Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

DB10 wrote: »
    Homeland RTE advert newest one, music?

Come on! You don't even have to scroll the page to see it's above you! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Okay here we go again.

I'm looking for a rap song. Its a old enough song, it starts off with really creepy music.

Thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Okay here we go again.

I'm looking for a rap song. Its a old enough song, it starts off with really creepy music.

Eminem - Stan? or is it older? American?

kerash wrote: »
    Eminem - Stan? or is it older? American?

No, thanks very much for trying. It's not a white artist or biggie, 2pac, 50, or Xezibit. I think it's someone that sounds similar to coolio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Okay here we go again.

Biiit of a vague description but this was the first thing that came to mind (the bit that starts around 55 seconds)

• Advertisement

Namlub wrote: »
    Biiit of a vague description but this was the first thing that came to mind (the bit that starts around 55 seconds)

:eek: JAYSUS! Thats it cheers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭gandhi123

I'm looking for the name of an acoustic guitar song. Male singer.

99% sure the lyrics contain the following;

"I say goodbye, just to say hello"

Sounds a bit like Paolo Nutini but its not :(.

Please help..

my head is melted:P

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭gandhi123

gandhi123 wrote: »
    I'm looking for the name of an acoustic guitar song. Male singer.

99% sure the lyrics contain the following;

"I say goodbye, just to say hello"

Sounds a bit like Paolo Nutini but its not :(.

Please help..

my head is melted:P
    Found it.. It's 'Say Hello' by Gavin James

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUAMmJ80A_Q

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

I was at a party the other night & they played a decent enough Christmas tune by Cliff Richard.

It was from before Misletone & wine.

I'd say it was from the late 1980s.

It wasn't Saviours Day.

It seemed a decent enough pop tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Piano instrumental used on the rte sports awards just now introducing Henry shefflin. I've heard it in a few shows recently, very slow/sombre tempo. Anyone any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 6 The Peoples Champion

Anyone know the name of this song? Ignore the voices because I believe they're part of a wrestling promos that were edited over the instrumental piece.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ilwzc3Pmk0k

• Site Banned Posts: 6 The Peoples Champion

Anyone know the name of this song? Ignore the voices because I believe they're part of wrestling promos that were edited over the instrumental piece.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

There are 2 classical music songs going through my head, cant think of the names of them! One is that oboe instrumental that used to be on the Aer Lingus ad, the other was on an kleenex ad (I think) years ago, it shows a boy and a girl running through narrow streets somewhere foreign!!! Sorry I cant pinpoint it any further!

EDIT: Yet another one, the one off the old British airways ad aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

They're the ones!!! Whats the name of the songs?

Here's the kleenex ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbV9vlyHxz0&playnext=1&list=PLC99A00B99D7C7389&feature=results_main

Bit of a vague one here. There's this piece of classical music stuck in my head, it might be in an ad for something, not sure, but the start of it is maybe a cello playing quite low notes, just a short melody repeated a few times, then the rest of the instruments come in???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Was song at the end of the F1 coverage today. Male vocals lyrics went some thing like:

"To those dreams when we were young
    keep on shining when your gone
    you were always my number one"

or some thing like like.

Edit: Alister Griffen

Bit of a vague one here. There's this piece of classical music stuck in my head, it might be in an ad for something, not sure, but the start of it is maybe a cello playing quite low notes, just a short melody repeated a few times, then the rest of the instruments come in???

This might be it...

That's not it, but quite helpful none the less as it wiped the other tune completely from my head and then I realised what it actually was, which was this....

Not a classical piece at all! :)

• Advertisement

newmug wrote: »
    They're the ones!!! Whats the name of the songs?

Here's the kleenex ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbV9vlyHxz0&playnext=1&list=PLC99A00B99D7C7389&feature=results_main

Anyone?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

newmug wrote: »
    Anyone?

Its Intermezzo by Cavalleria Rusticana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OvsVSWB4TI

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Belmono

Davd wrote: »
    Looking for the name of a song/tune played during an NFL commercial on Sky Sports. Starts with trumpets/horns playing.

Think it's Sam and the Womp - you can check at the following link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsy7kJyizoc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Israel_Dagg

Anyone know the name of the song that was played for the countdown to the new year in dublin?

Think it might have been alesso or one of those djs?

EDIT: Yes, it's Alesso - Years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

Who sings the song on the trailer for the next series of "Raw"? The same song was also used for the trailer on "The Movie Show"? It sounds like:

Ah-Ah-Ah, ah-ah, ah-ah-ah

Oh-Oh, oh-oh-oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh-oh-oh

Why does RTÉ use tunes the singers of which most viewers don't know for trailers of its programmes?

Furthermore I remember the song that was used by RTÉ as the soundtrack of its coverage of the 1996 Summer Olympics. It sounded African and its lyrics sounded like:

Aye aye aye, oh aye aye aye
    Oh aye aye aye aye aye aye aye aye aye aye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

Who sings the song on the trailer for the next series of "Raw"? The same song was also used for the trailer on "The Movie Show"? It sounds like:

Ah-Ah-Ah, ah-ah, ah-ah-ah

Oh-Oh, oh-oh-oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh-oh-oh

Why does RTÉ use tunes the singers of which most viewers don't know for trailers of its programmes?

Furthermore I remember the song that was used by RTÉ as the soundtrack of its coverage of the 1996 Summer Olympics. It sounded African and its lyrics sounded like:

Aye aye aye, oh aye aye aye
    Oh aye aye aye aye aye aye aye aye aye aye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Sounds like this.

Is that a seperate song you're asking about from the Olympics?

Maybe this?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭tadgho

anyone know what the song playing in the background at 17:30 in this is?? (from ''Jimmys Winnin Matches'' documentary). ive heard it before and probably know the song but cant figure it out and its driving me mad!!!

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10100008/

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Jimmy Macnulty

tadgho wrote: »
    anyone know what the song playing in the background at 17:30 in this is?? (from ''Jimmys Winnin Matches'' documentary). ive heard it before and probably know the song but cant figure it out and its driving me mad!!!

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10100008/

That would be Peace by Paul Kelly
    It was used in Al Pachinos speech on any given Sunday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

I was watching the Horse Racing Documentary Jump Boys on TG4 last night and there was uptempo indie song played about halfway through as they were talking to Davy Russell

There was a guitar solo in it. I have heard the song before but can't think of the name of it. Could anyone help?

http://www.tg4.ie/en/tg4-player/tg4-player.html

It starts at 9 minutes in Part 3 and plays in the background

Advertisement