Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 agore21

Thank you...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

looking for the name of an obscure song from the 70s (?)

its a one hit wonder...about a cab driver and he's talkin to someone in the control room, he speaks with a brummie accent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

fryup wrote: »
    looking for the name of an obscure song from the 70s (?)

its a one hit wonder...about a cab drive and he's talkin to someone in the control room he speaks with a brummie accent

lads what that song use in that new aib banking ad stuck in my head

sending money through your phone

EDIT FOUND IT The Hot Sprockets

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭bricky06

Does anyone know the name of the song playing on the teaser ad for the 6 nations on rte? I tried shazaming it but Ryle Nugent keeps interrupting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Long shot here but after being lead down so many dead ends I thought I'd come back to trusty boards. Does anyone know what the piece of music this is that starts playing at 1.11? Heard it randomly and can't shake it. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭ruaille buaille

Whats the song - the chorus goes something like "My heart keeps moving" or "My heartbeats moving" or something???
    Its a dance song out at the moment. Has a club kind of beat. Keep hearing it in clubs but dont know what its called!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭jesse pinkman

BUMP

I've tried shazaming it with no luck, someone said its maybe prog krautrock but I'm not so sure.
    My little lad plays tractor videos on his mums phone & I recognized this tune but cant put a name to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Edg3

Hopefully this is the right place, because its been wrecking my head all day.

I seen a music video today in the gym but missed the name of it, and only realized when I got home that my windows phone as recognition software built in.
    Anywhoo the video itself is so odd it caught my eye.

Old black bearded dude collecting mail outside his house, he's wearing purple and bopping his head with the beat. His house behind him is made out of speakers, 2 stories high. His kids/grandkids come home from school, strutting, all dressed in yellow. Later in the video it shows his wife (in apron and rubber gloves) driving him down the street, car roof has a stack of speakers on it too, pumping away the music.

If anyone can help quell my day long suffering I'd hugely appreciate it!

Never mind, mate found it :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81Mw7Z9AOkw

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Eurosport played a song over the end of their Australian Open coverage there. It's a dancy pop song, a woman singing.

The lyrics are something like ....

You and me, we've been hanging around for the longest time.......... up, down, the wind blew your hair on a summer's night. Outside all of your fears.....
    Baby I'm speeding, the red lights are on.... and I'll run to your side....
    I'm going to get you, to get you...

Making the most of the night, I know you are a little tired, here I go........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

what's this song....... indieyish song, play it on phantom a lot recently, it goes like.......... dree ee ee ee ee ee ee ee eeeamms and that's all the lyrics I know :P

lol nvm it was playing on phantom 2 mins after I posted, it was sister, hush hush

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Hi theres a song on the trailer for The Dallas buyers club thats pretty awesome. Cant find out what it is though. I checked the soundtrack list and its not on it but it does appear on the trailer. Heres the clip and the song starts at about 2:10 into the trailer:

Edit: Found it. For anybody whos interested its You aint alone - ALABAMA SHAKES

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

tunguska wrote: »
    Hi theres a song on the trailer for The Dallas buyers club thats pretty awesome. Cant find out what it is though. I checked the soundtrack list and its not on it but it does appear on the trailer. Heres the clip and the song starts at about 2:10 into the trailer:

Edit: Found it. For anybody whos interested its You aint alone - ALABAMA SHAKES

EDIT: Just saw tunguska's edit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Ah cheers anyway Reap-a-rat. Its some song, that woman has a set of lungs on her. She looks like a soccer mom you'd see in dunnes stores with 4 or 5 kids hanging out of her but bloody hell she can burn up that fretboard.

tunguska wrote: »
    Ah cheers anyway Reap-a-rat. Its some song, that woman has a set of lungs on her. She looks like a soccer mom you'd see in dunnes stores with 4 or 5 kids hanging out of her but bloody hell she can burn up that fretboard.

She's only 23 or 24 too. Amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

Does anyone remember that ad that featured the words "Shazam for Sweet Stuff"? It showed someone jumping up and hitting a balloon, causing an explosion of confetti? The lyrics were like this: "This is me and you, The Centre of the Universe".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 366 ✭✭Juan_Mata

Anyone know the name of the song that was played in operation transformation when they were doing the quit smoking bit? Dance kinda tune. I'll try get it on the player tomorrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 366 ✭✭Juan_Mata

Juan_Mata wrote: »
    Anyone know the name of the song that was played in operation transformation when they were doing the quit smoking bit? Dance kinda tune. I'll try get it on the player tomorrow.

Ok guys does anyone know the tune in the backround at 8:10??

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10249999/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

Pretty vague one here, but anywho.

It's a rap song, and yer man rapping could be mistaken for Busta Rhymes, except sounded younger, with a really fast pace with a pretty simple two or three bar beat in the background. The chorus is sung by a woman and goes "Thank you for shining your light on me" or something to that slant.

Heard it in a nightclub and it was played in between pretty popular tunes so hoping it isn't too random :o

131spanner wrote: »
    Pretty vague one here, but anywho.

It's a rap song, and yer man rapping could be mistaken for Busta Rhymes, except sounded younger, with a really fast pace with a pretty simple two or three bar beat in the background. The chorus is sung by a woman and goes "Thank you for shining your light on me" or something to that slant.

Heard it in a nightclub and it was played in between pretty popular tunes so hoping it isn't too random :o

Sounds like Thank You by Busta Rhymes and Q-Tip.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

Sounds like Thank You by Busta Rhymes and Q-Tip.

Bang on thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭osullc10

Can anyone identify this specific remix of Coldplay - God Put a Smile upon Your Face?
    https://soundcloud.com/osullic/god-put-a-smile-remix-clip

If I recall correctly, this was in the charts here in 2004.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Juan_Mata wrote: »
    Ok guys does anyone know the tune in the backround at 8:10??

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10249999/

Its Zedd I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Looking for a song from what I can remember from the promo video. I think it is from an American rock band and the song was out about 10 years ago or maybe slightly more.
    From what I remember its your typical video from that time with the guys fooling around then near the end the song changes course into a glam metal riff in the vain of Iron Maiden. They are dressed in all the attire from 80's glam metal. Any ideas?

I thought it was Sum 41 but can't find any video like this from them, but something alone this line of bands.

It does sound like Sum 41's Pain for Pleasure. It used to sometimes be tacked on to the end of their Fat Lip video which sounds like the other video you described.

http://youtu.be/1Bl08yf0hOU

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Yeah that's the one man, cheers. I watched the fat lip video but didn't see it so I dismissed it as being a sum 41 song, my mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭Worztron

Can anyone tell me the name of this music/song? Thanks.

The great George Best: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU2Dtajub4o&t=16s

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭droidman123

Worztron wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me the name of this music/song? Thanks.

The great George Best: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU2Dtajub4o&t=16s

its " the road" by mark knopfler, from the soundtrack of the movie cal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭Worztron

its " the road" by mark knopfler, from the soundtrack of the movie cal.

Cheers droidman123.

The 'The Road' and 'The Long Road' are very alike. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cal_(album)

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭B Rabbit

Newish song. Video has a guy walking towards camera I think. Chorus is sang by a girl I think? Thought it was john Newman. Any ideas?

Advertisement