Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Anyone know the song in this video please?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik5E7f_4sY8&list=UUUsUoR-uhgKS3jL0ZfLFwMQ

Reminds me of And So I Watch You From Afar or another instrumental band like that..

Cheers!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Eod100 wrote: »

Reminds me of And So I Watch You From Afar or another instrumental band like that..

Cheers!

Sounds like Explosions In The Sky. No idea which song though.

Sounds like Explosions In The Sky. No idea which song though.

Pretty sure you're right actually! Cheers! If anyone know's the song post it up please!

Eod100 wrote: »

Cheers!

Found out it's Explosions In The Sky - Yasmin The Light in case anyone's interested!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Just after RTE news before the sport a song came on for some 60th celebration... It went like this as pronouncing these letters: A O A O A A O A O..

A = Ay
    O = Oh

Someone out there may no what it is :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭gavindowd

Just after RTE news before the sport a song came on for some 60th celebration... It went like this as pronouncing these letters: A O A O A A O A O..

I can talk - two door cinema club

Give this a try....

gavindowd wrote: »
    I can talk - two door cinema club

Give this a try....

No don't think it was this.. The Ay Oh's where longer... So was like Ayyyyy Ohhhh Ayyy Ohhh etc... :p But still, like that tune ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

I think I know the song you are talking about, but I dont know who sings it, and Im not exactly sure of the words..but it sounds a bit like this..

"talking bout A O!, A O! come see me right on, talking bout...A O A O! Come see me right on"....

those words are prb wrong, but it might give others a bit more to go on...

@Kettleson - You could be thinking of Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Snow (Hey OH)

Just got it there. It actually is this song. My description was as clear as I got from first listen but anyways here it is if anyone else wants a listen:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

A = Ay
    O = Oh

Maybe

Edit: Dammit, a minute too late!

• Advertisement

neil_18_ wrote: »
    Maybe

Edit: Dammit, a minute too late!

Haha yeah I had to go through the 9 o clock news on RTE Player to get it using Shazan, but at least you got it anyways :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

@Kettleson - You could be thinking of Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Snow (Hey OH)

Just got it there. It actually is this song. My description was as clear as I got from first listen but anyways here it is if anyone else wants a listen:

LOL! yeah prb...tasty number this one too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

What is the title of the classical tune of the Galgorm Resort ad and who composed it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭Icarus Wings

Hey guys, any ideas on what music is on the RTÉ Revenge ad for the past week or two?

It's that one where the announcer starts with "When you seek revenge...". No lyrics but it begins with a steady brass section (trumpets possibly?) and suddenly kicks into a fast paced dance section...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

Hey guys, any ideas on what music is on the RTÉ Revenge ad for the past week or two?

It's that one where the announcer starts with "When you seek revenge...". No lyrics but it begins with a steady brass section (trumpets possibly?) and suddenly kicks into a fast paced dance section...

xx intro?

notnumber wrote: »
    xx intro?

Good guess, but more along the lines of a classical music vibe at the start... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

syklops wrote: »
    Funnily enough I am looking for the song played for reality bites: bride to be. ANyone know it? Its a female singer.

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

Last Guess- Devotchka end of time?

There's an Electric Ireland ad on youtube, one of those ones that comes up before a video, and it's got a song on it. A guy singing, can only remember the end of it, something like "shine on, shine on, shine on, shine on you." Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cmcgrenra

Heard some of a song on the radio the last day, but didn't hear the name of it. Chorus was along the lines of the words of that old Magpie ryhme, "One for sorrow, Two for Joy, etc...". Pretty sure it was just 2 Irish girls singing A cappella. Really haunting. Would love to listen to it again properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭gavindowd

There's an Electric Ireland ad on youtube, one of those ones that comes up before a video, and it's got a song on it. A guy singing, can only remember the end of it, something like "shine on, shine on, shine on, shine on you." Any ideas?

Shine on by the Kooks ?

notnumber wrote: »
    Last Guess- Devotchka end of time?

Great song! :D

...but still not the one on the Revenge ad... :confused: Thanks though!

gavindowd wrote: »
    Shine on by the Kooks ?

Nope, not that. Thanks though.

Will have to sit on youtube for an hour or two hoping it pops up again so I can get the rest of the words. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 AsanteSamuel22

This is gonna be a tough one based on my lack of info, but can you name the recent song that sounds a bit like the melody of one republic 'counting stars,' than in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hh510

song is by The Duke and The King

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hh510

ad is on youtube - search for new electric ireland ad

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TeaPottSmash

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭lilywhitearmy

Great song! :D

...but still not the one on the Revenge ad... :confused: Thanks though!

It's an instrumental of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9-Lwpgfd1E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

• Advertisement

It's an instrumental of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9-Lwpgfd1E

Mystery solved! :D Thanks very much!

Advertisement