Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

uggybear wrote: »
    There was an Irish folk song played on Irish Pub radio about 2 days ago, didn't think I'd need to take a screenshot of it or take the name of it down because I foolishly though I would remember the lyrics as I thought they sounded so simple to remember, that's the problem; I don't! I do however remember one line of it though "Me boys, Johnny boy's been..." Don't remember anything after that , It's so frustrating! The rest of it could be "...been comin' (something) for years!"

Don't know if it's this, or this version, but it sounds like...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭uggybear

Don't know if it's this, or this version, but it sounds like...

Sorry, that's not the song unfortunately but thanks for your help anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Long long shot, but anyone know what song was just on today fm. It was the Louise Duffy show I think, the last song and I presume it's a pop song. I just heard the last minute which was non sensible female singing and sweeping violins

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭connacht100

Long long shot, but anyone know what song was just on today fm. It was the Louise Duffy show I think, the last song and I presume it's a pop song. I just heard the last minute which was non sensible female singing and sweeping violins

According to the playlist it was Breath Me by Sia.

http://www.todayfm.com/The-Louise-Duffy-Show-Playlist--Aug-20th

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

Hope someone can help!
    Can anyone remember there was a song out a few years ago that featured irish music but was a dance/trance track? It had lots of fast violins . i want say it was called something like "return of the leprechauns" or "the curse of the leprechauns" or something like that. It's driving me mad!

I have googled loads but come up with nothing. At this stage Id just like if someone else could remember it too!
    Please help!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Anyone know the song at the end of the Mayo v Kerry match on RTÉ just now. I tried googling what I got of the lyrics but I can't find anything. I think I got a few of them wrong, it was kind of hard to hear what he was saying. Something like...

One dark moment, swept up over (sober?), all gets broke up, we're still holding
    We're coming again to cross the old (phone?) line,
    I don't know why we keep falling...

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 benhorror

Anyone know this song/band? The band is from Dublin and the song came out circa. 1990. The verse goes 'step on out with me into the old school yard, feel the love feel the love feel the love in me'. The chorus goes 'cos I believe in the love that you bring...' This song was remarkably catchy and if I knew the band/song I'd love to pick it up on iTunes. It's been puzzling me for YEARS. Anyone out there who can put this to rest?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Clayver

This is a long shot but i'm fairly desperate...

Song is used on RTE horse racing. Heard it about 6 months ago and again last month during the galway races so i'm guessing they frequently use it. Played towards the end of both shows I watched. There's no lyrics in the 20 second clip they use but it sounds like something Interpol might make, sort of indie / alternative rock
    It's Not Mike Oldfield or Just Like Heaven by the Cure I know the show uses those too.

Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Clayver wrote: »
    This is a long shot but i'm fairly desperate...

Song is used on RTE horse racing. Heard it about 6 months ago and again last month during the galway races so i'm guessing they frequently use it. Played towards the end of both shows I watched. There's no lyrics in the 20 second clip they use but it sounds like something Interpol might make, sort of indie / alternative rock
    It's Not Mike Oldfield or Just Like Heaven by the Cure I know the show uses those too.

Any ideas?

Not sure if it's the song you mean, but I do know they also use 'Everloving' by Moby quite frequently on their horse racing shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Long-shot, but ye wouldn't happen to know the name of the song with the lyrics..:

"Had enough, just feel the need to change" or similar.

Driving me nuts trying to remember it or even any part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Long-shot, but ye wouldn't happen to know the name of the song with the lyrics..:

"Had enough, just feel the need to change" or similar.

Driving me nuts trying to remember it or even any part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

Myself and the OH went to see "Let's Be Cops" recently. There's a pure cheesy song played twice, at the start and at the end, we're talking N-Sync type stuff. It's well known and popular, just can't think of it.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Found it... I Want It That Way - Backstreet Boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Recently I heard an indie rock song in a couple of supermarkets that goes "California Hey" or "California Hay" ( I suppose good shopping song) but have not been able to identify it, any suggestions ?
    thanks for your contribution but it's not. It's a shopping indie rock/counttry song about California, played in supermarket and something very recent, not that old as Semisonic.

