Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

Anyone the name of the song on the new damo and ivor ad. its on tele at the moment but cant find it online

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Jimllfixit

RedPunto,

That could be Runaway Go with a song called "Jump Start".

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Ok so I have another request does anyone know the name of the song that's playing in the background of this?

Thanks

That's Martin Garrix - Animals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭aare

Trying to ID a female singer (possibly songwriter too) from the North who had album in early 90s one song was called "Ultimate love" and another was called "Triganon"

Have the album on cassette but lost it :( She was REALLY good and cannot have sunk without trace...any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Just head a song used to advertise Rte Radio 1's Late Date. Had a feeling that it might have been Skinny Love by Birdy but think it might instead be something from the Gloaming.. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

I've heard the music in this video in multiple movies/tv shows, but I don't think this is the version that is widely known (this version is called Pyrates of Port Royale by Bertie Higgins). Would anyone know the common name/ more popular version of the song or any movies its been in? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

^ The version in that pirate thing is from True Romance but it also sounds like this piece from Badlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnsieorM0qY

Whats the name of the dance song in this ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

Much obliged to you both :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

can you help me remember a music video from the early 80's please
    it was an animated video like something that Daft Punk would do today, it had these robots on a flying plinth playing classical instrument like a violin and bass and was totally instrumental
    it sort of sounded like this bit in the Abba song Gimme Gimme Gimme 18 seconds in

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

Hi folks...wondering if anyone might know the instrumental in this clip form 10 seconds onwards....have heard it on one or 2 adverts recently, th clip is from Brian O'Driscoll recent newstalk promo

http://www.youtube.com/user/Newstalk106108fm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Skerries wrote: »
    can you help me remember a music video from the early 80's please
    it was an animated video like something that Daft Punk would do today, it had these robots on a flying plinth playing classical instrument like a violin and bass and was totally instrumental
    it sort of sounded like this bit in the Abba song Gimme Gimme Gimme 18 seconds in

Because you mentioned the glorious Swedes, I am moved to assist and I think it's Rondo Veneziano.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭Worztron

Hi.

I'm looking for the name of a song. I think it's from the early 1980s. The music video was set in a pub (most likely in England). The singer looked a bit like Al Pacino and had big side burns. I think a part of the song had something like "bada bada ba da da da" in it. People were playing pool and darts.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi.

I'm looking for the name of a song. I think it's from the early 1980s. The music video was set in a pub (most likely in England). The singer looked a bit like Al Pacino and had big side burns. I think a part of the song had something like "bada bada ba da da da" in it. People were playing pool and darts.

Can't post the video from my phone but I think you're talking about "Only You" by the Flying Pickets. Christmas number 1 in 1983. IIRC the song is sang completely a Capella

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Can't post the video from my phone but I think you're talking about "Only You" by the Flying Pickets. Christmas number 1 in 1983. IIRC the song is sang completely a Capella

and the lead singer certainly had sideburns!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX2LuPw0VwI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Looking for an electronic dance tune that was popular earlier this year.

All I know is that a guy sang the lyrics "and you don't even caaare caaaare "

it's driving me nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭Worztron

spurious wrote: »
    and the lead singer certainly had sideburns!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX2LuPw0VwI

Al Pacinos double. :pac:

The bald dude looked like someone straight out of a Sci-Fi film.

That looks like a proper pub.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Worztron wrote: »
    Al Pacinos double. :pac:

The bald dude looked like someone straight out of a Sci-Fi film.

That looks like a proper pub.

Sadly Brian Hilliard (who also played Doug in Corrie) is no longer with us...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I'm looking for the name of two songs please. My memory of the music videos is vague though.

The first one is partly animated with a dumbo-like pink elephant and other cartoons flying around a little girl's bedroom while she watches. I think it's supposed to be her dream or something. I can't grasp any of the words, it's just a hazy memory now. The singer was a woman with a sweet voice and the tune was kind of tinkly. Maybe a xylophone?

In the second one I'm trying to think of there is a beautiful black woman sitting in a bath. She's dressed in a black jumper and jeans and her makeup is black. I think both of these were early 90's. I remember liking them when I was little but I can't for the life of me remember what they were and google searches have been fruitless.

• Advertisement

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    The first one is partly animated with a dumbo-like pink elephant and other cartoons flying around a little girl's bedroom while she watches. I think it's supposed to be her dream or something. I can't grasp any of the words, it's just a hazy memory now. The singer was a woman with a sweet voice and the tune was kind of tinkly. Maybe a xylophone?

Madonna - Dear Jessie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGYmN-1UQzI

I'm looking for the name of two songs please. My memory of the music videos is vague though.

In the second one I'm trying to think of there is a beautiful black woman sitting in a bath. She's dressed in a black jumper and jeans and her makeup is black. I think both of these were early 90's. I remember liking them when I was little but I can't for the life of me remember what they were and google searches have been fruitless.

Is she in a bath for the whole video? It could be Trippin' by Total fat Missy Eliott or Whatta Man by En Vogue/Salt n Pepa

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 65 ✭✭Taajsgpm

nanoro wrote: »
    Hey,
    Does anybody know what the song is with a woman singing "i miss you so..." in the chorus and some guy rapping for the verses?

Thanks

Wow not a whole lot to go on that one

Bless you!! :D

Is she in a bath for the whole video? It could be Trippin' by Totalt Missy Eliott or Whatta Man by En Vogue/Salt n Pepa

Most of the video. I'll check all of those, thank you :).

Is she in a bath for the whole video? It could be Trippin' by Total fat Missy Eliott or Whatta Man by En Vogue/Salt n Pepa

Nope neither of those. The one I'm trying to think of is more angsty and actually I think the woman is bald.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,687 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Nope neither of those. The one I'm trying to think of is more angsty and actually I think the woman is bald.

George Michael, 'Fast Love'?

Or his other song 'Freedom '90''?

George Michael, 'Fast Love'?

Or his other song 'Freedom '90''?

Definitely a woman singing.

Definitely a woman singing.

If it's angsty and a bald black woman it could be Skunk Anansie - Charlie Big Potato

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Because you mentioned the glorious Swedes, I am moved to assist and I think it's Rondo Veneziano.

Spot on! well done, that has been bugging me for years

Advertisement