Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

B Rabbit wrote: »
    Newish song. Video has a guy walking towards camera I think. Chorus is sang by a girl I think? Thought it was john Newman. Any ideas?

Sam Smith - Money on My Mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Slingers

Anyone know the music The Universal Channel has playing on one it's promos for their shows.

It sounds like a Johnny Cash song but I'm not too sure.

I can't find a video of the promo but some of the lyrics are

"the devil will do anything to take you down" also there is a female vocalist that says the words "guilty man" throughout the song?

Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭jasonb

This is a vague one...

I'm pretty certain this song is from last year, and by an Irish band, it was on the radio a fair bit recently.

All I can vaguely say about itis that it's upbeat, and they sing letters in the chorus that may spell something or may not. In my head it's 'F A C O C C' but clearly that doesn't spell anything! I think another line from the chorus might be 'the thoughts inside my head'.

Any ideas? Thanks...

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

jasonb wrote: »
    This is a vague one...

I'm pretty certain this song is from last year, and by an Irish band, it was on the radio a fair bit recently.

All I can vaguely say about itis that it's upbeat, and they sing letters in the chorus that may spell something or may not. In my head it's 'F A C O C C' but clearly that doesn't spell anything! I think another line from the chorus might be 'the thoughts inside my head'.

Any ideas? Thanks...

J.

Delorentos - Secret

Excellent... nice one. Not sure how I got S E C R E T into F A C O C C but there ya go! Thanks for the quick reply...

J.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭Worztron

I only watched the video for the Moone Boy segment. What is this song at around 8:44?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CaDoVpzIPc#t=8m44s

Thanks.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

Worztron wrote: »
    I only watched the video for the Moone Boy segment. What is this song at around 8:44?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CaDoVpzIPc#t=8m44s

Thanks.

That's oxygen by jean Michelle jarre, great French keyboardist.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭andymann

Song starts with guitar riff
    I think its " F F D# C " repeated three times, then starts with words like " i know it's wrong together

• Registered Users Posts: 40 fastford

Can anyone help me find a song that has been wrecking my head for ages now?
    Very little to go by but it was a 90s song and the chorus went 'e aye oh', (x3) and there was a line at the end of the chorus that had 'and the world is turning' (or something quite similar)
    Really not much to go by but any suggestions appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭aare

fastford wrote: »
    Very little to go by but it was a 90s song and the chorus went 'e aye oh', (x3) and there was a line at the end of the chorus that had 'and the world is turning' (or something quite similar)

Is this it?

Police "King of Pain"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mgSCKXSp9M

I THINK the 'e aye oh' may be a different song on same album "Synchronicity" but not sure which one.

• Advertisement

aare wrote: »
    Is this it?

Police "King of Pain"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mgSCKXSp9M

I THINK the 'e aye oh' may be a different song on same album "Synchronicity" but not sure which one.

Thanks I'm not so sure that it's a police song but ill check that album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,086 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

fastford wrote: »

'A Different Beat' by Boyzone?

'A Different Beat' by Boyzone?

Excellent! Thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JimReaper24

huk0bd.jpg
    I heard this song on 4fm yesterday which I thought sounded like Keane. The chorus went something like "Light it up, burn it down" but I can't remember exactly. I've been searching everywhere for it and I don't know why it's so difficult to put a name to! Attached is the approximate tune based on a guitar tab I figured out.
    P.S. It's not Burn It Down by Linkin Park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭uggybear

An old song but at end of the chorus it goes like ..."this is my time this is my life" upbeat kind of song, can't find it google. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

huk0bd.jpg
    I heard this song on 4fm yesterday which I thought sounded like Keane. The chorus went something like "Light it up, burn it down" but I can't remember exactly. I've been searching everywhere for it and I don't know why it's so difficult to put a name to! Attached is the approximate tune based on a guitar tab I figured out.
    P.S. It's not Burn It Down by Linkin Park.

Macklemore Contradiction?
    Doubt that sounds like Keane.

BellX1 One Stringed Harp?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JimReaper24

Neeson wrote: »
    Macklemore Contradiction?
    Doubt that sounds like Keane.

BellX1 One Stringed Harp?
    Neither of them I'm afraid, Bell X1 rings a bell though it might be another of theirs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

There's a song that's been in my head for years now & I cannot figure out the artist. I've asked loads of people but no joy. I think it was quite popular back in the 2000s. I've always assumed it was by a band like Killers, Kings of Leon, Arcade Fire etc, but that's just a guess. I tried to listening to all of these bands on iTunes, but no joy.

