Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Can someone tell me the song in the background on this video, it's a pretty famous tune but I can't for the life of me remember it, thanks in advance

http://www.sportinglife.com/video/23481/9036730/behind-closed-doors-thompson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭uggybear

what's the song by picturehouse goes along like "she's my angel"

uggybear wrote: »
    what's the song by picturehouse goes along like "she's my angel"
    Found it - Queen of many things - Dave Browne forgotten that it was written by the lead singer himself

• Registered Users Posts: 26 shamrockone

Does anyone know the song that is played by RTE when they advertise Generation War

Does anyone know the song that is played by RTE when they advertise Generation War
    woodkid - Iron

• Advertisement

If anyone knows the song in this ad, please let me know! It sounds a bit like Goldfrapp but pretty sure it's not them. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

If anyone knows the song in this ad, please let me know! It sounds a bit like Goldfrapp but pretty sure it's not them. Thanks.

I literally just came in to post this. Shazam or the you tube comments aren't giving me any results.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭loligo1

Help please. Song that reminds me of another song......

Listen to this tune. Specifically '0m37s-0m43s' and the lyrics/music
    And I will never be set free
    As long as I'm a ghost that you can't see

This is really bugging me but that bit of music from Gordon Lightfoot sounds almost the same as some other tune I've heard in the past.

Whatever the mystery song I'm thinking of it's probably 80's or 90's and probably a popular song or a song that was in the charts. I'm guessing it must have 'homaged' the Gordon Lightfoot tune?

Anyway if that bit of music from Gordon Lightfoot sparks any impressions for you then let me hear what you think it sounds like.

I'm getting the feeling it's a female singer but I won't rule out any suggestions at this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Sounds similar to a part in Whitney Houston - Greatest Love of All.
    "No matter what they take from me..."

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭loligo1

Sounds similar to a part in Whitney Houston - Greatest Love of All.
    "No matter what they take from me..."

Wow, that was fast! That's what it was. Thanks!

Whitney : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYzlVDlE72w&t=1m10s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Slingers

Anyone know what the music at the start of this CNN Alpine Edge show is?

www.youtube.com/v/aBEIrTgc-g0

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭NameThatTune

Trying to remember the name of a Marc Almond song
    Or at least he sang it but it might be some other bands tune with him guest singing on it, anyway I remmeber some of the lyrics if anyone knows the name I would be grateful if you could let me know

it was something like......." I can see stars, lighting up your face. Millions of stars, they come from every place, they come from light years light years la la la light years away...."

piano at the start etc etc, class tune btw

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭NameThatTune

found it, it was actually Poppy Factory no Marc Almond involvement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwktIewfA-A

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭siblers

There's this dance song that I randomly came across on Clubland tv on Sky. It's a young couple sitting in a bench in a park but its playing in reverse. I only caught the last half a minute of it, it's a pretty mellow dance song.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Anyone know what the music used in BBC's Pilgrimage series is?
    The first 90 seconds ..

Never mind found it
    Blue Planet by Terry Devine-King

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

14- 16 seconds in, any guesses?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Foyb5HCeM6s

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

klong wrote: »
    14- 16 seconds in, any guesses?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Foyb5HCeM6s

Nina Simone - Sinnerman. Says it in the comments underneath :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Nina Simone - Sinnerman. Says it in the comments underneath :)

I'm an idiot- thanks! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 leeptr

In reference to an old post in this thread I just want to say thank you for this. My wife has been trying to track this down for 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Does anyone know the name of the piece of music in the current 'Netflix' commercial running on RTE at the moment? Very catchy, instrumental piece. Looked on youtube but no joy; similar ads but different music used. :o

Thanks in advance :)

New Moon

• Advertisement

posted this on another thread but got no response, just wondering what was the piece of music being played at when the players were getting of the bus at the start of the sky sports coverage between Munster and Perpignan on sky sports on the 11 Dec? Update: Heard a piece of music that sounds a bit like it earlier called time by Hans Zimmer, not sure if this is the one

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jimit

Does anyone know a song by Jimmy McCarthy that has "rescue remedy" as part of it's lyrics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Can anybody help me with this song.....
    I've heard it played at work on Today FM in the past,the song would have been out for the past 6 or 7 years and it reminds me of an Irish indie/rock band.I have no idea what the name of the song or singer(s) is,I've never heard the full track-I only know small parts of the chorus,which I THINK goes like this:

"...................and the way you drive your car,
    All the things,all the days....?????"

I know that is hardly anything to go by,but maybe someone out there can put their finger right on it?
    Thanks in advance.

(it is not Tracey Chapman or the Beatles.)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

jimit wrote: »
    Does anyone know a song by Jimmy McCarthy that has "rescue remedy" as part of it's lyrics

Mundy has a song called 'Rescue Remedy'. Is that what you're thinking of?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

In turns of moveward sounding, I think this is one of the most beautiful songs ever made

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Cathalog

Would anybody know the name of the song that is played AFTER the ad break for the darts on Sky Sports? I'm not talking about the song that is played in the venue with the crowd singing it.
    Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Cathalog wrote: »
    Would anybody know the name of the song that is played AFTER the ad break for the darts on Sky Sports? I'm not talking about the song that is played in the venue with the crowd singing it.
    Thanks in advance!
    The song that's on while they show the scores etc is by Calvin Harris . Can't think of the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 agore21

Can someone please tell me what the song on the eircom e-vision tv and radio advert is? I remember it getting some radio airplay last year but can't remember artist name.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭zara100

agore21 wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me what the song on the eircom e-vision tv and radio advert is? I remember it getting some radio airplay last year but can't remember artist name.

Thanks
    Hi I would also like to know what this song is, cant seem to find it online. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭zara100

Hi the eircom ad song is by Electric Guest called This head i hold :-)

Advertisement