Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Sounds like this.

Is that a seperate song you're asking about from the Olympics?

Maybe this?

I'm not sure about the first but thanks for letting me know the singer and title of the song that was the soundtrack to the 1996 Olympics coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Does anyone know the name of the Dixieland track for the Mr Selfridge on tv3? Its in loads of movies, usually in a speakeasy scene! Driving me insane!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Does anyone know the song that RTE use in their ad for the RTE sport coverage 2013?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Plambey

endakenny wrote: »
    Who sings the song on the trailer for the next series of "Raw"? The same song was also used for the trailer on "The Movie Show"? It sounds like:

Ah-Ah-Ah, ah-ah, ah-ah-ah

Oh-Oh, oh-oh-oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh-oh-oh

Why does RTÉ use tunes the singers of which most viewers don't know for trailers of its programmes?

Furthermore I remember the song that was used by RTÉ as the soundtrack of its coverage of the 1996 Summer Olympics. It sounded African and its lyrics sounded like:

Aye aye aye, oh aye aye aye
    Oh aye aye aye aye aye aye aye aye aye aye

that song is by Irish band Heathers, its called Waiter.

also i think its better that they use up and coming music that actually suits ads rather than mainstream songs that are already over played on the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Plambey

lookin for the name of a newish british singer, male, around twenty years old or so, who's second name begins with K but is something you'd normally associate begining with C, sings this song and in the background, a chorus of people sing something like "i won't be there" or something similar, and as the song progresses, the words they sing in the background change to something else but along same lines, "we will be there" or somethin.

also, he sounds a lot like James Morrison

edit. found it, josh kumra

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Amprodude wrote: »
    Does anyone know the song that RTE use in their ad for the RTE sport coverage 2013?

Found it. Its called

To Build a Home - The Cinematic Orchestra

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Dangerdunf

Anyone know the name of this song? Ignore the voices because I believe they're part of wrestling promos that were edited over the instrumental piece.

Murderers by John Frusciante

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Johnson mooney and o'brian bread ad. The song something like this: I will take you back, to the land we lived for each other...

Please help. :o

Johnson mooney and o'brian bread ad. The song something like this: I will take you back, to the land we lived for each other...

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Icarus Wings

Oddly enough, it seems to have been actually written for the ad. It's called "When the world was yours and mine", written by Kevin Breathnach and Billy Larkin, sung by Mark Kilbride -

• Advertisement

Oddly enough, it seems to have been actually written for the ad. It's called "When the world was yours and mine", written by Kevin Breathnach and Billy Larkin, sung by Mark Kilbride -

Thanks very much, I'm a fella and I like that song, It gives me images in my head of what life would have been like when my grand father was young. :) Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭hoodini89

Anyone remember a dance song from the late 90s/early noughties that was mostly melodic but had a woman random saying 'I want you...I need you' throughout?

Song has been stuck in my head and I've tried googling it but to no avail!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

Plambey wrote: »
    that song is by Irish band Heathers, its called Waiter.

also i think its better that they use up and coming music that actually suits ads rather than mainstream songs that are already over played on the radio.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

hoodini89 wrote: »
    Anyone remember a dance song from the late 90s/early noughties that was mostly melodic but had a woman random saying 'I want you...I need you' throughout?

Song has been stuck in my head and I've tried googling it but to no avail!
    Sounds like Luvstruck by Southside Spinners.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dricky74

Can anyone find the original theme song from RTE's Sports Stadium back in the 70's, before they changed it to The Final Countdown........? I've searched everywhere without luck. Beginning to think I imagined it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

dricky74 wrote: »
    Can anyone find the original theme song from RTE's Sports Stadium back in the 70's, before they changed it to The Final Countdown........? I've searched everywhere without luck. Beginning to think I imagined it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9xpLhdNbtE

It should be on that - its from an LP of all the old RTE tv themes

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dricky74

Brilliant. Thanks Axwell. Thats been gnawing away at me for years (not sure why). Cud never remeber the theme, but knew there was something before the 'revamp' using The Final Countdown. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

Hey,

I've been looking for the name of the piano piece played at the beginning of this video for ages but can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know the name of it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4ptZQJUOjo

Any help is much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tampler

Folks, anyone know the name of the song playing in this ad?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

tampler wrote: »
    Folks, anyone know the name of the song playing in this ad?

Can't hear it properly but the bit I can hear sounds like...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭gavindowd

Seriously need to find someone with Matt Backer's Foolz Errand. Can someone send me the MP3 Please?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭upstairs for coffee

All I know is that the chorus is - "...it's a Saturday night got to give it to me..."

Can't for the life of me remember the song.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭frank9901

think its this one
    Sugarplum Fairy
    The Soul Of The Sun

lyrics here
    http://textovipjesama.com/tekst/839288/the-soul-of-the-sun

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭upstairs for coffee

Nope, sorry! Thanks though.

I can't really describe other than the lyric is not so much sung as spoken. "It's a saturday night got to give it to me". reminds me of moby but not him.

driving me nuts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Moved to Music.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭dasdog

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Silent Runner

Hi,

I'm looking for this song I've heard a few years ago, very similar to the Saw Doctors. I'v never heard the full song. Anyways it goes a little like "...From west meath to Dublin.." "At the end of the day, What more can I say" I heard it on mid west radio

Sounds like a great song but can't ID it and it's really buggin me!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Hi,

I'm looking for this song I've heard a few years ago, very similar to the Saw Doctors. I'v never heard the full song. Anyways it goes a little like "...From west meath to Dublin.." "At the end of the day, What more can I say" I heard it on mid west radio

Sounds like a great song but can't ID it and it's really buggin me!

Thanks

This only kinda matches your lyrics but it might be it - I'll be on my way by the Saw Doctors...

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement