Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Siobhers

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Help!
    I can remember either name of song or band here.
    Sounds like an old 70s or 80s song... Melodic tune. Sound alike something from Teenage Fanclub.
    Vaguely remember theme about youth, and then later lyrics about when grown up.
    "and then I'm getting older.... Chip shop..... Daughter"
    Famous band I thought. I thought it was by Cream or someone.

Mebbe?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Siobhers wrote: »

You absolute legend! That's it!
    No idea how you got it from my hopeless description!
    Thanks so much! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

Can anybody tell me the name of the tune in the new Sky Broadband advert with Pierce Brosnan. Have it stuck in my head and hoping it's a proper tune so I can listen to the whole of it and banish it forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I'm trying to find a song:

A male singer in around the 80s with a chorus of children supporting half way through the song.

Its kind of like a power ballad and the video might be black and white. Its got him looking wind swept in a darkish setting (typical 80s).

If I think of any more hints I'll post them.

Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

^
    John Farnham - The Voice. ?
    I thought there was kids in that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 hypochondriac

Recently saw a dance video featuring a young girl running in sports gear through the city streets and crowds. Was doing some work at the same time so could not take down the title of the song and artist. The song was quite catchy in dance musical style ala Avicii or David Guetta and was played Sun night on free to air Dance channel and definitely one of recent releases, it may be in dance charts. Anybody would have any idea what this song might be with a girl running through city streets based on this describtion, the song may well be in sports add. have no recollection of the lyrics at all, just remember young sporty girl running through the city streets in the video clip and I was kind of looking out for the name of the song to come up at the end but that simply did not happen leaving me disappointed.. It may be one of the recent dance hits so if somebody is well caught up with dance charts, this should not be a hard question to answer...I think that running girl was wearing yellow sports gear if my memory serves me right ??? any clues ? suggestions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Recently saw a dance video featuring a young girl running in sports gear through the city streets and crowds. Was doing some work at the same time so could not take down the title of the song and artist. The song was quite catchy in dance musical style ala Avicii or David Guetta and was played Sun night on free to air Dance channel and definitely one of recent releases, it may be in dance charts. Anybody would have any idea what this song might be with a girl running through city streets based on this describtion, the song may well be in sports add. have no recollection of the lyrics at all, just remember young sporty girl running through the city streets in the video clip and I was kind of looking out for the name of the song to come up at the end but that simply did not happen leaving me disappointed.. It may be one of the recent dance hits so if somebody is well caught up with dance charts, this should not be a hard question to answer...I think that running girl was wearing yellow sports gear if my memory serves me right ??? any clues ? suggestions ?

Could be very wrong but this is coming to mind....

DJ Fresh - Louder
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE-dwpWpscU

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭IceFjoem

Don't suppose anyone knows what this tune is, it's from the chorus of some song from possibly the mid 2000s I think. It's from some band and they had a guy singing the lead vocals, it's been bugging me for about two years now. (not sure if this is the right key btw)

Thanks.

fwgq74g.jpg

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Could be very wrong but this is coming to mind....

DJ Fresh - Louder
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE-dwpWpscU

thanks but no, it's not the song I am looking for, good effort though, it seems to fit my description.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

There's an ad for Lifestyle sports on at the moment with a girl running through a city, there's two guys in it too. Could it be this that you saw?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

This has been killing me for weeks trying to find out name of this song.. Could someone please tell me the name of this song:

Time : 42:23

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

This has been killing me for weeks trying to find out name of this song.. Could someone please tell me the name of this song:

Time : 42:23

Some people reckon it's a version of this by Coldplay.

There's an ad for Lifestyle sports on at the moment with a girl running through a city, there's two guys in it too. Could it be this that you saw?

No, it was a full dance song video on a dance channel and this could be a famous song. Would you have a link to this add just to check it ? Thanks anyway.

No, it was a full dance song video on a dance channel and this could be a famous song. Would you have a link to this add just to check it ? Thanks anyway.

No, not this one, it was a full dance track.

Does anyone know the song that was played during the highlights of the Chelsea vs Tottenham game on Sky Sports tonight :)? It sounded kinda like The Cult, the lyrics I got were "Turn around" near the beginning and the chorus was "Desire, desire, desire etc.".

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

What is the song the just loads of famous peoples names, It was on radio last earlier and I cant think of the band. its an Irish band I think.

This'd be my best guess by an Irish artist, the famous proder BP Fallon released a track produced by Jack White:
    I Believe In Elvis Presley

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Siobhers

This'd be my best guess by an Irish artist, the famous proder BP Fallon released a track produced by Jack White:
    I Believe In Elvis Presley

Or else this one me thinks

http://youtu.be/zNrbvGNB1HQ

what song/melody do Emobiles Ireland use in this ad ?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Swish87

Looking for a song, and im not sure on the lyrics at all. Its a really relaxed style song where the guy talks the song. and has the words coco bongo or something like that in the song and possibly the title?

• Advertisement

Swish87 wrote: »
    Looking for a song, and im not sure on the lyrics at all. Its a really relaxed style song where the guy talks the song. and has the words coco bongo or something like that in the song and possibly the title?

Just seen this on Alan Carr, this by any chance haha?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭kennethk

anyone seen the saturday game live ad? is a fast catchy tune? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Benny Thorn

May I ask you a favor?
    What is the name of song: starts play in 45:30 in this video:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xzgpw6_sky-sports-f1-the-f1-show-26-04-2013_sport?search_algo=2#.UadosEDwmzu

Thanks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭La Madame

Hi everyone,

I am searchin for a song I heard on Irish radio in the early 80ths.
    The refrain was something like: you keep me reminding of girls in my memory
    and they keep me reminding me of you - to me it seem to be local / irish but not sure about this.
    I am also looking for a Garry Cott Song - Pioneers. Is this available as a MP3 download?

Beer Drinkers support Farmers!

Abolish infamous Minimum Unit Pricing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

La Madame wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I am searchin for a song I heard on Irish radio in the early 80ths.
    The refrain was something like: you keep me reminding of girls in my memory
    and they keep me reminding me of you - to me it seem to be local / irish but not sure about this.
    I am also looking for a Garry Cott Song - Pioneers. Is this available as a MP3 download?

The first one probably is Johnny Duhan's Girls In My Memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭La Madame

Ey - thank you so much. I think this must be it.
    Unfortunatelly the song is not on utube - I will try to find it!;)

Beer Drinkers support Farmers!

Abolish infamous Minimum Unit Pricing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭periodictable

Anyone remember an African song which was a chart hit in the early 80s? Heard it recently but didn't catch either the artist or name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

Anyone know the name of this song @ 4:15?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

Anyone remember an African song which was a chart hit in the early 80s? Heard it recently but didn't catch either the artist or name.

Is this it?

Advertisement