Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Sorcha16

This thread has never let me down yet so here goes with this one -can somebody please enlighten me as to what the dance song, usually heard in niteclubs that basically goes like this repeatedly "A-a-a-a-a, ah-ah-ah-ah-ah" is please?

Am beginning to think my Googling skills are rather weak! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Sorcha16 wrote: »
    This thread has never let me down yet so here goes with this one -can somebody please enlighten me as to what the dance song, usually heard in niteclubs that basically goes like this repeatedly "A-a-a-a-a, ah-ah-ah-ah-ah" is please?

Am beginning to think my Googling skills are rather weak! :)

Could be this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Sorcha16

Namlub wrote: »
    Could be this?

Precisely it -I wuv this thread more all the time, thank you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

There is a song with the lyrics 'I'm going out tonight, I'm gonna have myself....'. It like something from The Jam era..can't find it anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭keano89

Definitely sounds like the same tune I had in my head but there's no mention of Schillaci in that song.
    Maybe it was a different version available on cassette in the 90's?

I know there are two versions of the "Give it a lash Jack" song; the 1990 version and a version brought out for the 94 world cup called "give it a lash again", that could be the one your after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭usher1890

Looking for a song by the music video, guy in his late 20's/30's with red hair (not Ed Sheeran), I think it's a fairly tight haircut and if I'm not mistaken he is going bald. Anyways he is singing in an empty room, sitting on a chair just in front of a window singing by himself, song is a bit up tempo I think for a guy just singing with a guitar any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Im not looking for a particular song here but instead, a type of bass riff. I know ive heard simialr before but cant place any song in particular.

I apologise in advance for the most non-dscript description you are about to hear;

Im looking for a song where the intro starts with any instrument and then the bass comes in, but the bass doesnt come in steady - it maybe plays a note, has a small gap and then plays some more staccato notes, almost as if its giving a hint of a riff or positioning itself to let people know the bass is about to explode onto the scene.

Lets see what you guys can produce :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

NoQuarter wrote: »
    Im not looking for a particular song here but instead, a type of bass riff. I know ive heard simialr before but cant place any song in particular.

I apologise in advance for the most non-dscript description you are about to hear;

Im looking for a song where the intro starts with any instrument and then the bass comes in, but the bass doesnt come in steady - it maybe plays a note, has a small gap and then plays some more staccato notes, almost as if its giving a hint of a riff or positioning itself to let people know the bass is about to explode onto the scene.

Lets see what you guys can produce :D

Positive Tension by Bloc Party?

Weird electronic noises for a few seconds. Bass comes in with a few notes, becomes more prominent. Staccato vibe off it, as are the drums and the angular riffs.

I'd check out post-punk music, particularly Gang of Four.

That's just my feeling on your description.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

Does anyone know who does the song on the new Spar Christmas Ad?

Thanks

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

eire1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know who does the song on the new Spar Christmas Ad?

Thanks

It's a cover of "The Christmas Song" by The Ravonettes, done by Gemma Hayes and Richie Egan from Jape. It's on itunes, I think, or will be on it soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I've just seen the episode of Father Ted where Father Stack is up late listening to jungle music. I found it on Tumblr but there's no inclination as to what the song's called or the band who performs it.
    It sounds like incoherent nonsense to be perfectly honest but it has a good jungle beat and I'd like it as my ringtone. :pac:
    It sounds like "Lick in the jungle big bad-aboom! Licky licky junga big baggy boom".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭connacht100

Have had this song in my head for ages but can't find the name of it.
    The only lyrics I know are:

"In 1999, in Italia, when Schillaci put the ball in the net, Ireland! Ireland! Republic of Ireland! You're never gonna beat us yet!"... Or something like that :D

It was an Ireland football song in the 90's but I just can't find the name of it.

Thanks

This is a Billy Joel rip off sung by The Memories about the Irish soccer team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdnZgmwA9h4

And this was the official Ireland song for the 2002 World Cup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t31p8kd35KU

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

It's a cover of "The Christmas Song" by The Ravonettes, done by Gemma Hayes and Richie Egan from Jape. It's on itunes, I think, or will be on it soon.

Thanks so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

whats the song in the new Eircom ad? sounds kinda japanese

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

whats the song in the new Eircom ad? sounds kinda japanese
    This the one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

thats the one allright, listening again it IS in english, who knew?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

I'm looking for a song, it's a cheesy dance tune with a weird video of dancers with animal costume heads, from the 90's I think...

vektarman wrote: »
    I'm looking for a song, it's a cheesy dance tune with a weird video of dancers with animal costume heads, from the 90's I think...
    Is it this???

• Advertisement

Actually this fits your description better.

Neither of those I'm afraid, but thanks for the Dario G one, I haven't heard that one for ages...

Ok, found it , did I say cheesy..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Hi I`m looking for a song I think is called "Glorious" by possibly the Concretes or Monster or maybe neither. I think the lead singer is female. The chorus is kind of like " It`s a glor-e-us day, it`s a glor-e-us day".

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

miftha wrote: »
    Anyone know the artist/name of this dance tune (21 sec clip is all I have)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=18dLOn2qeFk

Eternal Summer - Gareth Johnson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCz_I0lGoOY

Menelaun wrote: »
    Hi I need help finding the song from this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCAlqBamBjs I know its the concierto de aranjuez but cannot find this version even the artists name would be quite helpful

CunninLynguists - Tear Trax instrumental

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDqNBF6TXoc

Aidric wrote: »
    There is a song with the lyrics 'I'm going out tonight, I'm gonna have myself....'. It like something from The Jam era..can't find it anywhere

If the lyrics are a bit off it could be

The Smiths - Charming Man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGnjrTkv1gs

• Registered Users Posts: 15 j23c

Would be great if you could help me out.
    orl11 wrote: »
    Strike all that I just found it on itunes - download the single for 99 cent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Hey all,

I'm looking for the name of a xmas song.

Its a choir, its in quiet a haunting tone, in the song they do a reverse order of 12 days of xmas.

Its very famous, i just heard an excerpt on the radio a few minutes ago and its recking my head.

Cheers in advance guys

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Gaynna

Anyone know the name of the song in this video?

Advertisement