I was in Supervalu earlier and I heard a song with a guy singing California throughout and I took note of the lyrics and googled them and came up with this.

The Counting Crows - A Long December

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭EpiphoneSpecial

Song ID request, I heard it being played in Tallaght Stadium after Leinster v Munster..

it was a rock/pop song ,lyrics were something like

helloooo, helloooo, helloooo

you get better every day

i've googled every combo i can think of and no luck :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Song ID request, I heard it being played in Tallaght Stadium after Leinster v Munster..

it was a rock/pop song ,lyrics were something like

helloooo, helloooo, helloooo

you get better every day

i've googled every combo i can think of and no luck :(

Something happens - hello hello hello...??

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭EpiphoneSpecial

Neeson wrote: »
    Something happens - hello hello hello...??

you live upto your handle Neeson
    2utaoN7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭carlowplayer

I think it's a Christmas song with guys in white clothes on a black background sing it like in a choir I think some of the lyrics are: when you stand up and believe

• Registered Users Posts: 38 badspealler

Does anyone know the name of the piece of music that starts 11min 13sec into...

Sorry, due to boards.ie restrictions I'm not able to post attachments, urls or blah de blah...

Okay, if you search youtube for "Agent Zigzag: The Eddie Chapman Story (Part 4)" and skip along to exactly 11 minutes 13 seconds you'll hear the piece of music that boards won't allow me to attach, or link to.

Please folks, this one's been niggling at me for almost 3 years now. I heard it again the other night on the BBC's "So you think you can drive", hence the renewed search for the name of it.

Here's hoping one of you good folks can help...

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Anyone know what the song off the AIB brave ad is? I think it might be from the kickass soundtrack...

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

If anyone could tell me the name of this song I would be grateful. The lyrics are something like the following " I thought for a while that everything was burning waiting for the first sign of the sunrise (or sun light). When all the signs say its here to stay." Also the phrase " pale but dignified" was in it.

Female singer possibly Irish. It was played a lot on Limericks Live 95fm if I recall right. Any help would be appreciated.

• Advertisement

Hey does anyone know the name of the song that's starts playing in the background at 0.33 seconds? It sounds like a reggae rap dance song or something.

Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

tim3000 wrote: »
    If anyone could tell me the name of this song I would be grateful. The lyrics are something like the following " I thought for a while that everything was burning waiting for the first sign of the sunrise (or sun light). When all the signs say its here to stay." Also the phrase " pale but dignified" was in it.

Female singer possibly Irish. It was played a lot on Limericks Live 95fm if I recall right. Any help would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭CJTobin

Hey all,

My uncle was looking for the name of an old cowboy song. He had the names of a couple of potential bands, I'm waiting on him to text me their names, but in the meantime the lyrics he had were something along the lines of:
    I'm lean and lanky,
    I'm a cowboy also swanky.

I'll update this if/when he texts me the bands' names, in the meantime many thanks for the help. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭NavyandBlue

The dance track in the background of the Damo and Ivor segments? All help appreciated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHgv3pGDhg0

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Anyone know what the song off the AIB brave ad is? I think it might be from the kickass soundtrack...

Gonna +1 this request.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭cullow123

@NavyandBlue

The dance track that you are looking for is Jubel by Klingande

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Hey does anyone know the name of the song that's starts playing in the background at 0.33 seconds? It sounds like a reggae rap dance song or something.

Thanks in advance.

I believe this is the song you are looking for! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

The dance track in the background of the Damo and Ivor segments? All help appreciated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHgv3pGDhg0

The other poster got the song at the start, I presume it was this one you were after?

• Advertisement

Ok so I have another request does anyone know the name of the song that's playing in the background of this?

Thanks

Advertisement