing around...guy with beard(?) singing a phrase over & over like bottle of rum (?)

really obscure song

Advertisement