Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Mr. G wrote: »
    Any ideas what's the name of the song on the Irish Water ad?

Eventually found it:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭mike2084

mike2084 wrote: »
    Hi everybody this is a real long shot but I will give it a shot and see if someone knows :)

Does anyone remember the theme tune for RTÉ's live showjumping from Salthill, Dublin and Millstreet used from the late 80's until at least 1999. I used love it when I was younger can still hear the tune in my head to this day but Google and YouTube have come up blank. So I'm hoping someone can recall the tune and possibly who it was by. Thanks

Posted the original post some time ago on here, but have finally found a YouTube of this video, I starting to think it's an RTE produced theme though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JimReaper24

I'm looking for a song I heard on the radio yesterday and actually saw the video for but cannot remember the name of! It was in the Top 40 the last time I checked but I can't find it there now! It was a remix of a soft song with a girl singing and the main riff was electric guitar. Any ideas?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I'm looking for a song I heard on the radio yesterday and actually saw the video for but cannot remember the name of! It was in the Top 40 the last time I checked but I can't find it there now! It was a remix of a soft song with a girl singing and the main riff was electric guitar. Any ideas?

If it was the Top 40 it should be on this:

http://www.irma.ie/aucharts.asp

Any lyrics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭fta93

Song on the new Vodafone ad anyone? It's an ad for festivals and Vodafone. Too short to shazam it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

fta93 wrote: »
    Song on the new Vodafone ad anyone? It's an ad for festivals and Vodafone. Too short to shazam it.

Is it the one that starts in the car and zooms out while the voice over lists all the different things you're seeing?

If so it's The Mother We Share by Chvrches.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JimReaper24

No, I said I can't find it there now. Don't know why because it was definitely there on Saturday night! Can't remember the lyrics either.

fta93 wrote: »

Or, if it's not the one I mentioned above and is the other one, the Centre Stage one, the song is Your Wish by Talisco.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,687 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

What was happening in the video?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭fta93

Or, if it's not the one I mentioned above and is the other one, the Centre Stage one, the song is Your Wish by Talisco.

That's the one, thanks! I was a bit vague on the ad, seen it again there and it was for Centre Stage yeah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 driver8

Hi,

I know its a long time after the original query, and I'm answering my own query (#4484 on Page 299)

I stumbled upon the song recently. It's 'Seesaw' by Katydids

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

What song is sampled in this one. I know it from somewhere but I can't remember what the songs called.

Edit: Axwell - I found you is what I was thinking of. Very similar sounding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭uggybear

Anyone know the song used in RTE's World War One centurion documentary promotion? Here's the clip: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LexQD4psykI

• Registered Users Posts: 26 hypochondriac

Recently I heard an indie rock song in a couple of supermarkets that goes "California Hey" or "California Hay" ( I suppose good shopping song) but have not been able to identify it, any suggestions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

Guys does anyone know the name of a recent song in which the lead singer sounds like the guy from marron 5.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Recently I heard an indie rock song in a couple of supermarkets that goes "California Hey" or "California Hay" ( I suppose good shopping song) but have not been able to identify it, any suggestions ?
    This?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Anyone know the music from the current AIB ad about mortgages, its been on for a few months now.

Sounds very Talking Heads.

RikkFlair wrote: »
    Anyone know the music from the current AIB ad about mortgages, its been on for a few months now.

Sounds very Talking Heads.

Pretty sure it's the same one that was on the other AIB ads where the train was going over the Liffey, which is Petardu by Delorentos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Pretty sure it's the same one that was on the other AIB ads where the train was going over the Liffey, which is Petardu by Delorentos.

No it's a different ad

Oh, you're right, it's different. I could have sworn it was the same song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭KevinK

Can anyone tell me the song from the new Sky advert. The one where there are offering something for one euro and the guys goes back and retrieves his money from the busking girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Whats the song in the new sky premier league advert?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

KevinK wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me the song from the new Sky advert. The one where there are offering something for one euro and the guys goes back and retrieves his money from the busking girl.

That's Crystal Fighters - Plage. The girl singing at the start isn't in the actual song. Quirky and cool band, I'd recommend checking them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

evil_seed wrote: »
    Whats the song in the new sky premier league advert?

Not sure if I've got the right ad but is it Hardwell ft One Republic - United?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

nope that's not it. it's got a lot of drumming in it

BaZmO* wrote: »

thanks for your contribution but it's not. It's a shopping indie rock/counttry song about California, played in supermarket and something very recent, not that old as Semisonic.

Supermarket's quite often have their playlists made by a company that sources unsigned music that doesn't cost anything to license. I used to work somewhere that had this kind of music and often heard the same songs in Tesco and Dunnes.

Have you ever heard it outside of the supermarket?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 IrishInNYC

Hi All

I have a couple of lines of a song going around in my head and have tried both Google and Youtube without success. I was wondering if anybody here would know the name of the song and maybe the artist.

What (I think) I remember of the lyrics go like

If anybody could help with this I would very much appreciate it.

M

Midnight in the Morning by Buckshot. Buckshot were an Irish showband in the 1970s and 80s. I had tried to recall this same song since hearing it on vinyl in the 80s.

Search for it on YouTube. I can't post link.

Supermarket's quite often have their playlists made by a company that sources unsigned music that doesn't cost anything to license. I used to work somewhere that had this kind of music and often heard the same songs in Tesco and Dunnes.

Have you ever heard it outside of the supermarket?

not sure actually... yesterday I heard same song in Dunnes again and managed to take down some lyrics:

"It's California hey, I'm glad I came your way....."

I would be surprised if this band is not signed up as this song is very catchy... And very short, I'd say under 3 minutes..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭uggybear

There was an Irish folk song played on Irish Pub radio about 2 days ago, didn't think I'd need to take a screenshot of it or take the name of it down because I foolishly though I would remember the lyrics as I thought they sounded so simple to remember, that's the problem; I don't! I do however remember one line of it though "Me boys, Johnny boy's been..." Don't remember anything after that , It's so frustrating! The rest of it could be "...been comin' (something) for years!"

Advertisement