Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JamesDoyle593

Anyone know the background music on this video:

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JamesDoyle593

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭CapriSunFun

I need help with a song please!
    I think it's a Romanian song, it's played in my gym and it's dancey. I'm guessing it's Romanian because the instructor is Romanian. I don't speak Romanian but the lyrics say something like "lee-ka" and it's a woman singing, then a man starts to song at the second half of the song. There's a lot of whispery "hiiiiii yaaaaa" too. It's relatively slow for a dance song, and I think it's quite a popular song if that helps?
    I don't have very high hopes with this but if anyone could help I'd really appreciate it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

I need help with a song please!
    I think it's a Romanian song, it's played in my gym and it's dancey. I'm guessing it's Romanian because the instructor is Romanian. I don't speak Romanian but the lyrics say something like "lee-ka" and it's a woman singing, then a man starts to song at the second half of the song. There's a lot of whispery "hiiiiii yaaaaa" too. It's relatively slow for a dance song, and I think it's quite a popular song if that helps?
    I don't have very high hopes with this but if anyone could help I'd really appreciate it!!

Doesn't ring a bell, would the instructor know?

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭David086

Anyone know the song off the Visit Malta (i think) ad being played recently? Upbeat song with a saxophone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

Anyone know the name of the song in this advert? Im stumped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

Does anyone else remember the 2004 European election ad that was controversial because it showed a woman breastfeeding her baby?

http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/britain-bans-bare-nipple-from-eu-ad-148551.html

Who sang the song that was featured on that ad? The lyrics included "drive your buicks to the moon".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭droidman123

endakenny wrote: »
    Does anyone else remember the 2004 European election ad that was controversial because it showed a woman breastfeeding her baby?

http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/britain-bans-bare-nipple-from-eu-ad-148551.html

Who sang the song that was featured on that ad? The lyrics included "drive your buicks to the moon".

Buicks to the moon by Alan Jackson?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

Buicks to the moon by Alan Jackson?

No. The song that was played on the 2004 European election ad was not of the country and western genre.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Recent song with a flute in it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Does anyone know the name of the song on the older "sport on itv channel" there is the itv soprt ad that is shown these days but there 2 or 3 weeks ago there was one with a new enough song on it. I rthink it's david guetta.. the ad sowed clips of tennis, motor sport, etc. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Royce McCutcheon

Anyoone know the name of the song in the background of the RTE world cup coverage? when they are going back to studio and showing the group tables and the likes,Its kind of a brazilian dancy song?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Anyoone know the name of the song in the background of the RTE world cup coverage? when they are going back to studio and showing the group tables and the likes,Its kind of a brazilian dancy song?

Is it this? Heard it a few times on RTE's coverage.

Kasabian - Bow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KvzODoz7Ws

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

There is a song on the buddy holly cd that came recently in a newspaper. It's called just talking by a band called tonic. I've looked it up online using the title, lyrics, band name and I can't find anything. Anybody know what song I'm talking about and how I can find it online.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Whispered wrote: »
    There is a song on the buddy holly cd that came recently in a newspaper. It's called just talking by a band called tonic. I've looked it up online using the title, lyrics, band name and I can't find anything. Anybody know what song I'm talking about and how I can find it online.

Is this it?
    http://www.arkade.com/artists/Tonic/tracks/Just+Talking.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Recent song with a flute in it?

It was this :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭fta93

Dying to know this too! It could be this, maybe an instrumental of this? Sounds alike-ish, not sure though. (and RTE just used it on an ad for the WC too..)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAkqJT_sMKQ&feature=kp

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Royce McCutcheon

fta93 wrote: »
    Dying to know this too! It could be this, maybe an instrumental of this? Sounds alike-ish, not sure though. (and RTE just used it on an ad for the WC too..)

By Jove I think you found it! Its been bugging me for weeks! Cheers!
    If I find the RTE version somewhere Il try to throw it up here!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭ShaneMc2012

fta93 wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAkqJT_sMKQ&feature=kp

I always thought it was the instrumental for ''Dar Em Jeito'' but this one sounds possible aswell.. Possibly a remix of both? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Yiannis

Hello lads,

I am watching the "1990 Fifa World Cup Film - Soccer Shoot-Out". There is a song when the Irish fan joins the van with the Dutch fans. Anyone knows which song is it? You can listen to it at 32:28 on youtube (I can't put link as I am a new user). Search for "1990 FIFA World Cup Film - Soccer Shoot-Out" it is the one that lasts 1:40:56 Any help much appreciated!

Thanks!

Y.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭connacht100

It's a remix of Vivir Mi Vida by Marc Anthony.

Found the right one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCxsqB0PvKs

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭connacht100

I just found the right one. Its Marc Anthony - Vivir Mi Vida (Versión Pop)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭santino

Anybody know the song in this new ad for Ford? I've tried Shazam but no joy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U3gdIicowo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Hard to Soundcloud this one, but that melody....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

^ It's Salvation by Gabrielle Aplin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭Worztron

Hi.

What's the name of the song that was played just before and after the RTE World Cup ad breaks?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 marchantnick

I heard a song on the radio the other day, it had a kind of super mario loop in it and I think also a sample from an Eminem track. There was a British rapper on it, and the chorus was done by another guy (who was rapping but didn't really sound like a rapper at all, he sounded a bit shy and boring). I'm pretty sure the radio DJ said it was from Tinie Tempah in 2008 but I might have mixed up the name or year.

I've been trying to find it on the internet but haven't got it yet. Any ideas?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Any ideas what's the name of the song on the Irish Water ad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭tiegan

Hear a song on Beat 102/103 last night on Ray C's show, has a well known chorus, "put your hands up, put your hands up, put your hands up") - anyone any ideas, tried googling but cam up with way too many lyrics. Thanks peeps :)

Advertisement