Here's how I'd describe it... sort of a stadium band sound, male vocal, the chorus is the bit that's stuck in my head... I think it's "I'm eighteen, I'm aching" but I could be away off. The song always reminded me a bit of U2's party Girl (similar rhythm / feel).

Any ideas about the songs / artist? It's driving me mad at this stage.

Here's a tough one...

I have a song in my head that I can hum pretty well. It's an upbeat song, and it's an instrumental. The main melody is played by a piano. In my mind it's probably from the 70s or 80s and is very 'easy listening', in a kind of Richard Clayderman way. But it's not a slow love song, it's more upbeat, almost like you'd hear from an ice-cream van. I can't really explain it much more, other than say the notes in the melody are relatively high pitched, and kind of repetative (almost like the lines in the melody are repeating or 'answering' themselves...)

Any ideas?

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

Here's a tough one...

I have a song in my head that I can hum pretty well. It's an upbeat song, and it's an instrumental. The main melody is played by a piano. In my mind it's probably from the 70s or 80s and is very 'easy listening', in a kind of Richard Clayderman way. But it's not a slow love song, it's more upbeat, almost like you'd hear from an ice-cream van. I can't really explain it much more, other than say the notes in the melody are relatively high pitched, and kind of repetative (almost like the lines in the melody are repeating or 'answering' themselves...)

Any ideas?

J.
    Could be one of the tracks off Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells? Eg theme from the Exorcist?

• Advertisement

I actually know some of those Tubular Bells albums and it's not from them. The song I'm thinking of is definitely not in the same tone / mood as The Exorcist, but it is a little similaiar in tone / mood to In Dulci Jubilo, in that it's an upbeat, happy song. But In Dulci Jubilo is faster and more 'modern', guitars in it etc., whereas this song is more 'classical', or maybe a classicial pianist playing a popular song, if that makes sense?

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Here's a tough one...

Any ideas?

J.
    A long shot but is it something like this...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

Would love an answer!

Right so, I like to listen to music of games, and recently I was listening to this , it from the SNES version of the original Lemmings, and is called Dance of the Four Little Swans, a well known classical tune.

But my question is: at around 16 seconds, there is a bit that was covered/sampled by some modern song but I just can't quite remember!

Anybody know?

Thanks!

vektarman wrote: »
    A long shot but is it something like this...

I'm afraid that's not it, but thanks a lot for taking the time to post. I think the song only has piano in it, or if there are backing instruments, they're not at the start of the song. It's the kind of song I could imagine ice-skaters or rhythmic gymnists dancing to back in the 80s. Like I said, it's a tough one...

J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Heard a 'dancy' song at the weekend in a nightclub in dublin. All i remember is that it had the MLK 'I have a dream' speech in the background

Also is there a new song with timbaland and flo rida out? i think it was those 2..

Ok, using an online piano, my mouse to click on the keys, and Sound Recorder to record it all, I've managed to play a *very* rough version of what I think the song in my head sounds like.

Hopefully someone might recognise it?

I had to rename the file from song.wma to song.txt so I could upload it. If you rename it back to song.wma it'll play no problem.

Thanks...

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭connacht100

Hey all,

I was just curious to know if anyone could tell me what the name of the song was that RTE were using to promote the Hangover Part 2 which was shown on RTE One at 9.30pm on St Patrick's Day.

The lyrics were "From the east coast to the west." I have tried googling but to no avail. I would appreciate your help.

Many thanks,

uggybear wrote: »
    An old song but at end of the chorus it goes like ..."this is my time this is my life" upbeat kind of song, can't find it google. Thanks!

I assume it's not this, as it was the first one I found on Google:

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭strawberryb0y

ZV Yoda wrote: »
    There's a song that's been in my head for years now & I cannot figure out the artist. I've asked loads of people but no joy. I think it was quite popular back in the 2000s. I've always assumed it was by a band like Killers, Kings of Leon, Arcade Fire etc, but that's just a guess. I tried to listening to all of these bands on iTunes, but no joy.

Here's how I'd describe it... sort of a stadium band sound, male vocal, the chorus is the bit that's stuck in my head... I think it's "I'm eighteen, I'm aching" but I could be away off. The song always reminded me a bit of U2's party Girl (similar rhythm / feel).

Any ideas about the songs / artist? It's driving me mad at this stage.

Its not The Bucket by Kings of Leon by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭uggybear

I assume it's not this, as it was the first one I found on Google:

J.

Nope, afraid not. It's to the tune of this:

Advertisement