Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭osullc10

Could anyone identify the song that plays in the background starting around 42:20 while Kian Egan talks during The Voice of Ireland:
    http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10127200/

I'm pretty sure I've also heard this being played in stadiums over the PA as (rugby?) teams run from the tunnel onto the pitch.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭strawberryb0y

Anyone know the song in a current McDonalds ad?

Mainly piano with lalalala lyrics.

Cheers

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Anyone know the song in a current McDonalds ad?

Mainly piano with lalalala lyrics.

Cheers

Dunno if this is the one you're talking about but it's on a McD add at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cley Morel

I used to listen Fort Minor when i was 16 years old... Now i am 26 and i can tell there are no kind of alternative rap music better than what they've build through the time. Mike Shinoda is a genious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Was watching this the other night and theres a great song played over a very funny training montage. It ends with owen wilson's character being given CPR by Bill Murray.
    I went through the songs on the life aquatic soundtrack but it doesnt seem to be on it. Anybody know what this song is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

I heard this song on the radio the other that i knew and really liked, but can't remember much about it :/ I have very little details about it, the song's about summer, there's some lyrics about what girls wear during summer etc....I'm sorry this is all I can remember! I would say it's a new enough song, released in the 00's anyway, any help would be much appreciated. oh and it was a man singing, possibly a band.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Anyone know who sings the Premier Soccer Saturday song? I know the song is "Bloke" but it's a cover and I don't know who it is. Thanks

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Song on the rightmove.co.uk ad with the woman going from room to room and it's a different house everytime? Female singer, lyrics something like.....

"I sit back and watch the river flow. I sit back and watch the traffic go."

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭connacht100

Does anyone know what the background music in this promo is?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppAfkJl3tBs

• Registered Users Posts: 26 hypochondriac

Does anyone know what song or rather melody eircom are using in their latest radio add ? it's slightly light funky and it's not Grimes "Oblivion" as there is a newer version of this add on the radio already. I have heard this melody in mobile phone ringtone before but have no clue what that is.

• Advertisement

Recently saw a dance video featuring a young girl running in sports gear through the city streets and crowds. Was doing some work at the same time so could not take down the title of the song and artist. The song was quite catchy in dance musical style ala Avicii or David Guetta and was played Sun night on free to air Dance channel and definitely one of recent releases, it may be in dance charts. Anybody would have any idea what this song might be with a girl running through city streets based on this describtion, the song may well be in sports add. have no recollection of the lyrics at all, just remember young sporty girl running through the city streets in the video clip and I was kind of looking out for the name of the song to come up at the end but that simply did not happen leaving me disappointed.. It may be one of the recent dance hits so if somebody is well caught up with dance charts, this should not be a hard question to answer...I think that running girl was wearing yellow sports gear if my memory serves me right ??? any clues ? suggestions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

Johnny Cash - A Croft In Clachan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6dnZcfDhZo
    The Ballad of Rob Macdunn

first time i heard this one today

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭cristoir

Ok this is probably hopeless but I'm gonna give it a shot as this is bugging the hell out of me and a friend.

90s/early 00s dance song. Had a blue music video. Contained a a synthesized guitar which was the focus of the song as well as a kick drum.

I doubt anyone has a clue with that little info but I thought it was worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

cristoir wrote: »
    Ok this is probably hopeless but I'm gonna give it a shot as this is bugging the hell out of me and a friend.

90s/early 00s dance song. Had a blue music video. Contained a a synthesized guitar which was the focus of the song as well as a kick drum.

I doubt anyone has a clue with that little info but I thought it was worth a shot.

probably not, but your "blue music video" quote reminded me of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68ugkg9RePc

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭cristoir

Irish Aris wrote: »
    probably not, but your "blue music video" quote reminded me of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68ugkg9RePc

Love that tune but it wasn't it. Thanks for the suggestion thought.
    Came to me in the shower this morning:

I am aware that my description wasn't the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Any chance any folk where watching Undercover Boss USA there on Channel 4? If so do you know the closing credits song that was playing? I highly doubth anyone will get this though but worth a shot :P

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

What is the song the just loads of famous peoples names, It was on radio last earlier and I cant think of the band. its an Irish band I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

What is the song the just loads of famous peoples names, It was on radio last earlier and I cant think of the band. its an Irish band I think.

"Endless Art" rings a bell

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

klong wrote: »
    Thats it dude thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

What's the song starting here at 1:55, I can hear the lyrics in my head but I can't make out the words....if you know what I mean!

http://youtu.be/HCNm5EPTFDo?t=1m55s

Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

B_Sharp wrote: »
    What's the song starting here at 1:55, I can hear the lyrics in my head but I can't make out the words....if you know what I mean!

http://youtu.be/HCNm5EPTFDo?t=1m55s

Thanks in advance!

Pretty sure it's Sail - AWOLNATION ...

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jjrg2020

Looking for a song either called September or by a band called September. It's mostly wordless vocals (I Think) with a recording of a junkie sounding guy on something like Live Line ranting about sexual health and education. Any help would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Pretty sure it's Sail - AWOLNATION ...

That's the one, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Help!
    I can remember either name of song or band here.
    Sounds like an old 70s or 80s song... Melodic tune. Sound alike something from Teenage Fanclub.
    Vaguely remember theme about youth, and then later lyrics about when grown up.
    "and then I'm getting older.... Chip shop..... Daughter"
    Famous band I thought. I thought it was by Cream or someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Hi guys looking for a song that I just can't get its name for ages.

In the chorus it says something to the effect of "Can't get you out of my mind, can't get you out of my head"

Then the last line of the song is "Yellow cab taxi pick the right one sitting in the back seat that's my problem"

If anybody has any ideas that would be super.

Thanks alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dricky74

klong wrote: »

By 'A House'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

Anyone know the song in the BoardGaisEnergy tv adds.
    " shine on, let it shine ...."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

cristoir wrote: »

This aint it, but I thought of DP Boulevard when u described that blue guitar.

http://youtu.be/2I5NrJr6tic

This anit it either, but something tells me its in this era..i can visualise the blue guitar in a video, i think..

http://youtu.be/68ugkg9RePc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Very vague i know but gonna chance it...i heard the song on Phantom or Nova few months back....it was a mellow indie rock song.....i think the name of the song had Holiday in it....i also thought the band was Local Natives but turns out it isnt....the song is similar to their style and i think the bands name sounds similar to theirs too!

• Advertisement

Does anyone know what melody eircom are using in their latest radio add ? it's slightly light funky and it's not Grimes "Oblivion" as there is a newer version of this add on the radio already. I have heard this melody in mobile phone ringtone before but have no clue what that is. It's a melody, not a song.

Advertisement