Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

fryup wrote: »
    ok folks...this is a long shot but here goes,,,

early to mid 70s, one hit wonder, english band

its a weird tune..starts with military drums and flute ...i remember the performance on totp some old woman dressed like a witch dancing around...guy with beard(?) singing a phrase over & over like bottle of rum (?)

really obscure song
    Is this it? They look like pirates singing bottle of rum allright, although they're singing mouldy old dough..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^

thanks didn't think anyone would know

(kinda creepy tune)

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^

thanks didn't think anyone would know

(kinda creepy tune)
    AFAIK it was to do with the changeover from old money to decimalisation hence the useless 'mouldy old dough'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

What is the name of the tune on the Australian-themed McDonalds advertisement? It features a koala cuddly-toy, an fly swat that is in the shape of Australia and, of course, a burger. The tune sounds familiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Hobbit101

Hey guys does anyone know a song with the lyrics
    "I got out,I got out,I got out"

It is new enough and I would say the singer is English.

EDIT:Jake Bugg,Two Fingers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 d49nbrwuac0is8

DaNiEl1994 wrote: »
    this might be a huge longshot but was in a nightclub yesterday and heard this what sounded newish song the main words were down down down down down, get(not too sure if it was get) down down down down down. and was sort of dancey music not full techno if anyone knows please let me know

i know long shot thanks in advance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-WwACii-Bs

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭matt.finn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

matt.finn wrote: »
    I immediately thought of this

That's what I thought too, but he said that wasn't the song.

Guys , help me with this one from a strikeforce a while ago, it kicks in after fight at 02:07

www.dailymotion.com/video/k35fHpJk9eeuIq3i1dF

crazy ass organ sound coming off it.

Guys , help me with this one from a strikeforce a while ago, it kicks in after fight at 02:07

www.dailymotion.com/video/k35fHpJk9eeuIq3i1dF

crazy ass organ sound coming off it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

DaNiEl1994 wrote: »
    this might be a huge longshot but was in a nightclub yesterday and heard this what sounded newish song the main words were down down down down down, get(not too sure if it was get) down down down down down. and was sort of dancey music not full techno if anyone knows please let me know

i know long shot thanks in advance
    Something tells me to post Blessed by Avicii?

endakenny wrote: »
    What is the name of the tune on the Australian-themed McDonalds advertisement? It features a koala cuddly-toy, an fly swat that is in the shape of Australia and, of course, a burger. The tune sounds familiar.

Here it is...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Sorcha16

If anyone could please tell me the name of the song in the new Eircom Broadband ad, it would make me a very happy girl! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Sorcha16 wrote: »
    If anyone could please tell me the name of the song in the new Eircom Broadband ad, it would make me a very happy girl! :)

there was a similar discussion couple of pages ago, if it is the same ad the song is Oblivion by Grimes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Sorcha16

Irish Aris wrote: »
    there was a similar discussion couple of pages ago, if it is the same ad the song is Oblivion by Grimes.

Yes thank you, it is -I guess I'm not the only one who loves it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 JustACitizen

santino wrote: »
    I'd really appreciate help with this one

It's the song from the Savage Sunday show on Today FM on Sunday mornings

Here's a link:

http://media.todayfm.com/listenback/113/sunday/1/popup

it starts about 2.53 mins in

I'm sure I've heard it before, possibly in a movie
    Cheers and thanks

Soul Vibration - J walk from the album "A night on the rocks"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbpDDL36z4w

• Registered Users Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭Worztron

This may have been a Badly Drawn Boy song (although it may not). I recall watching a video to this song from No Disco -- the beautiful late Uaneen Fitzsimons was presenting at the time. In the video - a guy looks out a window and sees loads of clowns coming to his party.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

next time u hear a song, call ur own number and leave the voicemail with the song on in the background.

Or just record it like normal people :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Sorcha16 wrote: »
    Yes thank you, it is -I guess I'm not the only one who loves it! :)

yes, it's great that they use it for the ad.
    Her album is very good and she is brilliant live!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cathal O Grada

Cheers man.what a great song and video

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭wolf99

Anyone know the very last tune in the Mel Gibson movie "Get the Gringo"?

Its right towards the end of the credits, a bit of slow bluesy guitar and banjo music that doesn't appear to be on the soundtrack and Shazam doesnt recognise it :( ...

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭gian

Hello music lovers! im here to ask if anyone of you guys know the title of the music used in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UxM_VBqwsk

Ive been searching for the title of that music eversince i heard it from SAS survival secrets 4 years ago and i must say it is a really hard title to find so im here asking for help that maybe some of you guys are familiar of it? thanks and hope to hear from you guys soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭MadMardegan

Have had this song in my head for ages but can't find the name of it.
    The only lyrics I know are:

"In 1999, in Italia, when Schillaci put the ball in the net, Ireland! Ireland! Republic of Ireland! You're never gonna beat us yet!"... Or something like that :D

It was an Ireland football song in the 90's but I just can't find the name of it.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

"In 1999, in Italia, when Schillaci put the ball in the net, Ireland! Ireland! Republic of Ireland! You're never gonna beat us yet!"... Or something like that :D

It was an Ireland football song in the 90's but I just can't find the name of it.

Thanks

This the one?

Ireland Ireland Repub-a-lick of Ireland revvin up and here we go!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭MadMardegan

RikkFlair wrote: »

This the one?

Ireland Ireland Repub-a-lick of Ireland revvin up and here we go!

Definitely sounds like the same tune I had in my head but there's no mention of Schillaci in that song.
    Maybe it was a different version available on cassette in the 90's?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Evo

probably a long shot, but does any recognise the song starting at 4:00 .. I know it's hard to hear but someone might know it.

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Thanks

This one maybe? The official 1994 Ireland song, long forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭osullc10

Could anyone identify the song starting around 7:30 in this programme on Bill O'Herlihy that was on RTE this evening?
    http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10086208/
    Thanks

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

osullc10 wrote: »
    Could anyone identify the song starting around 7:30 in this programme on Bill O'Herlihy that was on RTE this evening?
    http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10086208/
    Thanks

It's "Intro" by The XX.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭osullc10

It's "Intro" by The XX.
    Cool, thanks!

Advertisement