Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭connacht100

Menelaun wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAhR2v_BmIY
    Can anyone please tell me what the song is between 0:30 and 1:00 its really really annoying me and shazam is turning anything up

Every 1's a winner by Hot Chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

Anyone ID this music?
    It's on the BBC Rugby League advert:

And it's used to advertise Yukon Gold on Nat Geo.
    I just heard it used to advertise Arrow on Sky1!

Seems to be very popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Does anyone know what the music is on the Ariel ad at the moment, sort of dance music.

EDIT: After a bit of looking on my own part I found it!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

^ Is it not "Outro" that's on the Ariel ad? Or maybe that's for Persil? M83 are on A LOT of adverts at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

^ Is it not "Outro" that's on the Ariel ad? Or maybe that's for Persil? M83 are on A LOT of adverts at the moment.

I think that's Persil,the ad I'm talking about is this, only it's in english with different music:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Need your help guys

Its a Northern Irish band I think, these are the words I know

"now im letting go cause i cant pretend this isnt on fire it isnt on fire"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Mesut Ozil

Anyone know the name of this song at this point of this Geordie Shore episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Ok the details I have are sketchy. It's a mid-eighties song and I think it is by a Spanish band. The song was a huge hit here and it had a video (not all songs did back then!). The singer was female, good voice and range, kind of like Annie Lennox. The lyrics go something like ''Vaya, vaya'' (sorry that's all I remember!) and I know that if she was speaking in Spanish, the spelling would be something like 'falla falla' or something, but that aside, does anyone know what I'm talking about? It's wrecking my head!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

shot in the dark here....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

MargeS wrote: »
    shot in the dark here....

That's IT!!!!! You're amazing : )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭keano89

Anyone know the name of the recent dance song last 7-8 months, it sounds a bit like the Kid Cudi vs Crookers song "Day'N'Nite". Its got that sort of sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

What's the song the sing together at 9:00 in this video? Has been on the tip of my tongue for hours :(

^It's "Alone" by Heart... I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

^It's "Alone" by Heart... I think.

Bang on, thanks a million :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Song stuck in my head form night club last night but cant think of it, goes something like '' i i want you.. de de de'' girl singing and its modern. This is probably no help but thought id give it a go :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

What's the song in the RTÉ Two trailer for the German mini-series "Generation War"?

endakenny wrote: »
    What's the song in the RTÉ Two trailer for the German mini-series "Generation War"?

I saw someone on twitter earlier say it's the music from the Assassin's Creed Revelations trailer, but it doesn't sound the same to me....

EDIT:

Hang on... there's another one....

So it's called Iron and by a band called Woodkid.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

can anyone name the samba sounding tune at 6.37 at the start of the tom dunne show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

I saw someone on twitter earlier say it's the music from the Assassin's Creed Revelations trailer, but it doesn't sound the same to me....

EDIT:

Hang on... there's another one....

So it's called Iron and by a band called Woodkid.

Thanks. It made sense to use the song from the Assassin's Creed for the Generation War trailer because the soldiers of Hitler's forces were trained to be ruthless killers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

fryup wrote: »
    can anyone name the samba sounding tune at 6.37 at the start of the tom dunne show

Here it is...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

thanks for that, could have sworn it was matt bianco

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭tadgho

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10222600/ anyone know the song from around 45:00 onwards from the documentary 'skin in the game' aired on rte 2 last night?? sounds like an artist im familiar with but just cant quite figure out who... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Would anyone be able to name this tune? It's in an ad for Spotify that's been on Today FM the last few days. I recorded a snippet here, have a listen.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gi2hpxx5ofxo6o7/Spotify%20ad.wav

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Spacechick

Could anyone tell what the song's name is? I managed to record a part of the song.
    http://vocaroo.com/i/s0MJqkpkbRFj
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Mar Mar Marmalade

Here lads, anyone have any idea what song I'm wanting to find is? I remember it being on some sort of phone ad a few years ago (O2?). Sounds very U2-ish. Very ambient.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Spacechick

Spacechick wrote: »
    Could anyone tell what the song's name is? I managed to record a part of the song.
    http://vocaroo.com/i/s0MJqkpkbRFj
    Thanks.
    Nevermind, I found the song. It's Lovers of Fate by Miss FD
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k52NPhbXyMk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

what is the piano music on radio ad for spotify. Its a slow piano, sort of jazz style

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭jesse pinkman

My little lad plays tractor videos on his mums phone & I recognized this tune but cant put a name to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

I've heard a song a couple of times on today fm over the last few days. its always about after 2am when they have the autoplay on so i never get a name. havent heard it during the day either so i dunno is it an old tune or not.

its a fairly upbeat song its a male vocalist but hasnt much in the way of lyrics it breaks down into this kind of scat thing with a lot of effects like phase and stuff. basically 3 and a half minutes of "duh du dhu duh duh da" but with the phase and stuff it sounds epic.

Its catchy as all hell and i wanna find out what it is.

sorry for the vagueness but its a vague song.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭uggybear

tadgho wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10222600/ anyone know the song from around 45:00 onwards from the documentary 'skin in the game' aired on rte 2 last night?? sounds like an artist im familiar with but just cant quite figure out who... :(
    The song in question is Walking On Cars - Don't Mind Me

Advertisement